Hamshire-Fannett 55 Houston Washington 93/FINAL

1 hour ago, bigboss667 said:

Well let’s be honest a lot of those coaches that were at fannett didn’t have the talent those other coaches had, Fannett had 4 new players come over who were studs. 

Studs?……. Maybe to HF standards based on the last 10 years or even possibly in that district I can see people calling them studs but generally speaking….I don’t know.  Now I have only seen a few games of Hf so take it with a grain of salt.  

did they under perform….probably so. I had them finishing 2nd behind hj.

3 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

3 straight winning seasons vs 1 in over a decade prior? The entire culture has changed at that school when it comes to basketball. The JV obliterated everyone in that district and for the first time in school history they hired back to back basketball coaches instead of football guys who took a stipend to coach the team. HF if I'm not mistaken is the only school in the district where the basketball coach has to coach football and other sports to make up for salary. That's a big deal when you are going up against coaches who get to focus 100% on basketball. So I'm proud of our guys, no it wasn't the season it could have been, but for my kid he enjoyed coming to HF, going to school with family, and making new friends. He only got to play one year of varsity but proved what he needed as he has multiple offers with more to come to play at the next level. 

Liberty, Livingston and Shepherd head basketball coaches coach football. Also, Hardin-Jefferson head coach coaches cross country. Same for Splendora. I believe Huffman is the only head basketball coach that doesn't coach other sports.

14 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

How will the Beaumont longhorns be remembered? 

2020- 4th place 

2021- 3rd place 

2022-3rd place

All the controversy that was created a couple of years ago, and it kind of seems like these guys were always a little underwhelming as a whole. How does HF project for the future?

The Horns were what we thought they were. Regardless of who or how they got there they were a third place team. Next year should be interesting in that district. HF had a very good JV but they will all be required to step up and play next year. HJ will add a couple of solid players from their JV but will return 2 really good players in Melvo and Samaha. The Hawks will be the favorites again going in to the season. 

32 minutes ago, whsalum said:

The Horns were what we thought they were. Regardless of who or how they got there they were a third place team. Next year should be interesting in that district. HF had a very good JV but they will all be required to step up and play next year. HJ will add a couple of solid players from their JV but will return 2 really good players in Melvo and Samaha. The Hawks will be the favorites again going in to the season. 

As far as hawks   Will it be a 3rd times a charm(1st round)

3 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

As far as hawks   Will it be a 3rd times a charm(1st round)

The Huffman run last year was anomaly.  Region wasn’t the usual juggernaut, hell a team that was freshman/JV aged from Silsbee could have won it.  Not that they weren’t good but still.  Yates was and is on the decline.  HH also had a really good 4A player that was a coach on the floor.  

Point being, Silsbee is really still the only southeast Texas team that has the goods to run with the big boys on a consistent basis.  Arguing who is the best in 21-4A is ultimately arguing who is perhaps going to get a win or two in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The Huffman run last year was anomaly.  Region wasn’t the usual juggernaut, hell a team that was freshman/JV aged from Silsbee could have won it.  Not that they weren’t good but still.  Yates was and is on the decline.  HH also had a really good 4A player that was a coach on the floor.  

Point being, Silsbee is really still the only southeast Texas team that has the goods to run with the big boys on a consistent basis.  Arguing who is the best in 21-4A is ultimately arguing who is perhaps going to get a win or two in the playoffs. 

This is true

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you are talking about Sears, he is a senior.

I was.  I originally thought he was and then read something to thinking he had another year.  Man I hate that for him.  Can’t imagine what he must be going through.  I don’t know him but based on what I’ve heard from multiple people who I respect, he’s a really good kid. Unfortunately, even good kids do stupid stuff sometimes.  

5 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Those coaches weren't basketball coaches so them only winning 2-3 games a year made since. As far as the 4 players that came over, only one was on varsity and a ranked player with college intrest prior to coming and he wasn't transfering but returning to the district. The other 3 were talented freshman who left BU for academic reasons or homes got damaged in the flood. I know at least two of them are honor society and have academic scholarships. Rideaux helped those 3 develop into all district and one into an all region player. This notion of recruiting needs to stop as it is a lie! Those boys came to HF due to circumstances and decisions outside of basketball! My son returned to HFISD (yes he went to the elementary school he and his brother) purely for academic reasons as he was already being recruited and ranked Texas Top 100. He has a 4.0 and multiple academic scholarships that will go along with his basketball where ever he goes. Stop throwing shade at these kids and their families! These are good kids from good families and don't deserve to have that lie hanging over their heads. My son lost his entire junior and along with it D1 interest because of lies, jealousy, and deceitful tactics from adults in education and administration that are supposed to be all about these kids success and not their own personal vengeance, careers, or a dang basketball record. 

So jacks who won over 400 basketball games isn’t a b-ball coach? Pace who was a college coach isn’t a b-ball coach? 

50 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Yates was 22-1 last year and Silsbee upset them yates was petty dang good 

Don't know about Jacks, he was before our kids time.  Pace had some family issues that he had to work out and left us high and dry.  We had high hopes for him and the commitment from the school towards the basketball program wasn't what it is now.  They brought in Rideaux specifically for basketball and he did coach other sports but he was specifically brought in for basketball.  

From the time my son entered 7th grade till Rideaux, they had 4 different head coaches and with Coach K that makes 5.  Some of the kids prior to that had 6 different head coaches during their time @ HF so basketball wasn't the priority.  Hopefully this coach sticks with them.   Their is talent there and has been but with no stability it can't be developed.   

4 minutes ago, OVER THE HILL said:

From the time my son entered 7th grade till Rideaux, they had 4 different head coaches and with Coach K that makes 5.  Some of the kids prior to that had 6 different head coaches during their time @ HF so basketball wasn't the priority.  Hopefully this coach sticks with them.   Their is talent there and has been but with no stability it can't be developed.   

100% agree

1 hour ago, bigboss667 said:

Yates was 22-1 last year and Silsbee upset them yates was petty dang good 

No they weren’t.  MaxPreps isn’t your friend.  But they were good, didn’t mean to imply they weren’t.  They just lost that triumvirate of guards (two of which are playing at a high level in D1 basketball) and weren’t as good as those previous teams that battled with Silsbee.  But they were MUCH better than this year’s team obviously.