Port Arthur Memorial 26 Beaumont United 71/FINAL

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Man there is too much talent in PA for them not to be competitive every year.  

I saw 2 good players on the court tonight for Memorial and one is the 9th grader Hilstock. The talent definitely not on the JV team after what I watched, fundamentals definitely lacking. I haven't seen the 9th grade team. 

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

I'm not going back on my prediction of us splitting with Png this season from what I told you beginning of the season. Only beat em by 4 at Png right? Welp we might lose to em at home. Wouldn't be surprised if BH comes to PA and get them one too to finish the season sweep for them. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'm not going back on my prediction of us splitting with Png this season from what I told you beginning of the season. Only beat em by 4 at Png right? Welp we might lose to em at home. Wouldn't be surprised if BH comes to PA and get them one too to finish the season sweep for them. 

Dude, you’ve really hit rock bottom if there’s a split with PN-G.  Now BH is better than them, so I can kinda see BH beating PA in PA.  They did it last year. 

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Dude, you’ve really hit rock bottom if there’s a split with PN-G.  Now BH is better than them, so I can kinda see BH beating PA in PA.  They did it last year. 

Been at rock bottom since the West Brook game in PA early last season. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I saw 2 good players on the court tonight for Memorial and one is the 9th grader Hilstock. The talent definitely not on the JV team after what I watched, fundamentals definitely lacking. I haven't seen the 9th grade team. 

Yeah they may just be walking the halls.  But I can’t imagine there were 4 years of kids born that didn’t have 10-12 boys who had the talent and toughness to hoop.  We are talking Port Arthur, Texas.  There aren’t many towns in the whole durn state with better basketball DNA.  

I looked at this whole game.  Looks like about 95% of all PA shots were either throw up shot (shots they prayed go in) or good shots that were just blocked by BU.  Horrible shot selection.  Don’t looks like there’s any good guards as the back court turnovers was a problem all night.  Tons of one on one ball that most of the time ended in a turnover.  And when was the last time that I’ve seen a PA team with ZERO 3 point shooters?  This was not good at all and I’m not saying it because of how they looked vs #1 5a BU, but goodness gracious.  PA basketball is in a bad place and I’m starting to question where the blame should be placed…

28 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Yeah they may just be walking the halls.  But I can’t imagine there were 4 years of kids born that didn’t have 10-12 boys who had the talent and toughness to hoop.  We are talking Port Arthur, Texas.  There aren’t many towns in the whole durn state with better basketball DNA.  

Me and @BMTSoulja1 have had convos about that very thing in bold. 

22 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I looked at this whole game.  Looks like about 95% of all PA shots were either throw up shot (shots they prayed go in) or good shots that were just blocked by BU.  Horrible shot selection.  Don’t looks like there’s any good guards as the back court turnovers was a problem all night.  Tons of one on one ball that most of the time ended in a turnover.  And when was the last time that I’ve seen a PA team with ZERO 3 point shooters?  This was not good at all and I’m not saying it because of how they looked vs #1 5a BU, but goodness gracious.  PA basketball is in a bad place and I’m starting to question where the blame should be placed…

Lofton not walking thru that door, Clover not walking thru that door, Abram not walking thru that door, hell Coach Coleman not walking thru that door........

36 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

And I don’t wanna hear about kids moving to Nederland because while they have had a good season and playing much better than Memorial, it isn’t because they are supremely talented this year.  

Nederland has nothing to do with what's going on with the Memorial Basketball program. Not sure where that came from. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lofton not walking thru that door, Clover not walking thru that door, Abram not walking thru that door, hell Coach Coleman not walking thru that door........

But there was good basketball in PA  before Coleman, Lofton, Abram, and Clover were there.  Probably not on a state caliber, but still, good basketball.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nederland has nothing to do with what's going on with the Memorial Basketball program. Not sure where that came from. 

It’s no secret that many think that Nederland, Port Neches and I’m some cases, schools out west is attributing to the decline in talent in Trill, Tex.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But there was good basketball in PA  before Coleman, Lofton, Abram, and Clover were there.  Probably not on a state caliber, but still, good basketball.  

You overthinking and missing the point. What has happened after those first 3 in that post left? The start of a decline. 

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It’s no secret that many think that Nederland, Port Neches and I’m some cases, schools out west is attributing to the decline in talent in Trill, Tex.

Talent leaves the ISD every year though, mostly before those kids even reach the HS. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

As you know, the best basketball was long before any of those kids were there.  In fact that bunch would have gotten run out of the gym by some of the teams that preceded them.  Only Clover was a big contributor on the last PA state championship team (although Loftin got some minutes in a lot of their games).  But in its glory years, there was even an extra school in the city…