Tyler Chapel Hill vs. Vidor (Bi-District)

piratevillain

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

CH will not be surprised by the Slot-T , there coach is all too familiar with it. Can't rely on the element of surprise, we've got to play lights out and find our groove early on.

I am not concerned with the coach being surprised,  I just hope the defensive players are surprised and confused. Lol

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Had a Kilgore fan tell me most Vidor fans will be shocked when CH takes the field.  Said they have a bunch of big kids & they wear big pads.  Said they look like a Junior College team.  Made Kilgore look small.  The intimidation factor.  Evidently they had a QB of questionable talent and enthusiasm.  After the 3 District losses they brought up their current QB. Haven’t lost since.  Vidor needs to get on top of these folks in a hurry.  I suspect they may fold under pressure.  Problem is, getting them there.

I've watched a couple games of CH (films) and they have a decent size O & D-line...again that is from watching film which can be deceiving.  Their backs and WR's are on the small size but they can go. From what I can tell they do have one WR that is tall.  Lots of screens and quick routes to get the ball in their playmakers hands.  RB's like to bounce everything to the outside.  Corners need to move up towards the line of scrimmage and wrap-up! 

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Had a Kilgore fan tell me most Vidor fans will be shocked when CH takes the field.  Said they have a bunch of big kids & they wear big pads.  Said they look like a Junior College team.  Made Kilgore look small.  The intimidation factor.  Evidently they had a QB of questionable talent and enthusiasm.  After the 3 District losses they brought up their current QB. Haven’t lost since.  Vidor needs to get on top of these folks in a hurry.  I suspect they may fold under pressure.  Problem is, getting them there.

Maybe CH will see our size and think they will have their way with us and counter their intimidation tactics and we can punch 'em in the mouth early and often on offense and defense and let them know the Pirates came to play and WIN. One thing about the Pirates over the years, they aren't intimidated by any team, especially this group.

21 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Maybe CH will see our size and think they will have their way with us and counter their intimidation tactics and we can punch 'em in the mouth early and often on offense and defense and let them know the Pirates came to play and WIN. One thing about the Pirates over the years, they aren't intimidated by any team, especially this group.

Here’s some CH highlights of the Mabank game.  CH fan ask if offenses were similar.  Told him two big differences - first, we stop the snap to the defensive lineman (if you watch you’ll see what I mean, lol) and second, our OL actually blocks.  Usually on these plays, Mabank’s has 7 guys pass the line of scrimmage, and CH has 7 DL tackling the RB for a lost.

This is the hidden content, please

4 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

I've watched a couple games of CH (films) and they have a decent size O & D-line...again that is from watching film which can be deceiving.  Their backs and WR's are on the small size but they can go. From what I can tell they do have one WR that is tall.  Lots of screens and quick routes to get the ball in their playmakers hands.  RB's like to bounce everything to the outside.  Corners need to move up towards the line of scrimmage and wrap-up! 

Either their WR’s are the best blockers ever or they get away with holding a lot on those sweeps.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Here’s some CH highlights of the Mabank game.  CH fan ask if offenses were similar.  Told him two big differences - first, we stop the snap to the defensive lineman (if you watch you’ll see what I mean, lol) and second, our OL actually blocks.  Usually on these plays, Mabank’s has 7 guys pass the line of scrimmage, and CH has 7 DL tackling the RB for a lost.

This is the hidden content, please

Sheesh, Mabank has no defense. Like literally, none… whatsoever.

15 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Sheesh, Mabank has no defense. Like literally, none… whatsoever.

I liked the guy that said CH loses their composure.  I think the Pirates can help with that, lol.  Had a Lindale fan post:

“The Vidor offense makes the other team offense say, wait, we’re only getting the ball 5 or 6 times, we have to do something.  Then mistakes start to happen.  Easily the fastest half of football I’ve ever seen was the first half of the Vidor game last year.  We were all saying, Wow, it’s halftime.  We’d only had 3 possessions.  Vidor ate up 9-10 minutes on one TD drive.  It was crazy.  Makes the other team start to press.”

Hope it has that effect on CH.

24 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I liked the guy that said CH loses their composure.  I think the Pirates can help with that, lol.  Had a Lindale fan post:

“The Vidor offense makes the other team offense say, wait, we’re only getting the ball 5 or 6 times, we have to do something.  Then mistakes start to happen.  Easily the fastest half of football I’ve ever seen was the first half of the Vidor game last year.  We were all saying, Wow, it’s halftime.  We’d only had 3 possessions.  Vidor ate up 9-10 minutes on one TD drive.  It was crazy.  Makes the other team start to press.”

Hope it has that effect on CH.

Couple that style of offense with a strong defensive performance and I feel good about our chances. The only thing that worries me a bit is their big play ability but we have played many teams like that this season. We just have to wear them down and be within striking distance at the end. I’d prefer one of those dominating performances the Pirates have shown at times this year.

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Couple that style of offense with a strong defensive performance and I feel good about our chances. The only thing that worries me a bit is their big play ability but we have played many teams like that this season. We just have to wear them down and be within striking distance at the end. I’d prefer one of those dominating performances the Pirates have shown at times this year.

That's what has me worried myself, is giving up the big play. Hopefully the secondary doesn't play with a single high safety all game or let their WRs sit down in our coverage and nickels and dime us. That drove me nuts watching Lumberton do that all first half, and wait til halftime for adjustments. But I think they'll come out better prepared and not let the game be too big for them, like last week with a few boneheaded mistakes.

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

I don’t follow. 

If you watched the CH vs Mabank video, on the sweeps the WR had the corners locked up.  Just find it hard to believe the wide outs consistently held their blocks for that long.  Cornerbacks weren’t able to stop/slowdown the RBs.

45 minutes ago, Hagar said:

If you watched the CH vs Mabank video, on the sweeps the WR had the corners locked up.  Just find it hard to believe the wide outs consistently held their blocks for that long.  Cornerbacks weren’t able to stop/slowdown the RBs.

That is true but it also looked like nobody on their defense could get off a block or make an open field tackle. Mabank must not have a very good record, they don’t tackle and they don’t block. We’d probably be better off judging CH against a better team.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That is true but it also looked like nobody on their defense could get off a block or make an open field tackle. Mabank must not have a very good record, they don’t tackle and they don’t block. We’d probably be better off judging CH against a better team.

6-4 & 2-4.  Amazingly they beat Palestine, and lost Friday to Athens (the Splendora of Dist 9).