Crosby 31 Nederland 17/Final

AggiesAreWe

The Bulldog faithful can rave about Barrow and coaching staff all they want and yes they did a good job last year.  

This season the Bulldogs were a very poorly coached team.  They may have broken a record in getting personal fouls, which shows zero discipline and lack of character.

Every offensive position coach did a poor job in my opinion. The offense was extremely weak n all positions . Defensively, the secondary was really weak and I saw little effort the last 3 games of the season.   

Whoever called the fake punt in their own territory and only down 17-10 made a tremendously poor decision, probably the turning point of the game. 

Hopefully they can turn it around next season. They lost 4 of the last 5 games and that 6th place finish leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Proud of the Dogs tonight. I was hoping they wouldn’t lay down and die and they definitely didn’t. I wasn’t a fan of the fake punt at 17-10, but we were aggressive all night. The defense was hitting hard and playing like they did early in the season. Broussard took some huge hits tonight and kept getting up and had one of his best games of the season. It was really nice to see Noah Kendrick step up at WR with a great game with Kyndon playing RB. 

Congrats to Crosby. Very good team. Hope they can make some noise in the playoffs. This was a very hard hitting game and very fun to watch.

This is the 5th time since 2014 that Crosby has come into the last game of district play undefeated. This makes the 4th time we failed to bring the A-game to close the show. Fortunately Crosby is good enough this year that our B-game can beat most. Made us out healthy so that’s the biggest victory of the night. 

Great job tonight by Nederland’s 22 seniors, I believe? I say it all the time, more than any team Crosby plays on a regular basis Nederland is the team that gives Crosby the most fits. They did so tonight and I honestly didn’t expect anything less. I’m actually glad they made Crosby take it off cruise control. 

31 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I think Crosby makes it to the 4th at least. 

He said the same thing last year. Actually he said we would lose in the second round. Then every round after that. We he’s failing to resize is that we match up a lot better this year with FBM than we did last year. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He said the same thing last year. Actually he said we would lose in the second round. Then every round after that. We he’s failing to resize is that we match up a lot better this year with FBM than we did last year. 

You think so? Defensively I thought we matched up better last year. 

49 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

You think so? Defensively I thought we matched up better last year. 

I agree our defense was a beast against what they did last year, but we were more size than speed in the front seven. This year it’s flipped and I think that’s a good thing for FBM’s qb run-first offense.

I was rewatching the playoff run the other night and noticed we didn’t have a very good day offensively against FBM execution wise. I think this offense is set up a lot better to move the ball against them which is a matchup plus, last year we played the whole first half of the game on our side of the field. 

• bullets13 changed the title to Crosby 31 Nederland 17/Final
5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I believe I said second round last year, after that I didn’t make a prediction. We will see.

Crosby by a mile on best team in the district. I have said it all year, Nederland wasn’t that great. We imploded, but they earned it against us. For the people who think Nederland can do better without Monte, y’all are crazy. Nederland comes to play every night. They had one star player and almost made it to the dance. Nederland is suffering from PA Memorial being good, and you don’t see the transfers like Washington anymore. Just my opinion. 

Stattrax, you may be right in Monte being a good choice, however in my opinion, the coaching staff did a poor job this year.  If you look at every position, as a unit, I didn’t see any excel.  It didn’t matter whether it was the OL, QB, RB, receivers, DL, LBer’s, or Sec.

I also don’t think 6 out of 8 is close to the dance and they didn’t come to play every night.  If you think they came to play vs BH and KP, I would question that

11 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Y’all were whining about the refs and pretty much quiet otherwise when the score was tied at half,  not to mention talking about playing backups the whole game this week.  Glass houses.

Easy “Dog”!  The clearly better team won. Big Ned didn’t make it easy but Crosby did play back ups, Neds last td was on second string. As far as the refs go there are always calls that could have been or should have been either way, it happens to all teams/games. What I thought was most damaging for Ned more so than fake punt was 15 yard penalties, I lost count. Maybe, we’ll see you next year if not Ned has been a respectable opponent. It was a good game and we needed Ned to play us tuff. 

5 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Easy “Dog”!  The clearly better team won. Big Ned didn’t make it easy but Crosby did play back ups, Neds last td was on second string. As far as the refs go there are always calls that could have been or should have been either way, it happens to all teams/games. What I thought was most damaging for Ned more so than fake punt was 15 yard penalties, I lost count. Maybe, we’ll see you next year if not Ned has been a respectable opponent. It was a good game and we needed Ned to play us tuff. 

I wasn't under any illusions that Ned was going to pull off an upset, although they have proved me wrong before.  I am glad they seemed to have recovered from the bad KP and BH losses and didn't give up.

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree our defense was a beast against what they did last year, but we were more size than speed in the front seven. This year it’s flipped and I think that’s a good thing for FBM’s qb run-first offense.

I was rewatching the playoff run the other night and noticed we didn’t have a very good day offensively against FBM execution wise. I think this offense is set up a lot better to move the ball against them which is a matchup plus, last year we played the whole first half of the game on our side of the field. 

That was because Dunn came in to the game injured. When I say this folks think I’m crazy but with a healthy Dunn I think we would have blown out FBM last year. We completely shut down their run game. We just couldn’t move the ball without the duel threat in the first half. I hope you’re right about the matching up this year. I know one thing tho , Prieto won’t  let Chris Marshall beat us. I 100% believe he’ll try and take away there best weapon. 

12 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Y’all were whining about the refs and pretty much quiet otherwise when the score was tied at half,  not to mention talking about playing backups the whole game this week.  Glass houses.

Good job, y’all didn’t get blown out. Crosby’s poor offensive execution at the beginning of the game and Ned playing not to get blown out allowed your fans to be ecstatic for a half. Crosby came out, scored 21 straight and the game was over. 

Crosby wins at Barbers Hill, at PNG and at Nederland while blowing the doors off everybody we play in The Jungle. We beat the 2nd and 3rd place teams by a combined 70. Congrats on Ned’s 6th place squad playing with a bunch of heart and keeping it interesting for a while their last time in Bulldog Stadium. At least you’re not mistaking it for being average like you did last year. 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

Good job, y’all didn’t get blown out. Crosby’s poor offensive execution at the beginning of the game and Ned playing not to get blown out allowed your fans to be ecstatic for a half. Crosby came out, scored 21 straight and the game was over. 

Crosby wins at Barbers Hill, at PNG and at Nederland while blowing the doors off everybody we play in The Jungle. We beat the 2nd and 3rd place teams by a combined 70. Congrats on Ned’s 6th place squad playing with a bunch of heart and keeping it interesting for a while their last time in Bulldog Stadium. At least you’re not mistaking it for being average like you did last year. 

Thank you for making my point.  Glass houses.  Keep it classy.  LOL.

12 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

That was because Dunn came in to the game injured. When I say this folks think I’m crazy but with a healthy Dunn I think we would have blown out FBM last year. We completely shut down their run game. We just couldn’t move the ball without the duel threat in the first half. I hope you’re right about the matching up this year. I know one thing tho , Prieto won’t  let Chris Marshall beat us. I 100% believe he’ll try and take away there best weapon. 

I think Dunn being hurt was a big part big go look at some of those drops we had at the beginning of the game. We felt like Chris Marshall was handling us because we weren’t scoring. It was 14-9 at the end of the 3rd quarter when he got ejected, we probably should’ve had 23 points at that time. When Marshall got ejected and they started going to #3 their offense got harder to stop. 

Marshall can get his but I don’t think Banks is good enough to beat us from the pocket. He’s Jamar Sanders with more speed but a worse arm. If we can manage those three interior o-linemen and not let Banks run wild then we should be good. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Thank you for making my point.  Glass houses.  Keep it classy.  LOL.

You’re welcome. We did keep it classy. Ned’s whole team stood on their logo and didn’t move for the team handshake after the game. We were going to dance on it but decided not to. Instead we just jumped around with the trophy on side of y’all while Barrow tried to explain to the team why they finished 6th. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You’re welcome. We did keep it classy. Ned’s whole team stood on their logo and didn’t move for the team handshake after the game. We were going to dance on it but decided not to. Instead we just jumped around with the trophy on side of y’all while Barrow tried to explain to the team why they finished 6th. 

Trophy?  Like a state title?  Oh wait... nevermind.

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We got a nice group pic out of it tho. I’ll re-watch that Marshall game tonight at work.  
As for this game. That was probably the most mediocre game Crosby has played all year. They got a 2weeks  to get that ish together.  

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby will have a down year sooner or later. Sooner if they move up to D-1.