Carthage vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Not sure if using us as an example helps much. 9 teams (almost 10) scored more against us than Crosby did. 

Lone Star 32

Cedar Hill 27

Arlington Seguin 26

Mansfield Timberview 28

Cleburne 20

Burleson 24

North Forney 24

Frisco 27

Lovejoy 48

WF Rider 28

Crosby 21

It wasn't meant to highlight who scored what against Aledo. It was meant to show that it took the 5A-D2 state champion to hold Crosby to its lowest point total of the season. Using that logic I don't see the 4A-D2 state champion holding an even better team to less points. 

4 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

FB or The other Marshall? 

My bad, it was Lindale they scrimmaged. I was reading something a Marshall poster was writing on the thread. Lindale got stomped by Argyle in the 4A-D1 title game last year. Thread says Carthage beat them 20-7 in two live quarters. 

16 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

We shall see  and carthage has not scrimmage marshall this year was post to play them week 3 but they refused and yall will prolly find out why

I see it was Lindale y'all scrimmaged. Yeah, Marshall isn't very good right now. They got 5th place in a district where their champion was down 62-28 when Crosby got off the gas. Nederland mauled 2nd place Pine Tree too. Even two years ago when Marshall won the district at 7-0 they still got stomped by Huntsville in the first round. I would be ducking people if I was them too, no need to be taking useless L's. 

41 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I see it was Lindale y'all scrimmaged. Yeah, Marshall isn't very good right now. They got 5th place in a district where their champion was down 62-28 when Crosby got off the gas. Nederland mauled 2nd place Pine Tree too. Even two years ago when Marshall won the district at 7-0 they still got stomped by Huntsville in the first round. I would be ducking people if I was them too, no need to be taking useless L's. 

You act like crosby is/ has been world beaters one decent year and yall are all of a sudden head and shoulders better then everyone except Aledo lol had we not beat gilmer so bad yall would of been the lauging stock of the state games

1 hour ago, Bansheefan said:

You act like crosby is/ has been world beaters one decent year and yall are all of a sudden head and shoulders better then everyone except Aledo lol had we not beat gilmer so bad yall would of been the lauging stock of the state games

One decent year? Sheesh. Setting that bar kinda high huh chief? Is Carthage really the  boogey man  every one makes them out to be? I understand they running thru 4A D2 but so is  Aledo (5AD2) and folks aren't afraid to schedule them.

1 hour ago, Bansheefan said:

There were quite a few lop-sided losses at the State games last year. Not to discredit Aledo's victory last season but the game imo would have been a lot different had Aledo not faked so many injuries when Crosby was driving and moving the ball up tempo. (Sure I'm not the only person to notice that either ). 

Crosby will be ready come Thursday and will not be intimidated like some of the opponents you guys may play at your level. Don't be surprised if that Carthage defense run into a few speed demons that will be problematic for them vs Crosby. Can't wait ... hope they are able to play this one out🙏

47 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

One decent year? Sheesh. Setting that bar kinda high huh chief? Is Carthage really the  boogey man  every one makes them out to be? I understand they running thru 4A D2 but so is  Aledo (5AD2) and folks aren't afraid to schedule them.

Well for carthage the bar is a state championship and we was running thru 4ad1 too before got moved down 

1 hour ago, Cougar239 said:

Not to discredit Aledo's victory last season but the game imo would have been a lot different had Aledo not faked so many injuries when Crosby was driving and moving the ball up tempo. (Sure I'm not the only person to notice that either ). 

Lol well thanks for not discrediting the win. 

3 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

Nah, still would’ve been Cedar Park who lost by 45. We’re not head and shoulders above anybody, that’s why we’re ranked #12 even after a finals appearance. Don’t tell me you’re one of the ones that when the facts are pointed out you go immediately to the “You act like Crosby are world beaters” comments🤦🏾‍♂️