CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

6 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Clearly 14.2 is rattled by the Abseck hire. Easy to see that. 

He’s worried. He’ll never admit it on here. Usually when he hypes up Crosby, their one or two rounds and done. Last year inflated his head, so he gets to pole his chest out this year telling ever HS in our viewing area how superior Crosby is to everyone. 😂

13 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I like it better saying we’re 2 and 1 over the last 3 years and it took the stars to align for Crosby’s one and only team to ever get to state to beat us👍

That’s fair. I like it better saying those were the two biggest wins of the TW era. The one in ‘18 broke Crosby’s 13 consecutive year playoff streak(even though it was the Santa Fe loss), and the one in ‘19 caused Crosby to have its only .500 season in a decade. Those are pretty decent bragging rights against one of your rivals. 

41 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Clearly 14.2 is rattled by the Abseck hire. Easy to see that. 

Dude, they just had freaking Tom Westerberg. Like THE Tom Westerberg. In terms of talent this is like Gary Joseph going from Katy to Clear Lake, I think we’ll be fine. Coach P and his predecessor already proved they have no issues taking out state championship coaches at BH. 

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

He’s worried. He’ll never admit it on here. Usually when he hypes up Crosby, their one or two rounds and done. Last year inflated his head, so he gets to pole his chest out this year telling ever HS in our viewing area how superior Crosby is to everyone. 😂

There’s a lot of truth there Traden. We do usually go one or two rounds, only been past the second twice in 7 years. We went 4-1 against five of the top seven teams in the state who were 47-1 at the time we played them, head is slightly inflated. I disagree with you on your last point though? I’m telling you how superior Crosby was to every 5A-D2 team in the state except one when it counted, not just the viewing area. 

It took a freak ACL accident in a year Crosby had already beaten WOS and Manvel, and a bankruptcy which was just a tough year in general around town for BH to beat Crosby. I know 2011 was but I don’t remember any of our other games even really being that close recently, and that’s with two coaches coming off multiple state championships at their previous stops. 

Abseck was the OC when Cedar Park rolled Crosby in the semifinals in 2014. Our ‘14 squad was one of the bigger ones we’ve had recently, especially in the trenches. We looked like jv kids against Cedar Park size wise and they we’re just as fast as us. Until that happens at BH I won’t be worried no matter who the coach is. Crosby and BH are both growing fast. We’re getting more Crosby level athletes and transfers, y’all are getting more BH level kids. 

All that being said, Crosby could start 0-3, get hit with injuries and struggle to make the playoffs this year. That’s the way it works for a program on our level. 

BH has a good group returning. If TW would have stayed this group had a good shot at district plus 3 rounds. Now the question is can Abseck come in and pick up where TW left off? I think he can , but may not see it till early to mid district. Crosby had a fantastic year last year, but they will not have 2 special athletes that willed that team to the finals last year. PNG is putting some pieces together along with a strong underclass to help out. Ned will also be in the hunt. Going to be a fun competitive season this year.

10 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m really anticipating this be the last time mid county schools will be playing BH and Crosby in district… both BH and Crosby likely moving to 5AD1 could be in a district with West Brook, United, PAM???? That would be a fun one! 

Can't wait. 😁

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I know you would be doing flips if it happened.. lol guess they would move out friendswood, la Porte and ball.  To replace them with BH, Crosby, West Brook… 

Ball and Friendswood would move back with Angleton & others. GCM might be borderline 6A i hear. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

There’s a lot of truth there Traden. We do usually go one or two rounds, only been past the second twice in 7 years. We went 4-1 against five of the top seven teams in the state who were 47-1 at the time we played them, head is slightly inflated. I disagree with you on your last point though? I’m telling you how superior Crosby was to every 5A-D2 team in the state except one when it counted, not just the viewing area. 

It took a freak ACL accident in a year Crosby had already beaten WOS and Manvel, and a bankruptcy which was just a tough year in general around town for BH to beat Crosby. I know 2011 was but I don’t remember any of our other games even really being that close recently, and that’s with two coaches coming off multiple state championships at their previous stops. 

Abseck was the OC when Cedar Park rolled Crosby in the semifinals in 2014. Our ‘14 squad was one of the bigger ones we’ve had recently, especially in the trenches. We looked like jv kids against Cedar Park size wise and they we’re just as fast as us. Until that happens at BH I won’t be worried no matter who the coach is. Crosby and BH are both growing fast. We’re getting more Crosby level athletes and transfers, y’all are getting more BH level kids. 

All that being said, Crosby could start 0-3, get hit with injuries and struggle to make the playoffs this year. That’s the way it works for a program on our level. 

Then admit that we’ve been beaten in the playoffs by very good teams. Last 4 years was PNG with Shug, Manvel twice, and Huntsville last year. Those are solid teams. I haven’t looked up their records those years, but I’m sure it would be impressive. All I’m saying we are talking area football, you have to give some love. Lol

6 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m really anticipating this be the last time mid county schools will be playing BH and Crosby in district… both BH and Crosby likely moving to 5AD1 could be in a district with West Brook, United, PAM???? That would be a fun one! 

How far away is BH and Crosby from the cutoff? Anyone in the district likely to move down? 

7 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Now the question is can Abseck come in and pick up where TW left off? I think he can , but may not see it till early to mid district. 

There will be an adjustment period. It will take until mid district for sure. Glancing at the schedule, I would not be surprised to see an 0-3 start for BH before things start to come together. District is all that matters though. 

11 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

To be fair Crosby's playoff run was extremely impressive. If there was ever a time to have a big head it would be after a murders row like that. 

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Having said all that in my previous post, I'm pretty sure Lovejoy beats yall last year. Just my .02 cents. Several other teams give yall a very good game. So I wouldnt get too comfortable on that superiority trip. Plus, if we're all being honest, if LH gets a clean handoff they win. That kid would have scored standing up. 

7 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

To be fair Crosby's playoff run was extremely impressive. If there was ever a time to have a big head it would be after a murders row like that. 

That would superior for last year. This is a new year and it starts over. I'm just messing with 14.2 because every year he breaks down every team in 5A in the area and why they are not on Crosby level. Results are besides last year and like 7 years ago is a second round exit.

Let's be honest, if Manvel didn't move up to D1, Crosby would've been out round 3 even with the team they had.

9 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

How far away is BH and Crosby from the cutoff? Anyone in the district likely to move down? 

Crosby is probably closer then us. We turned in 1780? or somewhere around that. We still have a ways to go and like I said a while back, our big numbers are in our lower grades. It's coming though.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

That would superior for last year. This is a new year and it starts over. I'm just messing with 14.2 because every year he breaks down every team in 5A in the area and why they are not on Crosby level. Results are besides last year and like 7 years ago is a second round exit.

Let's be honest, if Manvel didn't move up to D1, Crosby would've been out round 3 even with the team they had.

To continue the honesty. Crosby didn’t exactly dominate to the state final. 2 OT games and a close game with the buffs. Any of those games could have been the end of the Road. However Crosby persevered and marched to the finale which speaks to the heart that team had.

13 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

To continue the honesty. Crosby didn’t exactly dominate to the state final. 2 OT games and a close game with the buffs. Any of those games could have been the end of the Road. However Crosby persevered and marched to the finale which speaks to the heart that team had.

I agree, they just found a way, which is what a state championship team does. Hat's off to them. Now hopefully, we go the next 10 years in a row beating them. :)

On 6/16/2021 at 6:45 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Aren't those the Baytown boys? 

I’m sure they are but his point is they’d never play for BH, and for that matter after what happened with the dreadlock thing I’m quite certain BH will never get the players they need to get to the next level. JMO

3 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I’m sure they are but his point is they’d never play for BH, and for that matter after what happened with the dreadlock thing I’m quite certain BH will never get the players they need to get to the next level. JMO

If someone doesn’t want to play for BH then so be it. We’ll be just fine. Nobody here is begging for anyone to move here to play football. We’ll still make the playoffs with the kids we have that abide by the rules put in place. The folks on the outside can keep on coming up with whatever agenda they want. We keeping the BH way unless the community, school board, and superintendent change it. Like I’ve said before, I could careless about someone’s hair length, color, sexual preference, or whatever, but mine will abide by the rules in place. When they graduate HS, they can color their hair purple and grow in to their ankles. Btw, that kid your talking about didn’t play football, in fact I don’t think he played any sport.

19 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

If someone doesn’t want to play for BH then so be it. We’ll be just fine. Nobody here is begging for anyone to move here to play football. We’ll still make the playoffs with the kids we have that abide by the rules put in place. The folks on the outside can keep on coming up with whatever agenda they want. We keeping the BH way unless the community, school board, and superintendent change it. Like I’ve said before, I could careless about someone’s hair length, color, sexual preference, or whatever, but mine will abide by the rules in place. When they graduate HS, they can color their hair purple and grow in to their ankles. Btw, that kid your talking about didn’t play football, in fact I don’t think he played any sport.

I agree and respect your take on following the rules, and I’m sure BH is a great school that produces tons of successful people. I was just alluding to the “state title” post in that it’s going to be awfully difficult to get to that level without any black kids. It can be argued up and down, but unless you’re one of the handfuls of teams in Texas (Highland Park, Lake Travis, etc) that have lots of NFL offspring suiting up every Friday night, then the “state titles” are just wishful thinking.