Subway Bullying Campaign

Englebert

Why is Subway hiring a bully to try to sell their sandwiches? Can you imagine a scenario when you are about to enjoy your lunch, and some big bad bully knocks your food out of your hand? Should this person be allowed to be spokesperson for a company? Should this person be cancelled...fired from her job? After all, her job requires her to be a representative of the United States of America. Should we, as a country, condone this bullying behavior? Should Subway be cancelled for thrusting this behavior onto our society? (Sometimes it's fun to think like a Liberal.) Will Subway and the soccer "star" get a pass from the Liberals?

I go to Subway roughly about once a week for lunch. I think I will skip a few weeks. Will any anti-bullying Liberal join me in this protest? I'm betting a resounding no. But if Trump would have been the star in this commercial, Subways around the country would be burnt to the ground by now. Just another example of the Liberal hypocrisy that will be ignored. Am I the only one thinks this commercial is hilarious because of the hypocrisy?

This is the hidden content, please

I can't stand her.  As someone who played soccer at the college level, I know the game well enough to say with confidence she's overrated.  Add to that all of her kneeling nonsense, and even more bothersome to me, her spearheading the very dishonest effort to "get paid the same as the men", even though they're much better compensated already, and she just gets on my nerves.  

31 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I can't stand her.  As someone who played soccer at the college level, I know the game well enough to say with confidence she's overrated.  Add to that all of her kneeling nonsense, and even more bothersome to me, her spearheading the very dishonest effort to "get paid the same as the men", even though they're much better compensated already, and she just gets on my nerves.  

I can’t stand when athletes complain about money when all they do is “play with a ball”

31 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Me too, but she identifies as a male or alpha male, take your pick, so that makes her “special” and she is to be treated with kid gloves. Lmao 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I can’t stand when athletes complain about money when all they do is “play with a ball”

Having played soccer my whole life, I'm a huge fan of the men's national team, and have always supported the women's team as well.  I could go off on a tangent about the inequalities between A) the competition the two teams face and B ) the way they're compensated.  I won't, but I assure you it's ridiculous the differences in what the men's and women's teams receive.  The women were offered the exact same deal as the men, but refused it and negotiated for other things.  Now they're claiming they're being treated unfairly because the men make more $ per game, and they want the same amount as the men.  Remember, the women had that offer and refused it.  It's all about greed and an overinflated view of what their product is worth.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Having played soccer my whole life, I'm a huge fan of the men's national team, and have always supported the women's team as well.  I could go off on a tangent about the inequalities between A) the competition the two teams face and B ) the way they're compensated.  I won't, but I assure you it's ridiculous the differences in what the men's and women's teams receive.  The women were offered the exact same deal as the men, but refused it and negotiated for other things.  Now they're claiming they're being treated unfairly because the men make more $ per game, and they want the same amount as the men.  Remember, the women had that offer and refused it.  It's all about greed and an overinflated view of what their product is worth.  

When it comes to national teams (olympics) it suppose to be about coming together and yes competition and the want to win but more importantly to show sportsmanship between countries.....it’s about money like you said.

I’m pretty sure they make enough to live on like the avg American.

nothing against soccer or any other sport, but they should be thankful to get paid to play with a ball.

athletes get paid more than drs, nurses, 1st responders, teachers, social workers, military etc.  SAD what an emphasis we put on sports.

You ll find more people with there kids at gyms and baseball/softball fields on Sunday morning than in church.

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

When it comes to national teams (olympics) it suppose to be about coming together and yes competition and the want to win but more importantly to show sportsmanship between countries.....it’s about money like you said.

I’m pretty sure they make enough to live on like the avg American.

nothing against soccer or any other sport, but they should be thankful to get paid to play with a ball.

athletes get paid more than drs, nurses, 1st responders, teachers, social workers, military etc.  SAD what an emphasis we put on sports.

You ll find more people with there kids at gyms and baseball/softball fields on Sunday morning than in church.

I honestly don’t have a huge problem with athletes getting paid lots of money. That’s good ole American capitalism at its finest. I just want them to stick to sports. I don’t need an athlete telling me how to live my life, just cuz they get paid a lot to entertain me. Same with actors, actresses, musical entertainers, etc... keep it to yourself. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I honestly don’t have a huge problem with athletes getting paid lots of money. That’s good ole American capitalism at its finest. I just want them to stick to sports. I don’t need an athlete telling me how to live my life, just cuz they get paid a lot to entertain me. Same with actors, actresses, musical entertainers, etc... keep it to yourself. 

Yes it is capitalism and I agree with that concept.

But people in general have put sports/entertainment before everything and look at athletes/celebrities as semi gods.

before God, before wife, husband, kids, before true family time.....like teaching life skills,  playing cards or board games, teaching a kid to use a measuring tape, cut a board, plant a garden/trees, hunt and fish, how to change the oil, tire...jump start a car, build something, exercise together(for health), skip a rock, start a fire without a lighter, run a fence, etc etc

to each your own but sitting in front of a tv is not my primary entertainment.....it’s so far down on my list. Same reason I have no social media besides this site....

and look I grew up during the magic bird Jordan years....the 49er cowboy years.  I played college ball.  I realized once I started having kids that life is too short and I’m not spending it in front of a tv.........when I can have a more engrained relationship and lasting impression with my kids.

sports do teach a lot about life but when it becomes the focal point in a society something is wrong.

again this is just my opinion.

12 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yes it is capitalism and I agree with that concept.

But people in general have put sports/entertainment before everything and look at athletes/celebrities as semi gods.

before God, before wife, husband, kids, before true family time.....like teaching life skills,  playing cards or board games, teaching a kid to use a measuring tape, cut a board, plant a garden/trees, hunt and fish, how to change the oil, tire...jump start a car, build something, exercise together(for health), skip a rock, start a fire without a lighter, run a fence, etc etc

to each your own but sitting in front of a tv is not my primary entertainment.....it’s so far down on my list. Same reason I have no social media besides this site....

and look I grew up during the magic bird Jordan years....the 49er cowboy years.  I played college ball.  I realized once I started having kids that life is too short and I’m not spending it in front of a tv.........when I can have a more engrained relationship and lasting impression with my kids.

sports do teach a lot about life but when it becomes the focal point in a society something is wrong.

again this is just my opinion.

I can agree with everything you are saying on this last post. If you wanna get real deep, it’s about worshipping money and material things in general. That’s why so much emphasis is put on celebrities and sports figures. That’s why our politicians are corrupt. I’m guilty of it just like most are. I work hard to make lots of money and buy material things. It’s definitely a sickness. 

• 2 months later...

I can honestly say I have never bought an item, wore an item, or ate something because a "celebrity" was a spokesperson for that product. 

The reason I don't buy Nike is not because of Kaperdick, I think their products are over priced and of poor quality. I won't stop going to sub-way because of the pink hair bigot because that only hurts the franchisee who has no say in ad dollars.

Turning off the NFL, NBA, MLB or boycotting is plain stupid, turning on your tv doesn't mean you support what you are watching, it's entertainment and that is all it is.

9 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

I can honestly say I have never bought an item, wore an item, or ate something because a "celebrity" was a spokesperson for that product. 

The reason I don't buy Nike is not because of Kaperdick, I think their products are over priced and of poor quality. I won't stop going to sub-way because of the pink hair bigot because that only hurts the franchisee who has no say in ad dollars.

Turning off the NFL, NBA, MLB or boycotting is plain stupid, turning on your tv doesn't mean you support what you are watching, it's entertainment and that is all it is.

I think you need a lesson in economics, supply and demand and the value of a dollar. 

29 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Yes, it does hurt the franchise owners first, but can get the desired results in time. Best way to put it is people are fed up….. no pun intended. 

This is the hidden content, please

5 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Less viewership means less ratings which means less advertising dollars which means less revenue. Cut off the money and you get rid of the crap.