*Nederland 0 Dayton 63 FINAL/COMMENTS*

Guest TravelingBandsman

Guess that is what I get for telling you I was not pulling for Dayton, huh Bandsman.  Good game Dayton.  Nederland would pour it on so keep it up Dayton!!!!!!!!!!! 

Nederland is a good team. I don't really know.....HOW this happened, but I'm just gonna not ask questions and let it go, because this shows promise for the future. This is just....weird is how I put it.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late Matt, already pent up.  Nederland will be back next week.  Dayton is a great football team with great athletes.  When a great team gets things rolling, this kind of thing can happen, especially when you have an offense that relies heavily on the pass.  If it's not clicking, then you go three and out and force the defense to step up.  The defense had a hard time stopping them... that's an understatement.

Dayton was just too good tonight.  

Guest TravelingBandsman

WOW!!     and didn't WOS beat Dayton?  and Lumberton also? 

That shows you. A team can get beaten, and then really work on things and turn it around 180 degrees. I'm wondering if this is will carry over into the playoffs and really help us out.

The playoff scenarios are pretty clear at this point.  Theres only two.  I think Dayton is in.

Both Nederland and Lumberton control their own destiny.  Nederland has the toughest task, they must win by at least 10 to guarantee a playoff spot.  If Dayton beats PNG, then the straight up winner of the Ned/Lum game is in.  Lumberton could actually lose by 9 and get in if PNG beats Dayton.

Guest PurplePride

:oWOW! :o I tell you, I really was worried about this game! Of everyone we have played, THIS game was the one I was worried about!!! I have wanted to post several times but didn't want to jinx us........ ;) Guess you just had to be there in, oh Lord, I am getting old so maybe this is a guess....no, not gonna tell my age but I can say this....it has been less or close to 6 years ago when Nederland kicked our rears out of playoffs.....anyway, I made a ton of friends that year and one very dear to me.......anyway, my point is this.....Game over 63-0.........I am really shocked! I really think the Nederland guys tried TOO HARD and got to pumped for the game they needed to win. Of course I am a HUGE DAYTON FAN but I do NOT like to dog kids.....I honestly do not believe Nederland isn't good, THEY ARE! Don't know what happened tonight...can't say much more as I am shocked :o so...Nederland, you know your good, bad night tonight..........Dayton, GREAT GAME and way to go Broncos!!!!

PS. We DO have great players but behind great players is GREAT COACHING! ;)

Hey, miss tackle here and a drop pass we in this ballgame.

No sugar coating this game. Dayton put it on us like no one has ever done. How in the world did Lumberton and WOS beat this team? Dayton has a great defense, they covered our receivers like a blanket. A pass rush that kept coming, and they hit. The QB is for real, the runners run with power. They are a very good team.

Congrats Dayton, have to regroup and take Lumberton next week.   

incredible beat down

Dayton has a great defense I mean really great, that was obvious. Just like last year, they are quick, they get to the ball fast, they dont miss tackles, ever. They have excellent defensive coaches. Good for you dayton! 8)

I am going to try to hold my tongue other than that. Dont get me wrong, I can handle losing to Dayton.  Dayton is a very good team. But I saw something I have never seen a Neumann team do before tonight, not even in their worst losses in the Neumann era. I have never seen them blatently collectively submit to another team, coaches and all, and quit. Not at all, much less before the first quarter was over.  Not until tonight.  I am sure they had good reason, I had just never witnessed it before. Now I have.

PNG, Lumberton and Dayton, go get em! Represent 22-4A well you are the 3 deserving teams.  

Are you kidding me

I am dead serious as a heart attack. I am in shock. Again no disrespect to Dayton whatsoever, they have a really great team. But collectively it appeared that the Dogs laid down before the first quarter was over. Im not being emotional. I am really serious. Once they got down 14-0, they may have just as well forfeited.

Congrats Dayton. Man, we got it handed to us tonight. Dayton's RB #5 was like tackling a greased pig. He was amazing to watch. The QB was very good, and the defense...whew, what can I say. Like BMTSoulja said, they don't miss their tackles. Everything clicked for Dayton. Everything they did was right.

I'm still a Bulldog fan and will follow them to Lumberton. I don't quit until I'm out.

Well said Baddog, glad to hear their are still some with a little fight left.  I think it would be a HUGE,HUGE,HUGE mistake to jump ship at this point.  I don't care what unfolded tonight, Neumann will have his team ready to play next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder