HJ vs Huffman Seeding Game

whsalum

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

You know the UIL won't do jack to those schools. If punches were thrown, the district at least should step in. 

Your changes of hitting the Texas Lottery is greater then The UIL or that particular school district handing out any suspensions. This incident will get swept under the rug as a misunderstanding  

2 minutes ago, whsalum said:

There has to be something to warrant a decision. In this case I didn’t see it. The only people closer to this so called incident than I was were wearing whistles. 

Are you trying to say that actually being at the game, really close to the action, is more reliable than what someone else “heard”?  

Just now, SportsJunkie32 said:

Your changes of hitting the Texas Lottery is greater then The UIL or that particular school district handing out any suspensions. This incident will get swept under the rug as a misunderstanding  

I’m not sure this will even warrant an investigation. If the battle for possession of the ball didn’t even warrant a whistle then I’m not sure it will warrant the death penalty so many seek. 

This situation seems to be a "in the eyes of the beholder" type thing.

I have talked to folks who were in attendance (some HJ, some Huffman, some neither). Some say punches were thrown, some say they saw no punches thrown.

I watched online. The camera did not pan over far enough to view the incident to make any kind of conclusions as to what really happened.

From my viewpoint, it seemed it wasn't as big a deal as some (mostly folks who weren't even there) are making it out to be.

My guess is that no suspensions will come out of this incident and it has nothing to do with the participating schools.

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

I’m not sure this will even warrant an investigation. If the battle for possession of the ball didn’t even warrant a whistle then I’m not sure it will warrant the death penalty so many seek. 

By all accounts on here from folks who were actually there (and I know and trust ST413), trying to compare this with the brawl at the Bear Cave a few years ago seems more than a stretch.  I’m not sure why some would seem so eager to see some kids’ seasons ended.  I hated it when it happened back then, although I understood it. 

1 hour ago, Hooohead.com said:

I can almost guarantee there will be no consequences for the actions of the athletes due to who both Coaches are friends with on a higher level. This incident will have no and I mean no Consequences. Its interesting at the least tho since these are the 2 Coaches whom voted to not let the kid from Fannet be eligible to play Varsity to his zoned school of attendance after leaving the private sector. Karma is real. 

I don’t think EITHER of these coaches had a vote on a kid transferring for athletic purposes. 

2 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I don’t think EITHER of these coaches had a vote on a kid transferring for athletic purposes. 

Their districts sure did.  Although from what I heard, Hooohead is partly wrong.  Huffman definitely voted against the kid being able to play for the school in the district where he has lived for some time (in one of the most chicken feces votes I’ve ever heard of by a DEC).  My understanding is HJ voted to let the kid play.  

But I’m sure you’re right that the coaches weren’t the ones who were actually voting.  

12 hours ago, Who That said:

I would say that too if it was my team...! But I have already went through this with my team and top players where sitting out for two games and lost a Starter for the rest of the year.! But we still won the State Championship .!😁

To compare what happened last night to what happened at LCM a few years ago is like comparing Melania Trump to Nancy Pelosi. Not even in the same stratosphere. 

16 hours ago, undiscovered said:

First round suspension for a fight following a seeding game to determine who you play in the first round of the playoffs would be pretty ironic. 

16 hours ago, undiscovered said:

First round suspension for a fight following a seeding game to determine who you play in the first round of the playoffs would be pretty ironic. 

One of the top guys at UIL, if not the top guy, is a HJ alumni.  Nothing will happen.

9 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

It's good to have friends, classmates in position of authority that can influence the outcome.  

Yep. Kind of like how HISD takes care of the football schools and the basketball schools that lie in their district. Kind of "look the other way" deal to insure that these teams are successful and rep the school district statewide.

This coming from an HISD admin.

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

To compare what happened last night to what happened at LCM a few years ago is like comparing Melania Trump to Nancy Pelosi. Not even in the same stratosphere. 

No there is no comparison...not even in the level of the initial 2 participants in both situations and i was at both...and the LCM incident was almost in my lap.  But this was more than just a tustle for the ball.....and yes in my eyes there should be some discipline for at least those two involved.  It shouldnt be season ending or anything like that but i dont make those rules or decisions..in my opinion a game suspension would be more than adequate.

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep. Kind of like how HISD takes care of the football schools and the basketball schools that lie in their district. Kind of "look the other way" deal to insure that these teams are successful and rep the school district statewide.

Your statement is probable true, I would prefer to have a person of authority (friend or classmate) that has the power to control the income for the largest inter - school organization in Texas UIL.  At the end of the day, who has the ultimate authority, I'll take UIL for $100 and a trip to San Antonio

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Oh it is absolutely true.  It was a conscious decision to compete with the DFW districts who have been playing fast and loose with the rules for years.  

27 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Your statement is probable true, I would prefer to have a person of authority (friend or classmate) that has the power to control the income for the largest inter - school organization in Texas UIL.  At the end of the day, who has the ultimate authority, I'll take UIL for $100 and a trip to San Antonio

Won’t affect Yates.  Good news is it looks like you guys will have a cake walk to the Final 4.  Bad news is once there, you’re probably at best the 3rd best team there   Depending on the draw, could make it to the title game though.

9 minutes ago, whsalum said:

If there’s not a violation nothing should happen. That’s the crazy thing about rules as long as you don’t break them you usually don’t have an issue 

If the rules are violated but you have friends in position of authority, the incident can get watered down or written as a misunderstanding. My favorite one is

"the incident was discussed between both parties privately and we will handle the incident internally the outcome will not be available to the public"

We will discuss the incident at the UIL Finals Party in San Antonio or at the next class reunion   lol 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Won’t affect Yates.  Good news is it looks like you guys will have a cake walk to the Final 4.  Bad news is once there, you’re probably at best the 3rd best team there   Depending on the draw, could make it to the title game though.

It is possible that Yates will play Silsbee in the Area, HJ in the Quarters, Austin LBJ in the Regionals.  I do like Region 3 plays Region 4 in the Semi-Finals, let Argyle deal with Faith Family in their Semi-Final.  

4 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

It is possible that Yates will play Silsbee in the Area, HJ in the Quarters, Austin LBJ in the Regionals.  I do like Region 3 plays Region 4 in the Semi-Finals, let Argyle deal with Faith Family in their Semi-Final.  

Oh didn’t know they were doing it that way.  So definitely favors Yates.  I would say the best three teams in the classification are FF, Argyle and Carter in no particular order.  If Yates doesn’t have to face any of them until the Finals, sets up a much easier path for the Lions.