Dayton at Nederland Predictions/BIG SCHOOL GAME OF THE WEEK!

Guest TravelingBandsman

No.  Also, he wasn't ejected.  He came back in a couple of plays later.

I didn't think he was ejected either. He got flagged for shoving the other guy but when he walked away, the LC-M player hit him in the helmet and he was tossed. The ref made the signal for Personal Foul against Nederland. Then he made the same signal and pointed toward LC-M and then gave the ejected signal. I figured it was offsetting Personal Fouls with the LC-M player being ejected for the blow to the head.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, I think that our running game is going to be the X factor. Just a hunch. As good as our pass offense is, I think it could be a long night if we come out one dimensional. The Dogs are going to have to keep their defense honest. If we do like we have been and just come out with an all out passing attack I think its going to be tough to win.

The other key is OUR defense. We know there defense is good and the points are going to be hard earned. From what I see Daytons offense is just "ok" and whether or not we can avoid missed tackles and busted plays for 50 yard TD's is going to be the key.

It reminds me of the games we had against WOS where we either killed them or frustratingly lost in a low scoring game where the WOS defense was stiff and we moved the ball but could not cash in. I hate losing those sort of games and that is exactly the game that I suspect Dayton is going to want to play.

Another key is going to be ravenous intensity by the defense. I still say that collectively they are too nice and it takes them 3 quarters to get fired up and focused. They need to come out agressive, focused and with the intentions of being PERFECT. They have the ability and the talent, they just need to stop jacking around and do it.

A little crowd involvement would not hurt either.

Last night the stands were half empty and even quieter than normal. Stephan Huber and a few of his friends on a couple of occasions was BEGGING the crowd to get behind them and make some noise. Everyone but just a very few just sat and looked at him. I was ashamed. Even on a bad night we were a borderline obnoxious crowd 5-6 years ago and it was GREAT. I sure miss those days and I think our kids do too. Well, I dont even think they know what its like to have 5000 barking and screaming Bulldogs behind them yelling to the point of passing out and losing their voice. They have not ever really seen what it used to be like.

Im glad you touched on the crowd involvement Mike.  I am new to the mid-county area and have been living in Nederland for 4 years now by way of Lumberton.  While my roots still Bleed Blue, I have been supporting the Dogs since I have moved here.  I have been to several games each season and by far are the most disapointed with this years fans.  There is almost a feeling like we are waiting for the other shoe to drop so to say.  There does not seem to be any rally behind the team.  Its like the players are out there by themselves and the fans are hoping they do not fail.  Which is what all fans do I guess... but there is a distinction between the two and not a sence of a combined one.  I doubt I am  making any sense but I am from Lumberton and should receive a pass.  As for a prediction Nederland has the talent to be the best team in 22-4A, but they do not always play like it.  I think Nederland shows up and gets this one 20-14.  

All smack talk aside, this is going to be a great game to watch. Should be one of those games where you go back and forth between sheer bliss and suicidal several times in 2 hours.  ;D

I agree....PNG had them back to back.....Nederland, then Lumberton !  It is going to be a great game!  I know there is a lot of talk about Dayton and no doubt they are a good team, well balanced.  However, I still feel like the Bulldogs are gonna take this one.....won't be a big spread in the scores.  Just have that gut feeling.......Go Bulldogs, Go MidCounty !!!

Mike East, I agree that the fans have not been very vocal. The Ozen game was another. I can assure that I am hoarse today.

If you sit up high near the 50, I saw you. There was only one person here and there.

I think getting everyone to "bounce" is going to be very cool if they can ever get everyone on board. Hopefully by the playoffs everyone will catch on and know what they need to do. If they ever do I am afraid we might collapse the bleachers. :o ;D  It would be quite a sight to see from the opposite side. I think everyone is too embarassed to be doing it alone, but again if we can get it started it will be awesome and should get everyone riled up.

I didn't think he was ejected either. He got flagged for shoving the other guy but when he walked away, the LC-M player hit him in the helmet and he was tossed. The ref made the signal for Personal Foul against Nederland. Then he made the same signal and pointed toward LC-M and then gave the ejected signal. I figured it was offsetting Personal Fouls with the LC-M player being ejected for the blow to the head.

I thought after the play I saw Monte tell him to go sit down. He was frustrated and threw his helmet and it bounced down the players bench. For a minute I thought that he was ejected but I dont think he was. There is no question that he did not do anything to warrant an ejection, but the LCM kid threw a punch. I dont have a problem with a NEderland kid getting ejected but that time I really did not see him do anything over the top.

If you sit up high near the 50, I saw you. There was only one person here and there.

I think getting everyone to "bounce" is going to be very cool if they can ever get everyone on board. Hopefully by the playoffs everyone will catch on and know what they need to do. If they ever do I am afraid we might collapse the bleachers. :o ;D  It would be quite a sight to see from the opposite side. I think everyone is too embarassed to be doing it alone, but again if we can get it started it will be awesome and should get everyone riled up.

Exactly what my wife and I discussed. Put it this way....stand in front of a regular bathroom scale and then barely jump up onto it. You could weigh merely 100 lbs. and still peg it out. Can you imagine the force the bleachers would have to withstand if everyone started jumping up and down? Maybe instead of jumping, we could make it look like the wave.

You must sit close to Harry. I'm in section J.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Dayton has been more or less the forgotten team this district. After their loss to Lumberton, all eyes turned to them,and PN-G for still having a district undefeated record. Now, even though Dayton lost to a much improved Lumberton team, I'm never going to count them out of this race. Dayton after that loss got it together and are fighting harder than ever to reclaim that position. Expect the next two games to have the best Dayton team you've seen all year. They are going to put everything they have into the last two. The only thing I hope is in the scenario that they're in playoffs, they still have enough for that.

crucial, this game is posibily a elimination game for either team. Good luck to both :-\

I don't think under any scenario that a Nederland loss eliminates the Dogs.

If the Bulldogs beat Lumberton in the last game they are in.

For Dayton...

If they get tripped up and PN-G wins, Dayton is out.

Week 10 would be meaningless except for the seeding of #2 and #3 since PN-G will be Division I.

My early "mojo" is telling me the team that wins the turnover battles wins this game.

I don't see Nederland scoring at will on the Bronco defense unless they get good field position from turnovers.

This should be a fantastic game.  Worth the price of admission!

Can't wait to see the new score board!

I am not sure about Dayton's playoff streak but I know that Nederlands playoff streak has happened for a reason and at the root of that is coach Neuman. He has always found a way to get Nederland into the playoffs. Nederland will face a very good football team in Dayton this week so who knows. I think that Nederland will be hard to beat at home this late in the season. Good luck to both teams.

Go Indians

this is a tough game for me to call.  the big four this year are dayton, png, lumberton, and nederland.  dayton lost a close one to lumberton, but they're a different team now.  nederland lost to png, but that game can always go either way.  nederland hasn't played lumberton, and dayton hasn't played png, so you can't look at those results to help make a prediction.  i want to say that dayton will pull this out, but this is their first real test since lumberton back at the beginning of district.  it should be an interesting game, and the loser is going to be in a tough spot to make the playoffs.  good luck to both teams.

I am not sure about Dayton's playoff streak but I know that Nederlands playoff streak has happened for a reason and at the root of that is coach Neuman. He has always found a way to get Nederland into the playoffs. Nederland will face a very good football team in Dayton this week so who knows. I think that Nederland will be hard to beat at home this late in the season. Good luck to both teams.

Go Indians

Likewise...our head coach has made all the difference in our program

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476