Dayton at Nederland Predictions/BIG SCHOOL GAME OF THE WEEK!

Guest TravelingBandsman

1 Allstate defensive back? I am sure that he is very good, but he cannot cover everyone by himself. Again the Dogs have numerous receivers out there all the time. Not decoys, Bellows goes to all of them all the time and when Bellows hits his mark they almost never drop.

Dont get me wrong, we from Nederland all know that Dayton is a very good team. I dont think you will see anyone talking trash about winning. We know its going to be a tough game but make no mistake, the Dogs are every bit as capable of winning as Dayton is. Its going to be a fun week.  8)

He can not cover everyone--but he has shut down everyone's number one receiver--Barnes, Dugat and Fontenot will take care of the rest of them--This will be a Defensive battle--despite all the talk of of the mighty offense.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can not cover everyone--but he has shut down everyone's number one receiver--Barnes, Dugat and Fontenot will take care of the rest of them--This will be a Defensive battle--despite all the talk of of the mighty offense.

LOL, there is no talk about any mighty offenses other than to point out that this offense is different than what Dayton has faced in district,, in response to DJ's comment above.  You must have not read my thought on the game above. I totally agree that its going to be about defense for both teams.

Guest Uhhh What?

Looks like this will be a great game.  Having seen both of these teams play this year, I have to go with Dayton.  I see there Defense stepping up with some containment of a very talented Ned. Passing game. 

But this is Southeast Texas Football, and Nederlands long standing run of playoff appearances seems to be on the line here, so they may bring a little something extra to this game.  Gonna be a nail biter for both teams.  Good Luck

True Mike, I'm not necessarily saying that Nederland will light up the scoreboard, although they may, I meant the Nederland passing game will light it up.  I believe this, if Kirby is healthy I think we move the ball effectively.  We will be in position to score points, like I said, I think it will be a good tussel.

Agree, I think this comes down to whether Dayton can slow down the Ned passing attack and whether Nederland can slow down the Dayton running game. 

On another note, doesn't Dayton have the same playoff streak as Nederland??? Both will be on the line next week.

True Mike, I'm not necessarily saying that Nederland will light up the scoreboard, although they may, I meant the Nederland passing game will light it up.  I believe this, if Kirby is healthy I think we move the ball effectively.  We will be in position to score points, like I said, I think it will be a good tussel.

Ya know, I think that our running game is going to be the X factor. Just a hunch. As good as our pass offense is, I think it could be a long night if we come out one dimensional. The Dogs are going to have to keep their defense honest. If we do like we have been and just come out with an all out passing attack I think its going to be tough to win.

The other key is OUR defense. We know there defense is good and the points are going to be hard earned. From what I see Daytons offense is just "ok" and whether or not we can avoid missed tackles and busted plays for 50 yard TD's is going to be the key.

It reminds me of the games we had against WOS where we either killed them or frustratingly lost in a low scoring game where the WOS defense was stiff and we moved the ball but could not cash in. I hate losing those sort of games and that is exactly the game that I suspect Dayton is going to want to play.

Another key is going to be ravenous intensity by the defense. I still say that collectively they are too nice and it takes them 3 quarters to get fired up and focused. They need to come out agressive, focused and with the intentions of being PERFECT. They have the ability and the talent, they just need to stop jacking around and do it.

A little crowd involvement would not hurt either.

Last night the stands were half empty and even quieter than normal. Stephan Huber and a few of his friends on a couple of occasions was BEGGING the crowd to get behind them and make some noise. Everyone but just a very few just sat and looked at him. I was ashamed. Even on a bad night we were a borderline obnoxious crowd 5-6 years ago and it was GREAT. I sure miss those days and I think our kids do too. Well, I dont even think they know what its like to have 5000 barking and screaming Bulldogs behind them yelling to the point of passing out and losing their voice. They have not ever really seen what it used to be like.

Guest maverick24

I am not sure they can win but for one week I willbe a NED DOG fan. If Ned wins and L-Train win it will put both of them a lot closer to being in the (PLAYOFFS) have to say it like that Coach C wants no talk about  (PLAYOFFS) Yet. GOOD LUCK NED.

Broncos by 14.  Their corners play up and are physical at the line of scrimmage.  They will throw those precision routs off that the Bulldogs like to do.  If the Bulldogs have success running the ball, which I doubt they will, Broncos win by 7.

Soulja you don't like the dogs do ya?  ;D

You pick us to lose almost every week.

Nederland just scored 35 points on LC-M, the Bulldogs need to remember one week earlier the Broncos clocked the Bears for 49 points.

Comparing scores means nothing. If you want to do that, then PN-G beats Dayton since Lumberton beat Dayton and then PN-G beat Lumberton. It means nothing.

Nederland put 28 on LC-M in the first half while giving up two turnovers and getting none in return. There were no cheap scores by Nederland.

Turnovers are part of the game but LC-M's defense stopped nothing and Nederland killed the clock with almost 7 minutes left in the game. Don't let the 49 points vs 35 points fool you into anything.  Nederland beat Vidor 28-7 but PN-G only beat Vidor 14-7. Hmmm... I guess Nederland beats PN-G then, right? Like I said, comparing scores is meaningless. Dayton might win the game but you can't tell that because they were able to put 49 on LC-M and Nederland only put 35 on them.

Guest whoabroncos09

dayton 21

nederland 20

i absolutely hate games like that!

i hope if the bulldogs just so happen to beat us...

then they win by more than one point.

it hurts worse to loose just by one.

but i really think that we can win..

we'll see yall in nederland!

Mike East, I agree that the fans have not been very vocal. The Ozen game was another. I can assure that I am hoarse today. If they can't hear me yelling, then they are deaf. I have had people ask me to quieten down before. I think this might have been a game that we thought we were going to win anyway, and lots of the men went to their deer leases.

I thought it was a good idea for the young girl on the Jumbotron during halftime, asking for people to jump up and down to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica when the kids came back out. It got some response, but we need a lot more.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Nederland    27

Dayton   17

Hi P.P.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83