Dayton at Nederland Predictions/BIG SCHOOL GAME OF THE WEEK!

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever they have, will not  be good enough to shutdown the Nederland passing attack.  The story will be can Dayton outscore Nederland, because Nederland will light it up.  They throw the ball better than any team in the area and there are very few teams that can stop a good passing game.  No excuses, PNG beat us, but Kirby was badly dinged up in the second half which impacted the outcome of the game.  When he's healthy, you have to outscore the Dogs... and there defense ain't too bad.  Should be a good tussle.

Whoever they have, will not  be good enough to shutdown the Nederland passing attack.  The story will be can Dayton outscore Nederland, because Nederland will light it up.  They throw the ball better than any team in the area and there are very few teams that can stop a good passing game.  No excuses, PNG beat us, but Kirby was badly dinged up in the second half which impacted the outcome of the game.  When he's healthy, you have to outscore the Dogs... and there defense ain't too bad.  Should be a good tussle.

This will be a tough game. Thankfully we have seen a very good passing offense in Friendswood. Let's hope we learned something. As far as us having any worthy defensive backs? Sounds like it's tough to stop Cardenas and the others, hopefully we can contain them. But, we've got a pretty good secondary.  ;)

No score predictions here, but...........Go Broncos

I agree Penny.  I don't think Dayton will beat Nederland.  It'll be close, but I think Nederland will come away with the win.  Go Bulldogs!!!!

For all intents and purposes the winner of this game secures themself a spot in the playoffs. If Nederland loses it comes down to a Showdown in L-Town.

When I started to type the thought that came to mind, and it's true, "Defense wins Championships".

Dayton has got great D and Nederlands defense is looking like its beginning to peak and truly has some very good players if they can just put it all together. I can't see Nederland "lighting up the scoreboard" against Dayton so I really think this game is going to come down to stingy defense and gritty offense with smart pressure play calling.

Fortunately for Nederland, they absolutely HAVE found their running game. I know what the stats say, make fun if you want, but how many yards we get on the ground will depend on what strategy the coaches take, "who" they play,  and how smartly they adjust to whatever defense Dayton has. Thats all I am gonna say about that.

So nederland's running game came alive, huh?  Dayton's defense are good tacklers.  I didnt' see them miss 1 tackle last night.  impressive! 

I figured that Daytons defense had picked up where it left off last year. I was telling a friend last night at the game that we need to hire Daytons staff as a consultant on how to avoid missing tackles.

As far as the running game, its still not going to show in the stats because the number of attempts are so low. But, its always been there, they just have not used it. They have and I am serious about this, 4 really good backs not counting Bass. Of course everyone know about Gutierrez, but there are 3 others the best of which is,,,, well, you will see when the time comes. ;D

Does a Texas High School Football ALL STATE DB count?--Nobody has successfully thrown on Dayton all year--Ned will be no exception.

1 Allstate defensive back? I am sure that he is very good, but he cannot cover everyone by himself. Again the Dogs have numerous receivers out there all the time. Not decoys, Bellows goes to all of them all the time and when Bellows hits his mark they almost never drop.

Dont get me wrong, we from Nederland all know that Dayton is a very good team. I dont think you will see anyone talking trash about winning. We know its going to be a tough game but make no mistake, the Dogs are every bit as capable of winning as Dayton is. Its going to be a fun week.  8)

What do these numbers represent...

8, 0, 0, 13, 0

The 5 point totals allowed by the Dayton Defense since district started.

No other team in this district is even close to this.

Nederland will be lucky to get two touchdowns in this game.

If Dayton scores three touchdowns it will be tough on Nederland.

Nederland just scored 35 points on LC-M, the Bulldogs need to remember one week earlier the Broncos clocked the Bears for 49 points.

Of course...

This game can all change with turnovers.

If one team has more than three turnovers, that could be the factor.

What do these numbers represent...

8, 0, 0, 13, 0

The 5 point totals allowed by the Dayton Defense since district started.

No other team in this district is even close to this.

Nederland will be lucky to get two touchdowns in this game.

If Dayton scores three touchdowns it will be tough on Nederland.

Nederland just scored 35 points on LC-M, the Bulldogs need to remember one week earlier the Broncos clocked the Bears for 49 points.

Of course...

This game can all change with turnovers.

If one team has more than three turnovers, that could be the factor.

Can't go by that.  Not at all.  Yall rung up all those points on LC-M and we beat LC-M by a TD. 17-10.  We held yall to 13 points for dang near that whole game.  That long TD run and a 2 FG's.  SETX football, anything can happen on any given friday.

Purple,

Not that it matters but you have to understand Coach Neumann. He will not ever run up the score on anyone. He will not even run up the score on dangerous teams,,,, i.e. Bmt Central. We score 28 easily in the first half and 7 in the 2nd last night. We scored 38 in the first half against Central and 0 in the second. Not that it matters.

No team come close to Daytons points allowed... Well no other team comes close to firepower of Nederlands passing game either.

We just need to wait on next week and let it unfold. We cannot will a win or a loss here so there no need talking about what we our teams are going to "do" to one another.

This is going to be one of the most interesting matchups of the year. Anything can happen and there is no favorite.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FGFRE
    Newest Member
    FGFRE