The Playoff Race in 22-4A As of Now

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DI & DII classifications are determined by the school enrollment numbers submitted to the UIL in the fall of 2005.  The school with the largest enrollment goes in the DI bracket while the other two go DII, reguardless of where they finished in district play.  The highest seeded DII team will face the lowest seeded DII team in the first round.  

Enrollment numbers (for the teams in question) for 2006-2007 are as follows:

PNG . . . 1475

NED . . . 1471

DAY . . . 1439.5

LUM . . . 1011

Guest band of brothers

i'm gonna say nederland and lumberton will battle for the third spot. i really don't see dayton losing from here on. pn-g will be the toughest game,if dayton can't pick up the blitz. pn-g is sitting pretty right now because they are undefeated in district. nederland have the biggest chance at being put away. dayton will be tough. lumberton can/will sneak on nederland.

oh well.can't wait till the second rd of the playoffs to see who my coogs will face!!!

sorry ned, just can't see you guys beating dayton or lumberton, maybe next year!

No, no, please don't take that comment wrong, I really just didn't know. I appreciate you guys helping me out. Has PNG already clinched a playoff berth?

PNG could lose their next two games, against Central and Dayton, hope not, but that would give them two loses. We're all know more Saturday morning.

The way i see right now we hold the tie breaker over Ned and  Lumberton. These two have not yet played each other, so one of them will suffer another loss. We have to beat Central and after we do that then we will be in the drivers seat. At the same time Ned also has to play Dayton this week, so essentially it is do or die for both teams this week and next week. I am looking forward to facing Central this  week and making up for the bad game we played last week against Vidor.  hopefully we wont have the same refs.  But like they said it will all be alot clearer after this friday night. I am not going to be like New indian and want to burn ya houses down. That is just plain Rediculous, but anyway hope my NDNs keep bringing the wood.

We can win the District 18-4A title with a win over Willis Friday night. Just about all of our games have been close, just like the Nederland game. It looks like if we can clinch a spot this Friday, we will be the D1 representative this year.

Hey if for some reason we (Ned) miss the playoffs, does beating the District Champs in 18-4A get you anywhere?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder