The Playoff Race in 22-4A As of Now

Guest TravelingBandsman

I'll be at Friday night's game between Lumberton and PNG taking pictures for The Silsbee Bee.

If anyone out there wants me to shoot photos of a specific player -- from either team -- please just email me and let me know and I'll concentrate on getting that player in action.

You can check out my photo web site to see the kind of pictures I'm talking about ... www.gld-designs.smugmug.com

Thanks guys and good luck!

Gerry

My email is [email protected]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beards_bro

That Jr. High offense of Dayton's scored 30 - 40+ points their next two games...not too out of sync..I don't think..I ihink L-Towns D made Dayton look out of sync. AJ didn't have time to throw the ball down field very often as the front seven was all over him during that game..constant pressure from what I'd seen.

Guest beards_bro

I say it ends in a two way tie for first. Dayton (6-1) Port Neches-Groves (6-1)

It's going to be very hard for Dayton to end up in first place because Lumberton is not going to lose a game from here on out. PNG won't finish first either as they will be losing come Fri. nite. They will both have to fight over second. I know some of the Dayton fans are picking & hoping Lumberton to not finish in the top two because I think they are still bitter about the loss to L-tOWN. They may not say it...but it's obvious.  But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...right.

It's going to be very hard for Dayton to end up in first place because Lumberton is not going to lose a game from here on out. PNG won't finish first either as they will be losing come Fri. nite. They will both have to fight over second. I know some of the Dayton fans are picking & hoping Lumberton to not finish in the top two because I think they are still bitter about the loss to L-tOWN. They may not say it...but it's obvious.  But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...right.

I don't know about bitter but we aren't very happy about it. I wish we could have applied some of the points from last years game to this year.

That Jr. High offense of Dayton's scored 30 - 40+ points their next two games...not too out of sync..I don't think..I ihink L-Towns D made Dayton look out of sync. AJ didn't have time to throw the ball down field very often as the front seven was all over him during that game..constant pressure from what I'd seen.

You do know we've had a QB change since then right? AJ is much more volatile as a receiver. Friendswood had way more size than you guys, but did not have the overall team speed. Plus, you guys had a great game plan to stop AJ, which was mostly all you did. When the ball was thrown to the receivers, they usually got 5-8 yds a catch, if not more.

You made the offense look out of sync to some degree. But, the fact that the offense was not being run properly also contributed to that. When the offense is being run properly, the qb isn't running as much and has gotten the ball away quickly. Your front seven did a fantastic job containing a running qb, they are very fast...but the receivers were open and just not thrown to on many occasions. Our offense is based on quick passes, which there was time for regardless of the pressure. We'll never know how it would have panned out if greg was qb.

Might very well be...

Friendswood only had 2 quarters of film with AJ at QB.

Lumberton had a whole game of scouting and they had a great defensive game plan.

Lumberton's defensive front seven is without a doubt the best front seven Dayton has played.  They bottled up AJ and contained him.  Putting AJ at reciever means that you must sacrifice an additional d back to double him, that frees up another receiver.  Greg is probably not as good an all around athlete as AJ, but he is a much better QB.

Looking at the games from my videos, Dayton is playing much better now that AJ is out at receiver.

As far as WOS, they could very well take 22-4A.

Will be interesting seeing how the Lumberton PN-G games turns out.

Every week it seems like Lumberton just plays better and better.

So does PNG and their passing game improves every week, and to the comment directed towards me earlier no, no arsonist just when i played i played with alot of violence of action (ooohh felt so good when you stuck someone hard)

and i like that violence of action in this years team

and again were coming to burn down your house and listen to the lamenting of your women as we pillage and sack your village

Guest beards_bro

You do know we've had a QB change since then right? AJ is much more volatile as a receiver. Friendswood had way more size than you guys, but did not have the overall team speed. Plus, you guys had a great game plan to stop AJ, which was mostly all you did. When the ball was thrown to the receivers, they usually got 5-8 yds a catch, if not more.

You made the offense look out of sync to some degree. But, the fact that the offense was not being run properly also contributed to that. When the offense is being run properly, the qb isn't running as much and has gotten the ball away quickly. Your front seven did a fantastic job containing a running qb, they are very fast...but the receivers were open and just not thrown to on many occasions. Our offense is based on quick passes, which there was time for regardless of the pressure. We'll never know how it would have panned out if greg was qb.

I do know that Dayton has had a QB change, his name is Greg Charles or something like that. I'm sure AJ is a good receiver. As far as comparing us to Friendswood, you shouldn't count on that, as teams match up differently against each other. What does Friendswood having more size than Lumberton have to do with anything? We did have a great game plan to stop not just AJ, but the entire Dayton offense. Lumberton's coaches scout and have great game plans against every opponent every week, that is good coaching. The coaches prepare the boys for the entire team as football is obviously a team sport, not just on one guy. He is a good athlete, but not superman. While stopping AJ was a key part of the game, it is definitely not all we did. We stopped the running game almost completely. Dayton did have several quick screen passes to their receivers which hurt us a little due to the speed of their receivers, but not too bad. When he didn't throw the quick screen passes he was getting pressured and knocked down. Our defense would occasionally bend but not break. You're right we'll never know how it would have turned out if had the other guy as QB.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Somehow, as good a team as Lumberton seems to be this year, I still think Port Neches-Groves and Nederland are better than they are. I believe Nederland will finish 5-2 with only the loss to PN-G and a Dayton loss, and PN-G will only have a Dayton loss, but Lumberton will also only have a 5-2 season, only losing to Nederland and PN-G but not beating out Nederland. This is my opinion from my own look at statistical analysis.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Dead:

- Vidor

- Little Cypress-Mauriceville

- Beaumont Ozen

On The Edge:

- Beaumont Central

Alive:

- Nederland

- Lumberton

- Dayton

- Port Neches-Groves

Guest TravelingBandsman

From what I hear from 21-4A. Hypothetically, if Dayton makes the playoffs as DII-W then we might be playing North Forest Smiley in Bi-District.

Guest TravelingBandsman

If I had one loss already and still had Ned/PNG on the schedule... I'd have a little shorter view out the window.

I don't know what makes you think Dayton is a crappy team this year. Lumberton got a lot better so you can't use the Lumberton loss as an excuse. I actually think now in midseason that our Dayton team is better than last year.

Guest whoabroncos09

I don't know what makes you think Dayton is a crappy team this year. Lumberton got a lot better so you can't use the Lumberton loss as an excuse. I actually think now in midseason that our Dayton team is better than last year.

i wouldnt say that now....

Who said Dayton was crappy?  Just think it's going to be a tough road for Dayton/Ned/Lumberton from this point.  If I were from any of these schools I wouldn't be talking about who potential playoff pairings would be.  But hey, that's just me, I shouldn't be spoiling your discussion.  Who would you potentially be playing in the state semi's?

Dead:

- Vidor

- Little Cypress-Mauriceville

- Beaumont Ozen

On The Edge:

- Beaumont Central

- Dayton

Alive:

- Nederland

- Port Neches-Groves

- Lumberton

How can Dayton, Nederland, and Lumberton all have the same district record, but only Dayton is on the edge?  

Guest TravelingBandsman

Who said Dayton was crappy?  Just think it's going to be a tough road for Dayton/Ned/Lumberton from this point.  If I were from any of these schools I wouldn't be talking about who potential playoff pairings would be.  But hey, that's just me, I shouldn't be spoiling your discussion.  Who would you potentially be playing in the state semi's?

I said if Dayton made the playoffs HYPOTHETICALLY at DII-W

Guest TravelingBandsman

How can Dayton, Nederland, and Lumberton all have the same district record, but only Dayton is on the edge?  

Not anymore, look at the new one on the last page.

Band Boy:

Stick to something that you may know a little more about, like tubas, marching bands, and halftime shows. 

Dayton is good, but they probably have the toughest schedule of any of the one-loss teams.  At Nederland and against Port Neches is a pretty tall order for anyone. 

I've got to go with PN-G, Nederland, and Lumberton. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder