The Playoff Race in 22-4A As of Now

Guest TravelingBandsman

No question it will be a great game--as I said earlier the District title will be decided by that game--I would love to 12-15,000 fans at Bronco Stadium

Dayton has a new stadium right? I have never seen it. I went to Crosby last year and thought it was nice. How does Dayton's compare? TexasBob has it listed at 8500 capacity. How many does the visitor side hold? Another question...how far is Pappacitos from there?  ;D

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about 20 miles to the west on 1960--decent Tex-Mex at Los Compadres in Dayton but will be full  of Bronco fans--win or lose also good Mexican food at Mas Amigos on 146 in Liberty or in Barbers Hill--Iguana Joes is very good

Is that the one in humble? How close is the one on I-10 past Baytown?

akifan94- Surely you aren't implying that a full paid scholarship to ANY university is a slap in the face?  McNeese is a fine university with a winning tradition!  I'd be proud for my child to attend/play for The Cowboys!

of course not....I listed his bio from rivals. I was stating the size difference. I think it is great he is playing college ball.

akifan never makes any sence! All he trys to do is down other people and their schools.

You need to stick to worrying about Lumberton. I NEVER downed your school. The only people I downed were the ones bragging about an 8th ranked state defense after playing the weakest 4A non-district schedule in all of region 3. Give it a rest. And it is sense.

You are just a that know nothing about Football!

That is funny stuff.....let's see how much you and your bretheren know....

"We have nothing to worry about against PN-G, We win 35-7"   wrong

"Hemmings will not go over 100 yards"    wrong

"We will have 360 yards of offense to their 180"   wrong

" PN-G does not understand what this team is about, no way ya'll win"   wrong

"The L-Train blah blah blah"   wrong

"Hussey will run all over them" 65 yards later.....wrong

Also, it is "an" idiot. Did you make it past 3rd grade English?

Why are you still talking trash to PN-G fans? Move on, nothing will help change what happened last Friday night. You need to worry about Ozen, LC-M, and Nederland.

Guest whoabroncos09

can we get back on topic..

ford smesny is one of our best defensive players.

and it dont matter that he cant catch...

he has the most tackles for the broncos....

he is a great player..

Sorry--I did not know you were a physics major---you also have to figure in how strong your opponent is--Smesny is very strong--angle of attack and forward speed and many other factors--but if the legs are the best option then I am sure that is what he will do--there is a reason Smesny leads the team in tackles--He is good at it.

Sometimes you say something on here and you wish you would have said it differently.  My statement about the Bronco D-backs and Ford Smesny was not meant to be derrogatory but to state a fact that Jacob Hemmings is a load at full steam and you better be his size or bigger to go head up.  Even D-backs in the NFL know better than to go head up on the larger RB's in the league.  Their were more than 1 D-back that wished he'd never gone head up with the Tyler Rose, heck most of the LB;s new better than to do that in the open field.  Hemmings and Smesny are probably both 1st team All D, but put Hemmings going full steam 10-15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage on a smaller D-back who try's to tackle him high and my money on Hemmings, no doubt about it.

Sometimes you say something on here and you wish you would have said it differently.  My statement about the Bronco D-backs and Ford Smesny was not meant to be derrogatory but to state a fact that Jacob Hemmings is a load at full steam and you better be his size or bigger to go head up.  Even D-backs in the NFL know better than to go head up on the larger RB's in the league.  Their were more than 1 D-back that wished he'd never gone head up with the Tyler Rose, heck most of the LB;s new better than to do that in the open field.  Hemmings and Smesny are probably both 1st team All D, but put Hemmings going full steam 10-15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage on a smaller D-back who try's to tackle him high and my money on Hemmings, no doubt about it.

And Smesny with a full head of steam on a safety blitz with a slower Hemmings in the backfield is money in the bank for Dayton

And Smesny with a full head of steam on a safety blitz with a slower Hemmings in the backfield is money in the bank for Dayton

Yada Yada Yada ... who cares. The game is two weeks away. Smesny is a good DB and Hemmings is a good back. They will both have their chances to show what they can do in two weeks.

Alive:

- Port Neches-Groves

- Lumberton

- Dayton

- Nederland

On the last day of district all four teams will be facing one of the others. Nederland plays at Lumberton and PN-G plays at Dayton. It will likely come down to that day according to which teams win and maybe by how many points.

i'm gonna say nederland and lumberton will battle for the third spot. i really don't see dayton losing from here on. pn-g will be the toughest game,if dayton can't pick up the blitz. pn-g is sitting pretty right now because they are undefeated in district. nederland have the biggest chance at being put away. dayton will be tough. lumberton can/will sneak on nederland.

oh well.can't wait till the second rd of the playoffs to see who my coogs will face!!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

Dayton has it's chance this week. If they beat Nederland, they are in. If they lose, then it's the first time in 11 years that Dayton is not in the playoffs. I know for a fact Coach Stewart is going to let his team know this and get them in the most hyped up mood for this game. This will be the do all end all for the '07 Dayton team. Win here, and there's hope for the future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder