The Playoff Race in 22-4A As of Now

Guest TravelingBandsman

Guest TravelingBandsman

Band Boy:

Stick to something that you may know a little more about, like tubas, marching bands, and halftime shows. 

Dayton is good, but they probably have the toughest schedule of any of the one-loss teams.  At Nederland and against Port Neches is a pretty tall order for anyone. 

I've got to go with PN-G, Nederland, and Lumberton. 

You know nothing about me so don't be so ignorant, and if your name says anything about your character then I'm sorry for you.

Also, yes it is a tall schedule, and I believe they will be good games, but I do very well believe Dayton will come on top. That is my personal opinion.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelingBandsman

Thank you very much for your concern and astute analysis.   

Dayton still isn't making the playoffs.  Good luck Broncos. 

We'll see, but DO NOT underestimate us. To come into a Dayton looking for an easy win is as sane as eating needles.

Guest whoabroncos09

Band Boy:

Stick to something that you may know a little more about, like tubas, marching bands, and halftime shows. 

Dayton is good, but they probably have the toughest schedule of any of the one-loss teams.  At Nederland and against Port Neches is a pretty tall order for anyone. 

I've got to go with PN-G, Nederland, and Lumberton. 

dont be hatin on dayton now...

we are a veryyyy good team.

just because the rest of our games SHOULD be tough dont mean anything.

Guest whoabroncos09

Greg doesn't suck

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

who said greg sucks?????

greg is one of my good friends.

i dont wanna hear nobody talkin about him.

unless it is good!

i love greg!

and he DOES NOT SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate sayin this but when cody was our quarterback...

we didnt win.

once aj took over in the middle of the game we won.

but then aj started gettin hesitant.

we had to put greg as quarterback.

and we havent lost a game since then.

and you wanna say greg sucks???

think again.

Guest TravelingBandsman

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

who said greg sucks?????

unless it is good!

i love greg!

we didnt win.

think again.

No, slacker made the comment that with Cody, we would be rolling through the district which implies without Cody, we wouldn't be doing very well, so I made the comment that Greg doesn't suck, saying that Greg is a good player, and could be just as good an asset as Cody.

Guest whoabroncos09

No, slacker made the comment that with Cody, we would be rolling through the district which implies without Cody, we wouldn't be doing very well, so I made the comment that Greg doesn't suck, saying that Greg is a good player, and could be just as good an asset as Cody.

ohhh okay.

but have you noticed that..

what i said about when cody got hurt...and aj and greg became quarterback???

Just in case the issue comes up later, let me be very clear on this: I am in no way saying that Dayton's new QB sucks.  Not at all.

The bottom line is you don't lose a possible D1 player, especially a quarterback, and not have some type of drop off in production.  With that said, Dayton is still going to be a very tough out for anyone.  

For the record, I hope Dayton knocks off PN-G.  

No one is going to beat PN-G easily at this point.  They are playing with a lot of confidence and rolling right now.  They should just keep getting better, but they still have a couple of tough games left.  That does not include Vidor.  PN-G should beat them by four or five touchdowns at this point.  The only time that any Indian fans will be on the edge of their seats next Friday is for the fireworks.  Vidor's homecoming show is outstanding. 

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

whoa.

who said greg sucks?????

unless it is good!

i love greg!

we didnt win.

think again.

Cody is the real deal. He was making some over throws .... with a wet ball both games and the receivers dropped 6 or 7 in each of those rainy games. don't put those losses just on Cody

PLAYOFF CHANCES.....

PN-G - outstanding (can even lose one game and still get to the show)

Lumberton - great (it is looking like their last game against Nederland will be for all the marbles.  Win their last three and the Raiders go to the play offs for the first time EVER)

Dayton - good (Dayton is playing ball better than any team in the district.  The Broncos are destroying the competition.  Their last three victories have all been over a five touchdown difference.  If Dayton runs the table and wins out, they will probably repeat as district champions)

Nederland - good (two bigs games for the Bulldogs, home against the Broncos and then they travel north of Pine Island Bayou to take on the Raiders.  The Bulldogs can survive a defeat by the Broncos if they can take out Lumberton in the last week)

Central - low (The Jaguars barely squeeked by the Pirates.  After their trip to Dayton this Friday their play off chances will be terminated.  Even if they pull of an upset they still have PN-G left.  The Jaguars are not playing good enough to win both those games.  Last years runner ups will be playing basketball and lifting weights in three more Saturdays.)

Ozen, LC-M, and Vidor - zero - their playoff chances are gone, but that doesn't mean they can impact the playoff race.  A win by one of these teams over the top four will be HUGE!  Can Ozen take out Lumberton this week, or can the Pirates win homecoming over the Indians?

Does anybody know what the tie breaker is for 22-4A?  There could be either 2-3 teams 6-1 or 5-2 and i was wondering how they decide if each team is 1-1 against the teams they are tied with. 

This is just one of many scenarios that could take place.  Hopefully we win out so it doesn't come to this.

For example, if PNG runs the table and Nederland loses to Dayton but beats Lumberton then you have PNG 7-0 and Lumberton, Nederland and Dayton all 5-2.  Lum would have a win against Dayton and loss to ned.  Dayton would have a win against Ned but loss to Lumberton and Ned win against Lum but loss to dayton. 

How do they decide who goes? 

I am not sure of the exact formula, but I think it comes down to point differential between common opponents, with a cap of 18 pts.  In other words, it is better to win convincingly in district games (as opposed to winning by a small margin), but running up the score unnecessarily will not help you. 

Does anybody know what the tie breaker is for 22-4A?  There could be either 2-3 teams 6-1 or 5-2 and i was wondering how they decide if each team is 1-1 against the teams they are tied with. 

This is just one of many scenarios that could take place.  Hopefully we win out so it doesn't come to this.

For example, if PNG runs the table and Nederland loses to Dayton but beats Lumberton then you have PNG 7-0 and Lumberton, Nederland and Dayton all 5-2.  Lum would have a win against Dayton and loss to ned.  Dayton would have a win against Ned but loss to Lumberton and Ned win against Lum but loss to dayton. 

How do they decide who goes? 

It goes down to the point differences in the shared three games....

Currently

Dayton is -1 with a loss to Lumberton

Lumbertons is +1 with a win over Dayton

Nederland hasn't played either.

You can only get credit for only 16 points in a blow out...

So....

Lets say...

Dayton beats Nederland 28 - 21 (Dayton +7, Nederland -7)

Nederland beats Lumberton 24 - 21 (Nederland +3, Lumberton -3)

The sum of the point differences would be....

Dayton -1 +7 = +6

Lumberton +1 -3 = -2

Nederland -7 +3 = -4

Dayton would get 2nd and Lumberton would get third.

With Lumberton's 1 point victory over Dayton, Lumberton better hope Dayton doesn't beat PN-G and Nederland by over a TD or it won't bod well in the tie breaker.

Listening to the PN-G Lumberton game on the way home, I was surprised PN-G didn't try to get a TD at the end.  You never know if it comes down to a three way tie and the points are the determining factor.  It was a class act to kill the clock by their endzone, but the extra 7 points are huge in a tie breaker.

It could also come down to a three way tie for first....

PN-G, Lumberton, and Dayton could all be 6 and 1.

In that case....

PN-G 31 Lumberton 24 (PN-G +7, Lumberton -7)

Lumberton 8 Dayton 7 (Lumberton +1, Dayton -1)

Lumberton has a point standing of -6

Lets say the PN-G Dayton score ends up being 21 - 14 with a Bronco Win.

The points would be....

Dayton -1 +7 = +6

PN-G +7 -7 = 0

Lumberton +1 -7 = -6

Dayton is district champs, PN-G is runner up and Lumberton would be third.

ps....

Dayton has won their last three games with their 2nd string QB by at least 5 touchdowns.

MAN this is getting to interesting!!

Although PNG is undefeated we still have a tough bronco team who would like steal the DC from us..

Nederland who u can NEVER count out... Nederland will prob beat either Dayton or Lumberton.. count on it

Lumberton who gave PNG there toughest win of the season

and like Purple said Dayton is playing better ball than anyone... As a PNG fan i am worried about this game

Also, head-to-head is the first tie breaker. It may be possible for three teams to be tied for a position but one team may have beat both other teams. If that is the case, the team that beat both others is the winner or 1st place. The next two teams will then be considered head-to-head. In such a case, a point spread is not needed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder