Vidor at Beaumont Central Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

If we dont change ALOT of things then it will be the same results.

Makes you want to go watch a Good football game like PNG/Lumberton.

Just gets frustrating watching this team do the same thing every week and getting the same results.especially driving almost 2 hours to watch it..I should have known better!

Stay home next time or at least get good driving directions because it only took me 1 hour 10 minutes.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay home next time or at least get good driving directions because it only took me 1 hour 10 minutes.

I know exacly where he's coming from.  I've been looking at some mess that has been going on all season.  But just think about the kids.  They need ALL fans to stand behind them.  It means a lot to them.  Trust me.

If we dont change ALOT of things then it will be the same results.

Makes you want to go watch a Good football game like PNG/Lumberton.

Just gets frustrating watching this team do the same thing every week and getting the same results.especially driving almost 2 hours to watch it..I should have known better!

Then just put yourself on a purple shirt, or maybe a blue and red one and go watch another game.  Nobody makes you go to a Vidor football game. 

I was at the Beaumont Fair last night and I was sitting on the steps behind 4 Vidor Varsity Football players and they were talking about this message board and how much they hate what you people write on here.  They hate the fact that you all blame the coaches and bad mouth them.  It's kind of like when a married couple is splitting up and they bad mouth each other to their kids.  In a kids mind, when you bad mouth a parent, you are indirectly cutting down that child.  SAME THING WITH FOOTBALL PLAYERS....when you bad mouth their coach, you are indirectly putting the badmouth on those kids...at least that's how they perceive it.  Those boys love those coaches and will defend them to the end.  If you don't believe me, just ask one of them.

Guest maverick24

Central by 20 I think they are better than people give them credit for.  Its Funny when Lumberton beats a team every one says that team is not very good. They said it about Dayton and look at them now I wouldnt poke a sleeping dog or (JAG) Good Luck to both teams.

Central by 20 I think they are better than people give them credit for.  Its Funny when Lumberton beats a team every one says that team is not very good. They said it about Dayton and look at them now I wouldnt poke a sleeping dog or (JAG) Good Luck to both teams.

most people expected central to be a really good team this year.  they've been beaten (pretty convincingly) by really good teams two weeks in a row now.  people are not going to keep talking about them like they're really good. it doesn't matter that the second loss was to lumberton... had it been to png or dayton, people would still be talking about them the same way.

Some major changes need to be made with this team...  Its like you won't see good football when you go see my Jags...  The games they have won have been on pure talent, and Ned, Brook, Lumberton out coached that quickly (Lumberton I am not questioning your talent, I don't have to say that to Brook and NED they don't feel so threatened).  The Jags are running a zone read with a no run threat QB...  It doesnt work well like that.  On 3rd and 4th and 1 we were in the shotgn instead of under center.  We had our backs to the endzone and were in the shotgun.  We are not running this offense effectively because we don't have the right personnel to run it and we dont adjust.  Do we have no other offensive formations?  Not to mention our young horses up front quit before the wistle and we have too many three and outs...  This was really evident when I saw how small Lumbertons front line was but they blocked well and had great effort, never stopping b4 the wistle!  The offense is not working.  The defense plays well but they stay on the field far too much!  Every week I say they will adjust and create a working game plan and that doesn't happen.  Right now I think we will still win some games, but the playoffs are out of our reach!  It stilll baffles me that the coaches don't make adjustments...  Isn't that part of their job?  To recognize whats going on out on the field, then put the kids in a position to be effective?  We ran the bunch formation 7 times against Lumberton with one reciever on the opposite side in one-on-one coverage with no safety help and didn't even try to go his way with a quick strike!  Lumberton DE's were in containment the whole night... They played for the outside run and we ran straight at it, instead of pulling a guard for a kick block and running a trap.  Until we fix the offense, I can't pick a win for this club...  So for the Vidor game I say 12-12 anybody wins!

I'm off my soap box!!!

trink22.gif

Short Texas,you are dead on it,Fobbs has no speed,no arm,so he is no threat in the spread.Keep hearing how peanut is so much better,the two passes he threw friday I was impressed,speed with that arm,uuh ooh.The only thing wrong with the jags is the same thing thats been wrong for all these years,Talent Gone To Waste! We have speed every year,we have talent every year,Mr hooks(WOS)takes less people than we have every year and  is always a contender Winning comes with every thing you do all the way down to the little things,I still believe in my jags.its time for them to believe in themselves.Go Jags 

I was at the Beaumont Fair last night and I was sitting on the steps behind 4 Vidor Varsity Football players and they were talking about this message board and how much they hate what you people write on here.  They hate the fact that you all blame the coaches and bad mouth them.  It's kind of like when a married couple is splitting up and they bad mouth each other to their kids.  In a kids mind, when you bad mouth a parent, you are indirectly cutting down that child.  SAME THING WITH FOOTBALL PLAYERS....when you bad mouth their coach, you are indirectly putting the badmouth on those kids...at least that's how they perceive it.  Those boys love those coaches and will defend them to the end.  If you don't believe me, just ask one of them.

I have to agree with those Pirate players.  I have been shocked at how acceptable it's become to tear down a coach's program with the words on this message board.  Surely this isn't what this board was created for.  Surely the intentions of the creator/moderator was not to allow people to publicly criticize and personally attack coaches. 

Do you all REALLY think these coaches sit around all week thinking of the various ways they can go out there on Friday nights and blow it big time?  Regardless of where you rate a coach (which I have yet to understand where some of you find yourselves qualified to throw stones and judge the job performance of another man), these guys really do care.  And, do you think they are so thick skinned and insensitive that your inconsiderate comments roll right off their backs?  Surely you understand that most of these coaches are caring and passionate individuals or they wouldn't be working with children. 

Is it fair for you to make often-times false and misleading comments for their bosses, players, fans and even families to read?  How would you feel (even the moderator of this message board) if there was a board created which allowed the public to do the same to you.  You'd have the privilege of logging on daily to find out what others think of your character and your job performance.  I know I mess up.  I would hate to have to also read about it in a public forum like these guys do. 

I suppose in a perfect world, our community would be supporting one another.  We have enough enemies.  I am not sure why anyone feels the need to create new ones. 

Thanks for listening,

A coach's wife

How about everyone get off the kids and the coaches, and get on the school board members. They are the ones that set the budgets and salaries alotted for athletics. As far as talent goes, I don't buy into the fact that all kids from other cities are just born bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than Vidor kids. No, I actually believe a lot of this is developed through their programs, which Vidor must not have or should I say, it is not as successful as others, due to the lack of priority placed on it by the school board. Good Luck Pirates!!

I have to agree with those Pirate players.  I have been shocked at how acceptable it's become to tear down a coach's program with the words on this message board.  Surely this isn't what this board was created for.  Surely the intentions of the creator/moderator was not to allow people to publicly criticize and personally attack coaches. 

Do you all REALLY think these coaches sit around all week thinking of the various ways they can go out there on Friday nights and blow it big time?  Regardless of where you rate a coach (which I have yet to understand where some of you find yourselves qualified to throw stones and judge the job performance of another man), these guys really do care.  And, do you think they are so thick skinned and insensitive that your inconsiderate comments roll right off their backs?  Surely you understand that most of these coaches are caring and passionate individuals or they wouldn't be working with children. 

Is it fair for you to make often-times false and misleading comments for their bosses, players, fans and even families to read?  How would you feel (even the moderator of this message board) if there was a board created which allowed the public to do the same to you.  You'd have the privilege of logging on daily to find out what others think of your character and your job performance.  I know I mess up.  I would hate to have to also read about it in a public forum like these guys do. 

I suppose in a perfect world, our community would be supporting one another.  We have enough enemies.  I am not sure why anyone feels the need to create new ones. 

Thanks for listening,

A coach's wife

Please!! they are grown!!! The kids need to get over it too!

Maybe I said that wrong...  The coaches have good intentions but if it doesn't work guess what, It doesn't work.  As a part of living we will be criticized all of our life.  I will either build us or tare us down.  It happens on all jobs and all through school.  Why are the coaches off limits to critics.  Man, it is an opinionative world....  Only the weak let critics beat them down.  The strong learn from it and build on it....

Maybe I said that wrong...  The coaches have good intentions but if it doesn't work guess what, It doesn't work.  As a part of living we will be criticized all of our life.  I will either build us or tare us down.  It happens on all jobs and all through school.  Why are the coaches off limits to critics.  Man, it is an opinionative world....  Only the weak let critics beat them down.  The strong learn from it and build on it....

Very true. Success gets you praise and failure gets you critisized thats the way the world goes round.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0