Lumberton @ The REZ the battle for first/SETXsports Game Of The Week

I have been following PNG football since the 99 State Runner-up Championship year.  This years team is exactly what they are "A Team".  They had their downs at the beginning of the season, but they learned from the loses and look at us now. (4-0)  The game Friday night will be exciting.  Lumberton must have a really good team this year in order to pull off 6 straight victories in convincing fashion.  Everyone and I mean EVERYONE thought BigNed was going to beat PNG this last Friday, but look what happened.  An undefeated team falling to the hands of the Mighty Indians.  So guess what my prediction is this week, you guesed it, another undefeated going down.  My Indians will take this one 28-14.  To much Disipline defense for Lumberton's running game to handle. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be at Friday night's game between Lumberton and PNG taking pictures for The Silsbee Bee.

If anyone out there wants me to shoot photos of a specific player -- from either team -- please just email me and let me know and I'll concentrate on getting that player in action.

You can check out my photo web site to see the kind of pictures I'm talking about ... www.gld-designs.smugmug.com

Thanks guys and good luck!

Gerry

My email is [email protected]

This will be another epic battle in this district.  Lumberton has a great chance of winning this one at PNG's rez.  PNG showed me alot in their victory over Nederland.  For Lumberton to win they have to contain PNG's running game, and PNG has to contain Lumbertons.  PNG needs alot of meat on their O line because of Lumbertons D line.  Same for Lumberton.  Comes down to special teams and mistakes.  My prediction.  PNG by 3 in a low scoring game. (home field advantage)

Guest BIG HOUSE

Indian28

What you think that PNG's backs are faster than Thomas & Hall........please give us a break........the PNG backs don't even come close to these two guys..........But PNG should have better blocking....If we tackle Hemmings low,we'll WIN....

Ozen scored 19 on PNG, nuff said, Lumberton wins this game

Seven points was on a defensive TD.  The most points PNG has given in a single District game was against Nederland 16 and that was in a BIG TIME GAME.  You L-Town people will face reality this Friday night.  The dream season of winning District will end.  I will and can say that Lumberton will make the playoffs this year for the first time in school history.  Congrats when it happens.

Guest maverick24

After the shock of being beat by the L-Train with  the #1 D in district wears off Then Dayton will give yall another Beatdown. Yall have a good team its just a 3rd place team is all.

After the shock of being beat by the L-Train with  the #1 D in district wears off Then Dayton will give yall another Beatdown. Yall have a good team its just a 3rd place team is all.

really?  i would be surprised if png didn't at least split those two games, and coming off a HUGE win against the bulldogs, i wouldn't be surprised if they won them both.

Guest maverick24

really?  i would be surprised if png didn't at least split those two games, and coming off a HUGE win against the bulldogs, i wouldn't be surprised if they won them both.

Tell the TRUTH havent we suprised you every week. And trust me Dayton will not be easy either. Good luck to both sides.

Tell the TRUTH havent we suprised you every week. And trust me Dayton will not be easy either. Good luck to both sides.

I've been more than impressed with ya'll this year, and surprised a few times too.  That has nothing to do with the fact that i just don't see PNG losing to both ya'll and dayton. 

Raiders 31-10.    :o

We can't continue to turn the ball over and make stupid penalties.  We've been putting points on the board but have yet to play a complete game offensively.  This week it will be tough again against a good indian defense. 

Our defense and special teams will win the field position battle for us and we pull away after a close first half.

"TURN IT LOSE"   

I watched a few video clips from a few of PNGs previous games and nothing against those teams I watched but none of them looked as good as Lumberton has. The only thing I am unsure of is the PNG passing attack. It looked pretty good against Ned. but I do not thinks Ned's d-line is as good as Lumbertons. It looked like the PNG o-line just blew the Ned d-line off the ball every run play. It will definitely be a different game this week. It may be the best game of the year.

Guest beards_bro

I think PNG will probably lose both games and finish third behind Dayton...Dayton is still a very good team....for some reason people are underestimating last seasons district champs, and they gave us (L-Town) all we could handle this year. Lumberton finishes 1st undefeated and Dayton right behind us with 1 loss, then PNG with 2 losses......maybe 3 losses if Central can pull the upset over the NDN's......After all, Central did shut down Nederland 22-2 the second half of there game and if it weren't for turnovers by Central they might and probably would have beaten the bulldogs.

Guest airitout123

This is the test to see what kind of team Lumberton has.  They are 6-0 but the opponents they have beaten are a combined 8-28, including two 3-A schools.

This is the test to see what kind of team Lumberton has.  They are 6-0 but the opponents they have beaten are a combined 8-28, including two 3-A schools.

Lumberton comes into this game battle tested.  It may really be a test of PNG.  Lumberton has already beat two quality teams in Central and Dayton.  Say what you want about the records of their opponents.  PNG has beaten a weak silsbee, a weak LCM, and a weak Ozen(not very convincingly either) and they have 1 quality win against Nederland.  PNG gets to show everyone this week if they are for real.  Beat Lumberton and PNG will prove they are for real.  (edited to replace LCM for Vidor)

Lumberton comes into this game battle tested.  It may really be a test of PNG.  Lumberton has already beat two quality teams in Central and Dayton.  Say what you want about the records of their opponents.  PNG has beaten a weak silsbee, a weak Vidor, and a weak Ozen(not very convincingly either) and they have 1 quality win against Nederland.  PNG gets to show everyone this week if they are for real.  Beat Lumberton and PNG will prove they are for real.

You probably should look at who they have played before you spout off stuff. We have not even played Vidor. I guess playing LaMarque and a suprisingly tough Crosby team along with 3 district games would not have PN-G "battle tested. I think I want to see us beat Lumberton more now than I wanted us to beat Nederland.

Lumberton comes into this game battle tested.  It may really be a test of PNG.  Lumberton has already beat two quality teams in Central and Dayton.  Say what you want about the records of their opponents.  PNG has beaten a weak silsbee, a weak Vidor, and a weak Ozen(not very convincingly either) and they have 1 quality win against Nederland.  PNG gets to show everyone this week if they are for real.  Beat Lumberton and PNG will prove they are for real.

What a wacky world we live in.  PNG has to beat Lumberton to prove they are "for real" :D :D

Guest beards_bro

You probably should look at who they have played before you spout off stuff. We have not even played Vidor. I guess playing LaMarque and a suprisingly tough Crosby team along with 3 district games would not have PN-G "battle tested. I think I want to see us beat Lumberton more now than I wanted us to beat Nederland.

You may want to beat Lumberton.....but you don't always get what you want.

PNG has not played Vidor yet.  I think PNG will come out with the WIN.  1) Don't think Lumberton can stand against PNG's defense.  2)Hemmings is a beast that will be hard to stop. 3) The game is at the Reservation...PNG is already PUMPED and will be ready for this game with a house full of INDIAN fans to give them support.

sorry I did get that mixed up.  I meant to say LCM, I will go back and edit that comment.  But I still stand behind what I said.  PNG has more to prove in this game than Lumberton.  Lumberton is undefeated and has 2 Quality district wins.  The only team you have beaten that was any good is NEderland.  You still have to beat Lumberton to prove that you are worthy to be at the top of 22-AAAA.  Or if you don't you have to beat Dayton and Central

The main thing is can the raiders contain jake hemmings probably the biggest back they will have to face all year. He reminds me alot like josh cook.

Naw Josh Cook was pure violence in running Hemmings is pure power ask anyone that has got in his way, i saw him at the Ned game carry 2-3 people on his back for the 1st down

Guest beards_bro

PNG has not played Vidor yet.  I think PNG will come out with the WIN.  1) Don't think Lumberton can stand against PNG's defense.  2)Hemmings is a beast that will be hard to stop. 3) The game is at the Reservation...PNG is already PUMPED and will be ready for this game with a house full of INDIAN fans to give them support.

Lumberton can't stand with PNG's defense?  That is a joke, right? Everybody keeps talking about the Rez like it is Death Valley at LSU or something. It's just a bunch of people screaming and yelling for their team..no big deal..the raiders can handle that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder