Lumberton @ The REZ the battle for first/SETXsports Game Of The Week

Do you know what the difference is between Lumberton fans and most others ? Most other fans would hesitate to fill message boards with "smack" when historically, there football program has achieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in their entire history ! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Raiders aren't a great team THIS year. We've heard the smack and the victory predictions for the last few years. You would think that these people would be HESITANT and wait until after a victory (which has NEVER happened against PN-G) to make bold statements and predictions. The Lumberton fans are very BOLD considering they have never been a FACTOR before !!!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey tonto ,why did u say lets us go get them. let tha raiders & indians go

smoke peace pipe after tha game.as a raider fan,but also a area football

fanatic, i followed the indians & dogs to houston to cheer these two teams on

as did several other fans from lumpton. i said in other posts that i saw two pretty two good teams play two ranked teams.png held their on against lamarque, other than c ouple long runs by their back, png looked awesome.

some of us are getting a little carried away ,but when this happens both

teams are really showing their respect for the other team. i respect png

totally,they have earned it past yrs & mcertainly this yr. good luck to both

teams, i must say guys, ltown can run the ball,tough; & d is stout also,

png can run the ball with tank(jake) & have also a stout d,could come down

to kicking gm,turnovers, just pray for a good officiatied ballgame, neither

team can tolerate poor officiating. not tha twe have had that, cause we havent. let the players decide it on tha field.again ,good luck to both ;D

Just hope we dont get the crew that was officiating the MCM game those guys were lost, very poorly called game all the way around

Do you know what the difference is between Lumberton fans and most others ? Most other fans would hesitate to fill message boards with "smack" when historically, there football program has achieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in their entire history ! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Raiders aren't a great team THIS year. We've heard the smack and the victory predictions for the last few years. You would think that these people would be HESITANT and wait until after a victory (which has NEVER happened against PN-G) to make bold statements and predictions. The Lumberton fans are very BOLD considering they have never been a FACTOR before !!!

PNG fans always bring up the history.  This is what the history is good for:  The history makes for some nice signs on your scoreboard that is all.  You guys have some really great teams from the past up there.  Good luck Friday night hope you can beat Lumberton and prove that this PNG team is ready to take the lead in 22-AAAA.

Why do the Lumberton fans think that we don't beleive their a good team? I've said that Lumberton is for real, but like I said before your district championship will have come through Mid County. It should be a great game. Lumberton is a good running team and PNG is too. Our D I think is better than Lumberton, so I think PNG will win.

Indians by 7

Scalp'em Indians Scalp'em

That was hard to say being that I'm a Bulldog Fan

Wow, this is great!  It is only Monday and the posts are going hot and heavy!  Can't wait to see what is next.  Who needs soap operas or reality shows when you have this website!  

OK...back to the game.  Haven't seen PNG but did see Lumberton play well against a not to good Central.  I am pulling for the Raiders.  They played well, loved their attacking defense.  They were quicker than I thought they would be.  I am glad to see that PNG beat Nederland.  

So, this district is what the pro baseball/football/basketall marketers love.  It is going to come down to the last week to settle the playoff spots.  

Like the old beer commercials, "It just doesn't get any better than this!"

The Lumberton fans are very BOLD considering they have never been a FACTOR before !!!

We're going to come in and kick y'alls butt on your homecoming in the teepee, i mean reservation.  Dang!  That's going to suck losing homecoming :-[

I guess coach C needs to pipe in some loud music at pratice to get our players use to all the noise.  LOOOOOOOL!  crack me up!!! 

Guest beards_bro

Everybody keeps talking about how Lumberton has no history, hasn't ever won anything, and how PNG or whatever other team has all of this great tradition of winning and that they are used to playing in big games and whatever else. None of this will matter come Fri. nite. The past and the past great teams of PNG will not be on the field to help them fri. nite. The 2007 PNG team and the 2007 Raider team are two completely different teams than in years past. It's all about what have you done for me lately...it's a new year and a new season and it's time for a change. You say how Lumberton has NEVER beaten PNG before and u r right....but this statement will not even matter after the Raiders do finally beat PNG come fRI. nite. Lumberton has achieved some things finally this season. As a matter of fact, they have achieved the same amount of district wins as PNG up to this point. This year matters, not years past..The winds of change are coming. We are now a major factor in this district unlike in years past.

As far as talking "Smack", it's all part of being a fan and it's all in good fun. I'm just stating my opinion on this game and facts as they are.

Guest beards_bro

Beards Bro...what do you got for me? Please tell me. Once again another original comeback. Are they passing "smack talk for dummies" books out in Lumberton now? What's next? A your momma post?

Bla Bla Bla...run your mouth. I'm not going to sit here online and get into some stupid little argument with you that you call "smack talk" like a bunch of little kids. This is my last response. I got them Raiders for ya on for Fri. nite to come to your place and put it on the injuns. That's what I got, now drop it. This is not about us, it's about the game, or at least it should be.

OK here is a take that i see.  Lumberton is undefeated,  good job.  But,  ya'll get on all these threads and start bragging and saying this and that about how awsome Lumberton is.  We have all heard this go on before.  Especially those of us who have been involved with winning teams year end and year out.  So this is your first year to go beyond just a few wins.  If your able to understand humility then practice it  !!! because your non-sense and bragging only adds fuel to the fire of the remaining teams you have to play.  I think they all want to shut your mouths and make you go home with your tails between your legs.  I see a true team and fans as those that can back their team but you guys in lumberton take it way over the top.  Ridiculously way over the top.  You fans make it ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!! for lumberton.  Nederland brags but has humility and a sense of understanding, as does PNG, central, and Dayton.  You can make all your predictions for the rest of the district play,  but each game is different.  Nederland was the fav against PNG but who won.  (Sorry DOG fans)  you havent seen PNG start 7 different post and go on bragging.  They build off of their win and move to the next game.  I dont see Lumberton doing that much at all.  I think lumberton will loose atleast 2 games.  Probably this friday against PNG and the other against Nederland.  I think your big head bubbles are about to be popped !!!!!!

Bla Bla Bla...run your mouth. I'm not going to sit here online and get into some stupid little argument with you that you call "smack talk" like a bunch of little kids. This is my last response. I got them Raiders for ya on for Fri. nite to come to your place and put it on the injuns. That's what I got, now drop it. This is not about us, it's about the game, or at least it should be.

Good I will be at the game myself. Good luck to ya'll. Tell you what, when the game gets late and you want to sit on the winning side I will have a seat warmed up for you. ;)

Guest TravelingBandsman

Nederland was looking really good this season and for Port Neches-Groves to beat them, that says a lot for Port Neches-Groves. I think Lumberton won't be up to par with the Indians.

Port Neches-Groves --- 28

Lumberton ------------ 10

Lumberton Opponents: 8-28

Central (3-3)

Vidor (1-5)

Dayton (3-3)

Cleveland (0-6)

New Caney (1-5)

Bridge City (0-6)

PNG Opponents: 23-14

LaMarque (7-0)

Crosby (5-1)

Silsbee (3-3)

Ozen (2-4)

LCM (1-5)

Nederland (5-1)

I think what you got here is a Lumberton team that snuck up on a good Dayton team and beat up a dwonward moving Central team. The rest of their games were against very poor teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder