Lumberton @ The REZ the battle for first/SETXsports Game Of The Week

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelingBandsman

Both are really good teams. This game will almost decide District champion. I think Beaumont Central is out now, unless they win out. Other than that, sure things are Vidor, Beaumont Ozen, and Little-Cypress Mauriceville. I don't know really. Port Neches-Groves is looking really good but Lumberton is that iffy. We haven't seen this new Raider team up against the Indians yet. I'm gonna take Port Neches-Groves in this in a close game.

Port Neches-Groves ---- 21

Lumberton ------------- 17

The hardest stadium to go into and get a win is the Reservation.

Look for a packed homeside, over 7,500 Indians singing Cherokee over and over.

Lumberton has a very very good team.

Lumberton's defensive front seven is just plain good.

Will be tough for PN-G to get 200 plus yards rushing in this one.

I think the turnover battle wins it.

Also...

This game may come down to fieldgoals.

I wonder who has the best kicker.

A long field goal at the end of the game just might be the difference.

no guessing here. i think it will be a very close game. hey ,png is for real,

lumberton is for real,the game next week will be for first place,that

game is for real.another hard fight for both teams.

raiders 28

png     28

decided in overtime have to say my raiders

other than this game ,i will be pulling for tha indians ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Guest BIG HOUSE

We will enjoy the Central W for a day or so.......then go to work for PNG....these teams will mirror each other.....turnovers will be crucial in this one........to close to call,but I will go with my RAIDERS in this one....good luck to both teams

So does the Indians and we have the best run "D" in district, proven with that goaline stand tried 3 times from the 2 and denied, and ask belows how that turf tastes ;)L-town hasnt met a "D" like ours yet. I talked to the players on the field and they wanted L-town to come to the game with no losses, they have a point to prove and unfortunetly its gonna get proven on them, heres to all you naysayers

The tribe is coming and they are coming to burn you down

Guest TravelingBandsman

Lumberton is a good team, but you have to take into account there are other good teams out there. Port Neches-Groves is another one of those good teams. This will be tough for both teams.

Why do the Lumberton fans think that we don't beleive their a good team? I've said that Lumberton is for real, but like I said before your district championship will have come through Mid County. It should be a great game. Lumberton is a good running team and PNG is too. Our D I think is better than Lumberton, so I think PNG will win.

Guest maverick24

Let me get this right Yall have the best Run D because you stopped a Pass Happy team at the goal line. You are correct that the best D in district will be on the field but they wont be wearing Purple!!! I reall think LUMBERTON HAS TOO MUCH SPEED You better be ready and if you dont want to get hit hard I would fake a injury!

Guest TravelingBandsman

Let me get this right Yall have the best Run D because you stopped a Pass Happy team at the goal line. You are correct that the best D in district will be on the field but they wont be wearing Purple!!! I reall think LUMBERTON HAS TOO MUCH SPEED You better be ready and if you dont want to get hit hard I would fake a injury!

That isn't cocky.....

Karma is more than just a forum tool.

We're always a physical team so you must not know football too much. Tell that so called defense of ya'lls to tighten their chin strap cause Hemmings will look for someone to hit. I do think our defense is good and the teams we've played this year will tell you. Beleive me ya'll may have some speed, but we've seen speed before. We're never the fastest team year in and year out so that doesn't scare us. Nobody will fake an injury on PNG and that's a silly comment.

Boy we stopped their passing game and their run game, leveled their QB and took out a couple of their players, so bring it

If PN-G does not have a letdown PN-G. No knock on Lumberton, but PN-G is for real.

and lumberton is not?! but yes, the reservation is the hardest place to play in this district. and lumberton has never beaten pn-g before. but then again until tonight, we had never beaten central either..

Well now that mid county madness is over I guess the PNG Lumberton game is the biggest thing around. PNG is certainily capable of beating Lumberton. It is still a tough row to hoe for the Indians. They still have to play Lumberton which is also capable of beating PNG. They also have to play Central. The Jags were one of the teams to beat early on so they could put it together and win against probably anybody. PNG still has to play Dayton. Dayton was the district favorite and could still win district with a little help. Other than PNG Lumberton still has to play Nederland. Even though PNG beat Nederland the Bulldogs are certainily still capable of beating the Raiders. So the district is slowly taking shape but is not decided as of yet. With 4 games still to play the district is still up for grabs. As for who will win next Friday, well I guess it is who wants it most. My gut feeling is PNG but I will not sell Lumberton short. They just may want it more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline