Lumberton @ The REZ the battle for first/SETXsports Game Of The Week

I was talking to a player this afternoon at a junior tackle game, and I totally agree with him.  I hope everyone continues to downplay PNG's ability.  I hope PNG continues to listen to what is said and then prove it wrong on the field.

With that said I pick PNG to defeat Lumberton in a close game.

Scalp 'EM!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest band of brothers

I was talking to a player this afternoon at a junior tackle game, and I totally agree with him.  I hope everyone continues to downplay PNG's ability.  I hope PNG continues to listen to what is said and then prove it wrong on the field.

Scalp 'EM!

don't worry, lumberton will prepare for png just like they did for dayton, vidor and central, they are not that arrogant to look past the indians, it's going to be a battle!

Guest band of brothers

I know Lumberton has won every game they have played but beating PN-G at home is not going to happen.

I hope you guys can pass a little, because you can forget the running game!

hey tonto ,why did u say lets us go get them. let tha raiders & indians go

smoke peace pipe after tha game.as a raider fan,but also a area football

fanatic, i followed the indians & dogs to houston to cheer these two teams on

as did several other fans from lumpton. i said in other posts that i saw two pretty two good teams play two ranked teams.png held their on against lamarque, other than c ouple long runs by their back, png looked awesome.

some of us are getting a little carried away ,but when this happens both

teams are really showing their respect for the other team. i respect png

totally,they have earned it past yrs & mcertainly this yr. good luck to both

teams, i must say guys, ltown can run the ball,tough; & d is stout also,

png can run the ball with tank(jake) & have also a stout d,could come down

to kicking gm,turnovers, just pray for a good officiatied ballgame, neither

team can tolerate poor officiating. not tha twe have had that, cause we havent. let the players decide it on tha field.again ,good luck to both ;D

If talk was big........fans from PNG or Lumberton that have been posting on this forum would be in the guennis book of world records. Truth is both of these teams match up pretty evenly. Both are good. Either could win this Friday. No one really knows who will win. This boasting of what you are going to do to each other is silly. Lets hear facts that you can back up. You can't say that Hemmings is going to run through Lumberton like a hot knife through butter. Nor can you say Lumberton will stop Hemmings in his tracts. You haven't played each other yet. I look for a close game. Witnesses have said that Lumberton's defensive line is very good. I heard the broadcast of PNG vs Nederland and it sounds like Hemmings is an awsome back. Lumberton also has a good back and PNG also has a good defense. I look for a exelent match up and a close game.

Guest Indian Chief

What is that supposed to mean?  Please, don't set yourself up for a failiar.  Please, dont' overlook this Raider team.

No harm intended. Central has been down on Defense is what i mean.

Guest beards_bro

Yea right!! Ya'll are not to stop Hemmings. We're not Central! Trust me.

This guy will not, and I repeat NOT! have a big nite against our defense. Nobody has ran on us all year and it's not going to begin now, I don't care where we are playing at. All he has is size and all we have to do is keep him inside and hit him low, wrap up, & gang tackle, which is what we do best. The bigger they are, the harder they fall..u know the saying. We contained the fastest back in the district in Derek Hall..so what makes u think we can't contain your guy. We don't have the #3 Defense in State in all of 4 A and the #9 overall D in the enitre state out of 3, 4, & 5 A because we can't stop the run. Everyone from PNG is talking how physical they are..well u will see our guys match that intensity and be physical on both sides of the ball. These boys on D can & will hit and I mean hard..they will pop u in the mouth...you will see come Fri. nite.

Oh, and one more thing.....We not only have one great back in #5 C. Hussey, but we have two more studs in the backfield that can and will break one at any time in #49 A. Beard and #24 J. Hanna. So u better come prepared to stop not just one but all three and I just don't see it happening.

Scalp 'EM!

and what exactly do you think the raiders have been going through?

Guest beards_bro

I think if L-Town beats PNG this Fri. then they will win district undefeated. I know the Rez will be tough but our guys have already been in a couple of big games thus far this year. Hopefully those experiences have somewhat seasoned them for a big game battle and the nerves won't affect the players very much. As long as we don't beat ourselves by turning the ball over in critical situations and too many penalties in critical situations then I think L-Train rolls in this one by a narrow margin.

Guest beards_bro

Whether it's at the Rez or Raider Stadium.....them boyz will come to play. It doesn't matter where the game is at, they will be very focused and I don't really think the Rez will affect them very much. They are very confident right now.....but not over confident, and they are riding high with momentum. They already have two notches on the belt and are looking for a third.

Thats Funny right there did yall get the Moral victory in those games as well. WE HELD IT CLOSE DIDN'T YALL STILL LOSE!!!! lol

And who did yall play in preseason CHUMP TEAMS i guess yall are real proud of those victories, go play LaMarque and Brenham, Crosby State powers and then come brag, my guess is yall will not. Write it down girls the train will get derailed this friday

Guest band of brothers

What is that supposed to mean?  Please, don't set yourself up for a failiar.  Please, dont' overlook this Raider team.

no, please do!

And who did yall play in preseason CHUMP TEAMS i guess yall are real proud of those victories, go play LaMarque and Brenham, Crosby State powers and then come brag, my guess is yall will not. Write it down girls the train will get derailed this friday

Crosby????....state power???? Crosby has a good group this year, but come on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder