Vidor @ Lumberton Friday

35 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Varsity only 6:30

Oh boy... I hope we have a full Varsity team, if we have to pull kids up it’s going to get ugly in a hurry but it’s better than a forfeit I guess. I’m hearing we had to forfeit the BC game which I think is BS if that’s true. Plenty of time in the season to make up the 1st district game for both teams.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Oh boy... I hope we have a full Varsity team, if we have to pull kids up it’s going to get ugly in a hurry but it’s better than a forfeit I guess. I’m hearing we had to forfeit the BC game which I think is BS if that’s true. Plenty of time in the season to make up the 1st district game for both teams.

It is a forfeit and 100% agree with you. Plenty of time to make the game up. (particularly next week when the only games being played is non district games. just cancel one of those)

42 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It is a forfeit and 100% agree with you. Plenty of time to make the game up. (particularly next week when the only games being played is non district games. just cancel one of those)

That’s disappointing, we needed that one... BC at home should have been a competitive game. I’m sure no one thinks Vidor can sniff the playoffs this year but I don’t think they will be such an easy out. I know the record is bad but look at the schedule, much tougher than everyone else except Silsbee. The 2 games they should have won they split but when you play HF, HJ then HH followed by Ned, EC, BH I don’t think anyone in this districts record would be good against that level of competition. I’ve watched all their games, sometimes they look dead and can’t shoot but when they show up ready to play I think they might surprise a team or two. They have managed to beat all of the Orange County teams the past few seasons. OF, BC, WOS and LCM have all lost to Vidor but those were predistrict games and now they count. I know these teams have a lot of the same players back but so do the Pirates and they are very familiar with them. A forfeit and a game without a full squad to start district might just be a crushing blow right off the bat. I sure hope a district favorite or top team doesn’t have to shut it down because I would expect them to have to forfeit district games as well in the interest of fairness. The district has set precedent here with this decision so early on, bad look in my opinion. Should have canceled the game with the option to reschedule if it mattered in the final standings. 

36 minutes ago, Mark Chesnutt said:

If I am Vidor, I am not sure I want to play this game vs the L Town Boys

Well hello Mark, welcome to SETXsports. It's almost too cold at home to come up with a good response but I'll think of something. It's a little too late but I just wanted you to know that it was almost goodbye for Vidors season. Thank God for believers, the Pirates get to keep rollin with the flow because I don't want to miss a thing. 

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Well hello Mark, welcome to SETXsports. It's almost too cold at home to come up with a good response but I'll think of something. It's a little too late but I just wanted you to know that it was almost goodbye for Vidors season. Thank God for believers, the Pirates get to keep rollin with the flow because I don't want to miss a thing. 

CLASSIC!!!!

Great response!

18 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s disappointing, we needed that one... BC at home should have been a competitive game. I’m sure no one thinks Vidor can sniff the playoffs this year but I don’t think they will be such an easy out. I know the record is bad but look at the schedule, much tougher than everyone else except Silsbee. The 2 games they should have won they split but when you play HF, HJ then HH followed by Ned, EC, BH I don’t think anyone in this districts record would be good against that level of competition. I’ve watched all their games, sometimes they look dead and can’t shoot but when they show up ready to play I think they might surprise a team or two. They have managed to beat all of the Orange County teams the past few seasons. OF, BC, WOS and LCM have all lost to Vidor but those were predistrict games and now they count. I know these teams have a lot of the same players back but so do the Pirates and they are very familiar with them. A forfeit and a game without a full squad to start district might just be a crushing blow right off the bat. I sure hope a district favorite or top team doesn’t have to shut it down because I would expect them to have to forfeit district games as well in the interest of fairness. The district has set precedent here with this decision so early on, bad look in my opinion. Should have canceled the game with the option to reschedule if it mattered in the final standings. 

I agree.  The difference in most of the teams this year in that district is razor thin.  Every win or loss is huge.  Hate to see it handled that way.  And as AAW stated, really no reason it couldn’t have been made up. 

6 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

This is the hidden content, please

If you would have mentioned that it made you mad enough to want to shoot a jukebox, it would have been perfect.

Vidor JV making the trip to Lumberton, this is going to be a bloodbath. They really should have rescheduled these games. If any other team has to shut down their basketball program be prepared to forfeit or play severely undermanned. I’m hearing only 2 Varsity players are available and we probably won’t have a coach. Great decision by the district.