Yoakum 37 East Chambers 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, Old reporter said:

Answer this for me. What the heck happened?

EC  special teams had a bad night. EC's first two kickoffs they let Yoakum run one back to around 25 and other to around 30 I think. We tried for field goal and it was blocked. 4 th quarter with game tied, on kick off return they kick over our heads and ball stops on the half yard line and EC tried to pick up but was tackled in the end zone. I think every EC kick off, Yoakum returned back inside the 50, maybe one didn't. Great season BUCS it was fun to watch !!!! 

1 hour ago, ECFAN#1 said:

EC  special teams had a bad night. EC's first two kickoffs they let Yoakum run one back to around 25 and other to around 30 I think. We tried for field goal and it was blocked. 4 th quarter with game tied, on kick off return they kick over our heads and ball stops on the half yard line and EC tried to pick up but was tackled in the end zone. I think every EC kick off, Yoakum returned back inside the 50, maybe one didn't. Great season BUCS it was fun to watch !!!! 

Hold on.  Explain something to me please.   What do you mean the kickoff went over the kids head and stopped at the 1 yard line?  Where was he at on the field, in order for that to happen?  He's the deep back for a reason, right?  Did the coach pull them up and for what reason was he not a "deep back" ?

Just now, mrtomcat said:

Hold on.  Explain something to me please.   What do you mean the kickoff went over the kids head and stopped at the 1 yard line?  Where was he at on the field, in order for that to happen?  He's the deep back for a reason, right?  Did the coach pull them up and for what reason was he not a "deep back" ?

they were squip kicking all night long so coach had them on about the 30 then the last one the boomed it over the head really good coaching for thier special teams EC had no answer for it   

Just now, TXBBQDude said:

they were squip kicking all night long so coach had them on about the 30 then the last one the boomed it over the head really good coaching for thier special teams EC had no answer for it   

Extremely bad decision in that situation for there to not be anybody back deep, no matter if they've been poochin, squibin, onside kickin all night........you have to know the situation and apparantly it got the best of them.  However, EC was not supposed to be played this tight anyhow.  Yoakum definitely exposed a weakness in EC and got after their tails all night long.   How much is EC losing and what does this program look like going forward?  Losing the TB will hurt, but how many more studs will they come up with before next year to replace him?

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

Extremely bad decision in that situation for there to not be anybody back deep, no matter if they've been poochin, squibin, onside kickin all night........you have to know the situation and apparantly it got the best of them.  However, EC was not supposed to be played this tight anyhow.  Yoakum definitely exposed a weakness in EC and got after their tails all night long.   How much is EC losing and what does this program look like going forward?  Losing the TB will hurt, but how many more studs will they come up with before next year to replace him?

Talked with one of the Yoakum family members that were at the game, they said it looked like EC was lulled into a false sense on the kickoffs. They could not understand either why no one was back. Bad decision anyway you look at it. 

Guest ECBucFan
15 hours ago, TXBBQDude said:

Game over EC was out of shape never played a full game this is on the Coach.  Great Kids Great Season 

I agree with half of that statement. Anytime an undefeated Top Ten team gets upended by a third place team with a 3-2 district record in the 2nd round it was not a "great season".

The part about it "being on the coach" is exactly right, though.      

Guest ECBucFan
15 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Great season bucs.  Lots of crow to be eaten after 2nd round loss. Lots of EC folks was saying state championship 

When the coach goes to the local media at the beginning of the season and says "no one in the state can stop us but ourselves", and we supposedly have the greatest player ever in EC history, expectations were very high.     

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

When the coach goes to the local media at the beginning of the season and says "no one in the state can stop us but ourselves", and we supposedly have the greatest player ever in EC history, expectations were very high.     

Taking nothing away from Ceaser he is a great player but greatest in EC history? Give me Tramaine Thomas all day if I’m starting a team with greatest EC players of all time.  

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

I agree with half of that statement. Anytime an undefeated Top Ten team gets upended by a third place team with a 3-2 district record in the 2nd round it was not a "great season".

The part about it "being on the coach" is exactly right, though.      

Ask the Coach for Refugio or Shiner if they care about the other teams when they put 70+ points week after week.  They play thiers starters all season so they can be prepared for the post season.  If you are going to win state championships you can't have feelings you have to pay every game to make your team better   East Chambers played 1 maybe 2 games early in the season for 4 Qrts the rest they had second string in before at after half.  These kids had the heart but on a Covid Season the conditioning needed to be on the field 

Please refrain from bashing coaches.

Forum rule #18

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Please refrain from bashing coaches.

Forum rule #18

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

Good thing everyone always follows that rule... js

Its tolerated all the time.