Hamshire-Fannett 75 West Orange-Stark 47/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hamshire-Fannett 75 West Orange-Stark 47/FINAL

My Mustangs was not ready for that hostile environment and they did not get 9 techs.  They got 3 and 2 were total BS.  HF should have received just as many but officials didn't want to show up to breakfast at the local coffee shop doing that.  The Stangs will get better but no doubt HF is the better team right now and will be hard to handle this season.

32 minutes ago, JACK OF ALL TRADES said:

My Mustangs was not ready for that hostile environment and they did not get 9 techs.  They got 3 and 2 were total BS.  HF should have received just as many but officials didn't want to show up to breakfast at the local coffee shop doing that.  The Stangs will get better but no doubt HF is the better team right now and will be hard to handle this season.

HF plays clean and disciplined basketball. What are you referring to for them deserving Techs?

20 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I agree.  But wouldn’t be surprised if they split with HF again.   Hope they both beat the brakes off Huffman. 

HF will beat HJ. Both teams are equally matched athletically (HF actually may have a slit edge) and will come down to coaching. Rideaux is a far better coach then Davis. HJ sits in the same defense and press the whole game.

19 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

Whatcha got against huffman?

Huffman a 1 trick pony. No wonder they fought to get Ardoin off HF varsity this year. It will keep them from losing by 40. When one kid scores over 50% of your team's points, your not that good. HF and HJ can score from several positions. HF having about 5-6 guys that can go for 10 or more points a game.

3 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Huffman a 1 trick pony. No wonder they fought to get Ardoin off HF varsity this year. It will keep them from losing by 40. When one kid scores over 50% of your team's points, your not that good. HF and HJ can score from several positions. HF having about 5-6 guys that can go for 10 or more points a game.

Wasn't that the case with Silsbee last year with Bush?

Cardinal 1: 

“HF will beat HJ. Both teams are equally matched athletically (HF actually may have a slit edge) and will come down to coaching. Rideaux is a far better coach then Davis. HJ sits in the same defense and press the whole game.

“Huffman a 1 trick pony. No wonder they fought to get Ardoin off HF varsity this year. It will keep them from losing by 40. When one kid scores over 50% of your team's points, your not that good. HF and HJ can score from several positions. HF having about 5-6 guys that can go for 10 or more points a game.

Then you are saying HF goes undefeated in district play?

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Cardinal 1: 

“HF will beat HJ. Both teams are equally matched athletically (HF actually may have a slit edge) and will come down to coaching. Rideaux is a far better coach then Davis. HJ sits in the same defense and press the whole game.

“Huffman a 1 trick pony. No wonder they fought to get Ardoin off HF varsity this year. It will keep them from losing by 40. When one kid scores over 50% of your team's points, your not that good. HF and HJ can score from several positions. HF having about 5-6 guys that can go for 10 or more points a game.

I would like to know this as well.

May need to make a wager.

3 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HF will beat HJ. Both teams are equally matched athletically (HF actually may have a slit edge) and will come down to coaching. Rideaux is a far better coach then Davis. HJ sits in the same defense and press the whole game.

I would like to see the head to head matchups by position. It’s hard for me to believe HF wins that match up. I also think HJ has some kids that just know how to play the game. As far as the coaching comparison I’d have to say that’s strictly a matter of opinion. Coach Rideaux has a pretty short resume as a head coach. 

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wasn't that the case with Silsbee last year with Bush?

Lol the kid at Huffman is a solid player, he's no Braylon Bush by far 🤣. Remember this Huffman team lost to a young inexperienced HF team in the playoffs last year. He only scored 5pts in that game. The kid who locked him down is still at HF folks

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

I would like to see the head to head matchups by position. It’s hard for me to believe HF wins that match up. I also think HJ has some kids that just know how to play the game. As far as the coaching comparison I’d have to say that’s strictly a matter of opinion. Coach Rideaux has a pretty short resume as a head coach. 

HJ has better size down low with a 3 good SF. HF has a better stable of guards. HJ has one PG and two solid guards. HF has 2 PGs who can score, 3 SGs, and two solid forwards. The bench as far as guards who can contribute on and off the ball is where HF has the advantage. HJ has the half court size advantage. The game will be a chess match, that's why I say it will come down to coaching. The thing is Rideaux out coached Davis in the last meeting last year who had the far better team. He doesn't have that advantage this year. They're about equal

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

Cardinal 1: 

I think they will split with HJ, but Huffman has no chance against either team. Too easy to shut down their offense with the crop of players HJ and HF has. Harvey is good no doubt, but he hasn't played anything near HF or HJ this year.