Vidor vs Lindale Bi-District

Boneyard Boys

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Unfortunately, we have a weak district. May want to consider that when trying to compare apples and oranges.      You may be right about the district but is Jasper weak? That was a winnable game late into the 4th Qtr. even with running that stupid shot-t scheme. All I am saying is lindale can be beat . Let’s not make them into the Kansas City Chiefs.

24 minutes ago, Realville said:

You may be right about the district but is Jasper weak? That was a winnable game late into the 4th Qtr. even with running that stupid shot-t scheme. All I am saying is lindale can be beat . Let’s not make them into the Kansas City Chiefs.

I’m not denying that. You were using point spreads from a weak district to quantify your argument. I was commenting on that not necessarily being a strong point for your assessment. 

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not denying that. You were using point spreads from a weak district to quantify your argument. I was commenting on that not necessarily being a strong point for your assessment. 

Not trying to make an argument but just that the switch back to the qb being under center has increased the offense’s time of possession which has kept the defense fresher. The defense has been pretty solid and it’s good to see the offense giving the defense a little support. No doubt Lindale is a solid program but how good is their district as a whole? At the end of the day it’s tackle the man with football. Hopefully the Pirates tackle well enough to make this a winnable game if not they’ll lose.

Lindale is good, but as Realville pointed out, not unbeatable.   Everyone has an off day.   Jenkins (their RB) could have an upset stomach & fumbles 3 or 4 times.  QB has an inner ear infection and throws 5 interceptions.

Looking at the scoring in that District, they definitely emphasize Offense.   We all know if Vidor can move the ball & eat up the clock, Lindale won’t be scoring any 42 points.   If the Pirates can’t, yeah maybe.

59 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lindale is good, but as Realville pointed out, not unbeatable.   Everyone has an off day.   Jenkins (their RB) could have an upset stomach & fumbles 3 or 4 times.  QB has an inner ear infection and throws 5 interceptions.

Looking at the scoring in that District, they definitely emphasize Offense.   We all know if Vidor can move the ball & eat up the clock, Lindale won’t be scoring any 42 points.   If the Pirates can’t, yeah maybe.

Go Pirates! 🏴‍☠️

20 hours ago, Hagar said:

They did play one team that runs an offense similar to Vidor, Mabank.   Mabank scored 21 points on them in the first 3 Quarters.  Unfortunately for Mabank, Lindale won 62-21.

Watch Game Recap of Mabank vs Lindale.

This is the hidden content, please

Mabank looked ok in that video but man, they had a worse season than Vidor. They did have one forfeit though so maybe the Covid hurt them this season. I get it's a highlight video but I could see the Pirates break a few big runs against that Lindale defense, there were some big holes there. Then again they will probably move some of their best offensive playmakers to the defensive side if we start gashing them. Must be nice to have D1 athletes at your disposal in a winner take all scenario. If our offense moves the ball well, we will be in the game. What scares me is another shotgun spread team that runs the ball well. I hope we don't see another Splendora debacle again where simple draw plays to the same RB kills you all night, the defensive coaches better have a good gameplan for this one.

26 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Mabank looked ok in that video but man, they had a worse season than Vidor. They did have one forfeit though so maybe the Covid hurt them this season. I get it's a highlight video but I could see the Pirates break a few big runs against that Lindale defense, there were some big holes there. Then again they will probably move some of their best offensive playmakers to the defensive side if we start gashing them. Must be nice to have D1 athletes at your disposal in a winner take all scenario. If our offense moves the ball well, we will be in the game. What scares me is another shotgun spread team that runs the ball well. I hope we don't see another Splendora debacle again where simple draw plays to the same RB kills you all night, the defensive coaches better have a good gameplan for this one.

That Lindale RB is a handful.  Reminds me of Jasper’s Limbrick.   He’ll get a bunch of yards, but if we can keep him out of the End Zone to often, we may have a shot.  Mabank’s O is not as elaborate as ours, & they put up 21.  If no TO’s, we should score 3 TD’s or more.   Can’t help but think L will be overconfident some, and will be surprised somewhat by the Pirates.  

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

That Lindale RB is a handful.  Reminds me of Jasper’s Limbrick.   He’ll get a bunch of yards, but if we can keep him out of the End Zone to often, we may have a shot.  Mabank’s O is not as elaborate as ours.  If no TO’s, we should score 3 TD’s or more.   Can’t help but think L will be overconfident some, and will be surprised somewhat by the Pirates.  

Yea he's going to be a problem but looking at their film, you cant necessarily just key on him. It looks like they have a balanced attack and can run multiple formations at you. QB can run and throw it pretty well, some decent WRs. We are definitely going to have to put up some points to hang with these guys. Can't have too many of those drives to the redzone that end up with nothing, seen a lot of that this year where good drives end up as a turnover on downs. Watching one highlight videos and their kicker made a 40 yard field goal, I wish we could do that on some of our drives deep into opponents territory.

14 hours ago, Hagar said:

Looking ahead, after Vidor beats Lindale, I guess they’ll be facing Needville, but one game at a time.

😂😂🤣

And then a rematch with Livingston after that... oh wait, one game at a time. What Lindale did to Palestine should be illegal, I'd much rather be playing them this week lol.

13 minutes ago, Pho Rizzle said:

I think there may something to what piratevillain has been saying about playing the best players on both side of the ball. Now that we are in a lower classification I see teams doing just that. We should try the same strategy so we can get better match ups on both sides of the ball. It seems logical to create the match-ups you want then worry about the gameplan.

I was at the Lumberton game last Friday an they actually did use some of our defensive players on offense. I heard they will be bringing up JV players for the game tomorrow also.