Barbers Hill 54 Port Neches-Groves 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

44 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

BH hasn’t been playing bad. They played some decent to very goods teams. Toss in that PNG has very little defense. Add on BH was probably fired up at home after being humbled against Crosby. 

Teams on occasion has a night where almost everything goes right  and at times other teams just have bad games. Sometimes they happen in the same night against each other. 

... or to simplify it, sometimes that’s the way the ball bounces. PNG might not be that bad, BH might not be that good but tonight... 

exactly - still a lot to prove. BH proved a lot about themselves tonight. There were moments PNG looked solid as well. However, given the size advantage BH has on the lines, it’s hard to think they wouldn’t win again. Some of it was momentum too - opening the game with two big turnovers put PNG in a mental, as well as a points hole. And of course PNG having a nonexistent defensive line means we are going to be at a disadvantage against every even sort of good team we play. It’s been the story all season - PnG is playing with one hand tied behind its back. That we’ve had success at all is a testament to Bost + Co on offense. The defense is abysmal. No one should ever be able to run that consistently against us, but BHs runners chewed up yards 9 or 10 at a time. No open field tackling, no fundamentals, no wrapping up. After six games it’s fairly certain these problems won’t be fixed this season. So we’ll hopefully be the third seed, lose in the first round and march out another good offense next year, with a water polo team for a defense. It’s frustrating because the defensive players are playing tough and hard, but they are completely out of position. 

8 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I was mostly judging by the loss to Santa Fe. I do realize PNG’s defense is terrible as always though lol 

If you are looking at max preps BH hasn’t played Santa Fe , but they show us losing 21-20 to them😊 We play Santa Fe next week.

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

All moaning about the outcome aside, without the two turnovers in the first quarter, this would have been a different game (BH knows all about that). However, given how BH was able to move the ball on the ground I still think they would have won - it just might have been more interesting. 

Yup, this was our story against Crosby. 3 minutes to go into the half and it’s a 10-7 ball game with Crosby in the lead.  Crosby turns the ball over and gives us the ball mid field and I’m thinking sweet go down and score then we’re up 14-10 with the ball coming out of the half😁 Then bam turn over the ball on a trick play and then a pick by Crosby in 3 minutes turns into 10 points for Crosby and a 20-7 advantage going into the half. BH never recovered.

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yup, this was our story against Crosby. 3 minutes to go into the half and it’s a 10-7 ball game with Crosby in the lead.  Crosby turns the ball over and gives us the ball mid field and I’m thinking sweet go down and score then we’re up 14-10 with the ball coming out of the half😁 Then bam turn over the ball on a trick play and then a pick by Crosby in 3 minutes turns into 10 points for Crosby and a 20-7 advantage going into the half. BH never recovered.

Can the game be found on Youtube?

Guest ECBucFan
15 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Some of it was momentum too - opening the game with two big turnovers put PNG in a mental, as well as a points hole... The defense is abysmal. No one should ever be able to run that consistently against us, but BHs runners chewed up yards 9 or 10 at a time. No open field tackling, no fundamentals, no wrapping up. After six games it’s fairly certain these problems won’t be fixed this season. 

I agree with this. Momentum clearly swung early and often for BH. Take a way the first quarter, 1) missed tackle - breakaway TD run   2) muffed kickoff and   3) pick 6, and its a very different game.

On a different night BH still wins, but I think its competative 1-2 score game, not a blowout loss.  

I know it’s due to our schedules but I was just looking at the standings in 11-5A-D2 to start gauging potential playoff matchups and saw that with BH’s win over PNG, 12-5A-D2 only has one team above .500 after six games. Could’ve won a lot of money in Lake Charles on that one. 

I mean, BH, Crosby, PNG and Ned will be the playoff teams again and for probably the next few years but I’m not sure the 3-1 that looked like such a given when Manvel left the district is so sure now? We have some teams in this district that aren’t even getting us prepared for the first round. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know it’s due to our schedules but I was just looking at the standings in 11-5A-D2 to start gauging potential playoff matchups and saw that with BH’s win over PNG, 12-5A-D2 only has one team above .500 after six games. Could’ve won a lot of money in Lake Charles on that one. 

I mean, BH, Crosby, PNG and Ned will be the playoff teams again and for probably the next few years but I’m not sure the 3-1 that looked like such a given when Manvel left the district is so sure now? We have some teams in this district that aren’t even getting us prepared for the first round. 

It's a good thing we scheduled tough preseason games then.

I wonder when Mr. Nelson will figure out that running a 3 down lineman defense against 5 o-lineman, a lead blocking back and a running QB doesn't work?

BH knew exactly what our weakness was and game planned for it. We came in running the same crap. No adjustments. No film watching from what it seems. Just lineup and get ran over week after week. 

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

I wonder when Mr. Nelson will figure out that running a 3 down lineman defense against 5 o-lineman, a lead blocking back and a running QB doesn't work?

BH knew exactly what our weakness was and game planned for it. We came in running the same crap. No adjustments. No film watching from what it seems. Just lineup and get ran over week after week.

Right - this 3-down linemen thing isn't working for PNG. Every single game, no matter which team. It's like watching a replay of the same game every week, because opponents are able to use the exact same plays effectively. It's like we don't have a defensive line at all. 

9 minutes ago, outanup said:

I’m sure the DC at png is a great guy but is likely in a lil over his head. 

Hopefully with experience he will pull it together. Everyone starts somewhere. The original DC left over the summer to move closer to family, so my guess is PNG wasn't in a position to do an extensive search for a DC given the timetable and the COVID situation. So the new DC has been thrown in the frying pan -- But maybe it will lead to him becoming a great coach. This year there are certainly growing pains. Here's hoping we all feel stupid in the future when he gets really good. 

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

Did we get any stops? I don't remember BH having to punt. I made a trip to the concession stand so I might have missed it.

If you would stop providing the pregame meals maybe they would be healthy enough to make defensive stops during games. 🤷🏾‍♂️😁