Barbers Hill 54 Port Neches-Groves 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Barbers Hill 54 Port Neches-Groves 28/FINAL
1 minute ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It’s closer to what we expected at the beginning of the season in any case. 

Yeah BH played tough teams early. Falling apart against Crosby had me thinking, but boy did they come back tonight! BH dominated both lines tonight and our JR QB just blew up! He defiantly had his best game tonight. I don’t think anyone expected this what a great team effort by the Eagles.

Tough loss for the Indians tonight, but good luck and finish strong! Unfortunately though Crosby is going to be a handful 

47 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah BH played tough teams early. Falling apart against Crosby had me thinking, but boy did they come back tonight! BH dominated both lines tonight and our JR QB just blew up! He defiantly had his best game tonight. I don’t think anyone expected this what a great team effort by the Eagles.

Tough loss for the Indians tonight, but good luck and finish strong! Unfortunately though Crosby is going to be a handful 

Like I said last week, I fully expect y’all to finish second in the district. Y’all hadn’t/haven’t fell apart all year and you didn’t against Crosby, y’all got taken apart. Just like we did the year prior in BH. 

22 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

What in the world happened here. Barbers Hill hasn’t been playing well this year up to this point. 

BH hasn’t been playing bad. They played some decent to very goods teams. Toss in that PNG has very little defense. Add on BH was probably fired up at home after being humbled against Crosby. 

Teams on occasion has a night where almost everything goes right  and at times other teams just have bad games. Sometimes they happen in the same night against each other. 

... or to simplify it, sometimes that’s the way the ball bounces. PNG might not be that bad, BH might not be that good but tonight... 

31 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

What in the world happened here. Barbers Hill hasn’t been playing well this year up to this point. 

BH had the best defense in our district last year and may have the best defense in the district again this year? Considering their schedule up to this point my observation would be to the contrary. 

21 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

BH hasn’t been playing bad. They played some decent to very goods teams. Toss in that PNG has very little defense. Add on BH was probably fired up at home after being humbled against Crosby. 

Teams on occasion has a night where almost everything goes right  and at times other teams just have bad games. Sometimes they happen in the same night against each other. 

... or to simplify it, sometimes that’s the way the ball bounces. PNG might not be that bad, BH might not be that good but tonight... 

I was mostly judging by the loss to Santa Fe. I do realize PNG’s defense is terrible as always though lol 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah it’s tough to swallow. The combination of steady population growth plus improved coaching has BH on a strong upward trajectory. It was like watching a bigger version of PNG. The BH qb really impressed tonight with some tough runs - but that offensive line especially gets the game ball.