Kelly CANNOT Recruit

daKdog

It is illegal for TAPPS and UIL schools too recruit! Kelly cannot recruit anybody from any other schools. If a student approaches us and wants to play, THE SCHOOL has to accept them FIRST! If in the case that they are inable to pay for their full tuition than financial assistance can be granted. The case goes before a financial commitee and their case has to be approved! The student has to be able to come up with atleast $1,500 or they cannot be approved!

So, please from now on look at the teams and not the school!

and dont falsely accuse if you dont know what you are talking about!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is illegal for TAPPS and UIL schools too recruit! Kelly cannot recruit anybody from any other schools. If a student approaches us and wants to play, THE SCHOOL has to accept them FIRST! If in the case that they are inable to pay for their full tuition than financial assistance can be granted. The case goes before a financial commitee and their case has to be approved! The student has to be able to come up with atleast $1,500 or they cannot be approved!

I think WOS charges less than this... ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding...

I would not say that Kelly recruits but they do encourage certain kids to come and apply. They might even take the paper work to them and tell them what they need to turn it in and when. Kelly people might even turn it in for them. So recruiting is a no for Kelly but strongly encouraging is a yes. Guys from the public schools don't be mad because your kid did not or couldn't get in to Kelly. Public schools can not say that they do some shadey things too. Guys moving in from one school to another and you know darn well that they did not actually move, but they do have a new mailing address. So leave Kelly alone and don't be a hater. ;D

Guest ECBucFan

This NOT aimed at Kelly:

Two years ago after Katrina sent thousands of New Orleans people into the Astrodome, coaches from many schools were trolling around in the A-dome. Rumors even had some of them clocking impromptu 40's in the parking lot (I believe it). Don't believe me? It got so bad the UIL issued a warning letter. You can look it up.  :P

This NOT aimed at Kelly:

Two years ago after Katrina sent thousands of New Orleans people into the Astrodome, coaches from many schools were trolling around in the A-dome. Rumors even had some of them clocking impromptu 40's in the parking lot (I believe it). Don't believe me? It got so bad the UIL issued a warning letter. You can look it up.  :P

I remember that.

Well, I know for a fact that Kelly tried to recruit my cousin who plays for a local school, so somebody is doing some illegal things there.

How could schools like st.pius get football players from far away as the bahamas without recruiting? How did they find these kids in the first place? Did the kids approach them about playing? Did their parents move with them? Did the parents pay for their own relocation? Any opinions? Are they both in TAPPS?

well you can talk all day about Pius recruiting i dont think anyone will stop you there. in my opinion pius has always been a crooked school in everything they did but of course that might be a little skewed do to my intense hatred of everything about that school. they most likely do some major recruiting if they get people from the bahamas and they probably pay for their tuition and find a wealthy family to support the kid until he gets picked up by a college but once again this does not mean they are giving anybody money, they are "assisting" in tuition.. but all i know for sure is kelly does not pay kids to play at kelly, they pay for some to play with tuition help but kids are not getting anything on the side other than a great education.

This is too funny - Kelly doesnt recruit.  TAPPS rules prohibit affiliated schools from contacting or recruiting student athletes that are currently in High School - they can legally recruit / or talk to Jr High kids.

I have first hand experience with Kelly supporters offering high school enrolled kids financial aid in an effort to recruit them to their school.  The financial assistance steps are in place to cover their behinds if they are audited by TAPPS - because they do offer financial assistance to students other than athletes. 

Im not bashing you for recruiting - you need to to compete.  Im bashing you for denying you offer financial aid to athletes - and act as if its avaliable to anyone on an equal access - bull.

You currently have 1 player I know of who's father offers financial aid to football players to enhance his own sons team and opportunities.

Kelly offers scholarships / financial aid to athletes  - fact.

Kelly offers scholarships / financial aid to athletes  - fact.[/i

MKCHS offers financial aid to anyone who wants to come to Kelly and may need the bucks--

now, giving financial aid to a ballplayer just to get him here...I am 100% against it!

I'd rather go 0-10.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder