Hull-Daisetta vs Deweyville

H-D BOBCAT 55

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Deweyville or Hull-Daisetta?

• Deweyville
    • Hull-Daisetta

This game could potentially be the District Championship. DV looked good vs Legacy. HD has been showcasing some young talent the last two games. Should be a good game. Who you got? 

HD 32

DV 18 

DCTF Computer Rankings (93 schools)
2A-DII
22. Hull-Daisetta
55. Evadale
59. Deweyville
74. Colmesneil
83. Sabine Pass
84. Burkeville
93. High Island

34 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Could go either way in my opinion. HD by a couple of points (but I'd rather see Deweyville win). 

DV has some talent. HD’s future is very bright, so many young under class man with talent. HD is getting better every week, they have some kids (about 5) that are Sophomores and could start at 3A&4A schools. DV won’t lay down, especially playing in DV, they always scrappy. 

Bobcats win this game handily if they don’t get dominated in the trenches. DV is bigger, stronger and more experienced across both OL/DL. If HD can hold their own and get their playmakers some space, it’ll be a track meet that DV can’t compete in. If the Pirates do control the line of scrimmage and the time of possession and turn it into a slugfest, they will come out on top. Really depends on which team is able to impose their will (and style of play) upon the other. 

My Prediction: 

Hull-Daisetta - 38

Deweyville - 18

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

There.  I edited this one to put a poll up.  This is how you need to do it in the futuure.

As you could tell I didn’t do a poll when I originally did this thread. Decided I wanted one later, sorry to put y’all out... I didn’t see a poll option on the edit, maybe my cell. Is that just an admin option once the thread is already started? Maybe next time I’ll do a poll on the initial thread during the set up. I do appreciate you adding the poll. 

I'm not the guy to talk smack but I must say...1. Deweyville is not the physically bigger team, we may have more experience on the OL but we're not bigger...and 2. The team speed goes to DV, no question. Please know, I'm not discrediting that HD has a good group but in my own opinion, we are smaller but faster. I like the grit from my team, they are a  very physical and scrappy group. Hoping it will be a great game (hopefully this storm won't hinder this potential District Championship contest....but it is 2020 y'all...lol. Good luck to my Bobcat friends.

23 minutes ago, DP#1FAN said:

They should discuss moving this game to Thursday. Potentially could get washed out Friday and the kids have missed a lot of games already.  

14 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Dang just saw Delta’s path has jogged slightly west 

Hopefully it will move east. It's still early. 

23 hours ago, DP#1FAN said:

Hull Daisetta  27

Deweyville     36

This is a great early district matchup with playoff implications. Trenches are difference in this game. Winner of this one could win district. If you don't have a team playing this week, this would be a good one to come watch. Deweyville's facilities are top notch.

They are...? I heard the storm got the lights, portable lighting brought in for the HD game. Heard there was a lot of damage from the storm? Should just play it at the "Swamp" Bobcat Stadium in Daisetta, one of the best natural grass stadiums in the State.