SETX Player Rankings

Cardinal 1

2 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

It probably was the same school that protested when their player left for West Brook his junior season a couple years back. Never-mind all the Beaumont kids that transferred into their program over the years. Smh...

Protested?

From my understanding all knew what that situation was about. It was all about a family thing. Both schools were aware.

No protest that I knew of.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Protested?

From my understanding all knew what that situation was about. It was all about a family thing. Both schools were aware.

No protest that I knew of.

They said he left for athletic reasons and he had to play JV his junior year.

I personally think kids should play high school sports where they live . It eliminates chasing programs and the attempts to follow coaches or programs. If a family decides to go to a private institution in search of a better education I can certainly respect that. If said transfer allows you to play for your dad that’s even better. My question would be did the academics suddenly deteriorate at said institution ? Does dad no longer coach where the young man attended school? Has anything changed at the UIL district where the player resides ? I personally don’t care one way or the other but I can see where there would be questions. I will say it was a lot more fun watching HF last year than it has been in the past few years. 

25 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I imagine every transfer is scrutinized these days.

Only HF it seems. There has been others, but it does look as if some want to control the flow of talent only to specific schools in the district. They have no problem with kids leaving HF to go to other schools, just when they come back apparently lol. 

18 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I personally think kids should play high school sports where they live . It eliminates chasing programs and the attempts to follow coaches or programs. If a family decides to go to a private institution in search of a better education I can certainly respect that. If said transfer allows you to play for your dad that’s even better. My question would be did the academics suddenly deteriorate at said institution ? Does dad no longer coach where the young man attended school? Has anything changed at the UIL district where the player resides ? I personally don’t care one way or the other but I can see where there would be questions. I will say it was a lot more fun watching HF last year than it has been in the past few years. 

Tekoa Academy is a STEM school. Maybe he decided that wasn't the route he wanted to take. Whatever reason was given shouldn't have been challenged in my view as it's a private charter school, not an ISD one. That reason alone should be good enough. More opportunities and programs 

35 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

It probably was the same school that protested when their player left for West Brook his junior season a couple years back. Never-mind all the Beaumont kids that transferred into their program over the years. Smh...

Did he transfer for athletic purposes? If so and the incoming district recognized it the rule worked as intended. 

9 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Tekoa Academy is a STEM school. Maybe he decided that wasn't the route he wanted to take. Whatever reason was given shouldn't have been challenged in my view as it's a private charter school, not an ISD one. That reason alone should be good enough. More opportunities and programs 

If the opportunities and programs haven’t changed it sure leads one to believe that the move was made for athletic purposes which is the reason for the rule. I hope for the young mans sake this is resolved quickly where he can concentrate on his game. I’m sure he just wants play ball. 

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

If the opportunities and programs haven’t changed it sure leads one to believe that the move was made for athletic purposes which is the reason for the rule. I hope for the young mans sake this is resolved quickly where he can concentrate on his game. I’m sure he just wants play ball. 

Why would any coach want to keep a kid in his program that wants to leave? And why would any coach try and make it hard on that kid to play at the school he's going to? The crazy thing is that said coach would take a transfer irregardless of the reason for moving, especially if the kid can really play.

15 minutes ago, whsalum said:

The opportunities could exactly be the reason he changed lol. It's a STEM school as in Science, technology, engineering, and math. Smh Who are we to say that he decided to leave because he didn't want to go into those fields? Seems like there's some real homers in here lmbo!

2 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Everyone sees the trend, why else did he transfer to Fannett?? His dad  was coaching him by the way talk talk , why wouldn’t you want to be coach by ur dad?? Also  Fannett wouldn’t have been good if they didn’t have the 2 moves in last year, the have 4 in less than a year just doesn’t add up go me. 

Yeah but if you're his dad and have been to back to back state title games, why would you give up your best player? Also your question of why wouldn't you want to be coached by your dad raise another tell that he didn't leave for athletic reasons because why wouldn't a kid want to be coached by his dad who he'shad success under. Good question my friend. You keep bringing up other players and what HF might be doing. That has nothing to do with this kid as he is from HF and a former student. The others weren't. Seems as if he's being judge unfairly based on the actions of others. 

16 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Nah I’m saying they are seeing a trend guys coming to Fannett from getting recruited that’s athletic reasons. 

That's an assumption, but programs begin to have success always when a good coach shows up. Let's not act like other programs don't have transfers. HJ and East Chambers do it frequently, but no one says anything. It seems like some folks are targeting the HF coach and a kid got caught in the middle. I'm waiting to see if anyone knows the answer to my question about the Huffman player and the superintendent. If that's his son or relative, it would show some bias on his part as Huffman has been basketball kings if this district. Now you drop HJ and HF in it and that title is at stake now. Just seems fishy to me