SETX Player Rankings

Cardinal 1

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So, it's about athletics when these kids transfer.

Thank you for that information.

It's always been in most cases. Who's fooling themselves and believing the lies told to get them in is anything else. In this era scholarships are not earned during school ball anymore because the level of competition isn't always what translates to a college programs needs or what type of competition a kid plays against. Basketball has Summer ball that generates more scholarships than school ball has ever since AAU has been around. All sports have there circuits and that's where the colleges look 1st. They may speak to the Highschool coaches before offering to ask a few questions sometimes but the mostly asked question is: Hows his grades? 

So are we really suggesting that all of HJ players are from sour lake? 😂 HF has one player from Beaumont that transferred and he had to play JV. Their two main players last year are from cheeks which is a Beaumont address but zoned for HF. The kid they are getting this year is also from Cheeks and was going to a charter school where his dad worked. The problem is it looks as if some folks are crying foul because they know that's what their school does. HF simply hired a coach that caused the a few of the school's basketball talent to come home. If they're zoned for HF how the heck is that recruiting?

9 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

So are we really suggesting that all of HJ players are from sour lake? 😂 HF has one player from Beaumont that transferred and he had to play JV. Their two main players last year are from cheeks which is a Beaumont address but zoned for HF. The kid they are getting this year is also from Cheeks and was going to a charter school where his dad worked. The problem is it looks as if some folks are crying foul because they know that's what their school does. HF simply hired a coach that caused the a few of the school's basketball talent to come home. If they're zoned for HF how the heck is that recruiting?

I thought Cheek was in HJ district.

10 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HJ has ONE player in their top ten that did not begin their careers as freshmen at HJ

19 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Nobody believes this BS.  Those are all bmt kids.  They all play for SBG.  Coach was with SBG.  Recruit all you want, but you'll still get third behind HJ and Huffman.

2 hours ago, Zebra101 said:

Nobody believes this BS.  Those are all bmt kids.  They all play for SBG.  Coach was with SBG.  Recruit all you want, but you'll still get third behind HJ and Huffman.

Let the kids go where they want and if your serious about your kid playing at the next level then hopefully hes not a senior and find the right summer team to try and get on cause he will get more looks that way unless your Highschool makes a run in the playoffs or has a kid on the team being recognized by college coaches and he plays well while there watching.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 7:05 PM, Zebra101 said:

LOL! SBG practices at HJ facilities! The organization head is a coach at HJ! lol The coach of SBG is from Houston and is the head coach at a 6a school out there. What the heck are you talking about? SBG is HJ kids bro. they may have a few from other schools, but they are HJ kids mostly. Clay Davis Jr. plays for SBG LMBO!

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe it was the DEC

If it was the DEC and he has proof that has lived in the district and was just going to a charter school, then why would the UIL not overturn it on appeals? Seems like a waste of time from some coward and scared schools in the district to me. I'm going see if I can find out what happened. Sounds like some back alley politics went on with that DEC vote. Lol

11 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

For what reason?...Thought he was from a private school in PA somewhere and lived in Cheeks somewhere?

I would like to know as well because if it went to DEC that means H-F ISD and it's superintendent put their reputations on the line and I don't think Dr. Augustine would do that if he didn't have factual evidence to counter the accusation, he's a stand up guy and well respected. That would mean some folks from those districts called him a liar. That's interesting

30 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

If it was the DEC and he has proof that has lived in the district and was just going to a charter school, then why would the UIL not overturn it on appeals? Seems like a waste of time from some coward and scared schools in the district to me. I'm going see if I can find out what happened. Sounds like some back alley politics went on with that DEC vote. Lol

From my understanding it was the DEC. If so, then an appeal can be made to the UIL.

But, from my experience with appeals, UIL rarely goes against the DEC rulings. UIL wants the DEC's to govern those type things.

2 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I would like to know as well because if it went to DEC that means H-F ISD and it's superintendent put their reputations on the line and I don't think Dr. Augustine would do that if he didn't have factual evidence to counter the accusation, he's a stand up guy and well respected. That would mean some folks from those districts called him a liar. That's interesting

Friend, you seem to have a better understanding of this than me.  I don't even know what a dec is and I for sure don't know how the heck a dec works.  I always feel for the young men in these sitautions.  Can he go back to his old school or is his career just over.  Also, what do you mean by back alley politics?  I feel mighty ignorant and might curious.

2 minutes ago, Elvis Presley said:

Friend, you seem to have a better understanding of this than me.  I don't even know what a dec is and I for sure don't know how the heck a dec works.  I always feel for the young men in these sitautions.  Can he go back to his old school or is his career just over.  Also, what do you mean by back alley politics?  I feel mighty ignorant and might curious.

The DEC is the District Executive Committee for each district. It's repped by all the schools AD's and Sups that are in the district. They rule on eligibility issues among other things.

The young man can go back to Tekoa Academy or even try to enroll at another school. He is a junior and could opt to play JV at Hamshire-Fannett and then play his senior year.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The DEC is the District Executive Committee for each district. It's repped by all the schools AD's and Sups that are in the district. They rule on eligibility issues among other things.

The young man can go back to Tekoa Academy or even try to enroll at another school. He is a junior and could opt to play JV at Hamshire-Fannett and then play his senior year.

Someone said told me he actually resides in B.I.S D district and could possibly attend West Brook cause that would be his zoned school. The parents chose HF because it had an open enrollment. Would it be possible for him to attend there(West Brook) and be eligible?

3 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

Someone said told me he actually resides in B.I.S D district and could possibly attend West Brook cause that would be his zoned school. The parents chose HF because it had an open enrollment. Would it be possible for him to attend there(West Brook) and be eligible?

Who said that? He lives in Cheeks, that I know.

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I heard they challenge coming for athletic purposes, not his residency. That means they actually voted against a kid who lives in the district who is coming from a private charter school on the reason he left the charter to come to his zoned school. That's just silly and very suspicious honestly 

4 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

Someone said told me he actually resides in B.I.S D district and could possibly attend West Brook cause that would be his zoned school. The parents chose HF because it had an open enrollment. Would it be possible for him to attend there(West Brook) and be 

Just now, Hooohead.com said:

If he is or isn't a residence of Cheeks then all they can do is appeal to UIL and hope for the best. I hate it for the kid tho. Never been in the situation with my daughter but I do know UIL doesnt like stepping on the toes of DEC. There in a place where you scratch my back and I'll have yours.