SETX Player Rankings

Cardinal 1

On 9/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

Teams lose to better teams, how a player plays against those teams tells who they are. Scoring 39 against West Hardin and 26 against Lumberton in a losing effort isn't a reflection on the player at all. He's there because of his state ranking in his class and previous two years. He's joining a team that has talent this year. Dorsey was the starting PG for HF and if anyone saw him play, they would know he's legit. Anyway that was my list and opinion, which I figure would have others post theirs so that folks could see every player in the area. 

I've never seen a Takoa game but if this kid is so highly rated then I bet memorials coaches wish he would play there.  Now that I think about it why would any good player go to a tiny school like that?

11 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

I've never seen a Takoa game but if this kid is so highly rated then I bet memorials coaches wish he would play there.  Now that I think about it why would any good player go to a tiny school like that?

Wouldn't he have to attend a Port Arthur school? I know many had a problem with some of the new players HF brought in last year, this seems like another one of those cases.

6 hours ago, bballfan342 said:

Wouldn't he have to attend a Port Arthur school? I know many had a problem with some of the new players HF brought in last year, this seems like another one of those cases.

He's not from PA,Tekoa is a charter school that his dad works at. From I've been told they live in cheeks, him and his brother and sister where going to Tekoa because of their dad.

6 hours ago, bballfan342 said:

I never got why that makes people mad.  If a player wants to go to a new school he should.  That's noone elses business.  Who cares if Hampshire Fannett gets a couple transfers?!!

3 minutes ago, Elvis Presley said:

I never got why that makes people mad.  If a player wants to go to a new school he should.  That's noone elses business.  Who cares if Hampshire Fannett gets a couple transfers?!!

Because some coaches enjoy only having to coach against scrubs in district with 1 or 2 good teams. 

4 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

Because some think only their school should benefit from transfers. 

33 minutes ago, Elvis Presley said:

What schools are you talking about

I’m not going to engage in calling out schools like some have done on this site.  Let’s just say that “go west, young man” takes on new meaning for some of Beaumont’s hoopers over the years.  And by west, that includes southwest, northwest, heck even north.  There are plenty that have benefited.  

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I’m not going to engage in calling out schools like some have done on this site.  Let’s just say that “go west, young man” takes on new meaning for some of Beaumont’s hoopers over the years.  And by west, that includes southwest, northwest, heck even north.  There are plenty that have benefited.  

Haha my daddy used to tear my butt up when I gave him the old well so and so was doing it excuse so I can't agree with you logic there!  I still say let the boys play.  I find it hard to believe any of these coaches would risk there jobs over teenagers.

22 minutes ago, Elvis Presley said:

Haha my daddy used to tear my butt up when I gave him the old well so and so was doing it excuse so I can't agree with you logic there!  I still say let the boys play.  I find it hard to believe any of these coaches would risk there jobs over teenagers.

There’s no logic to it.  I’m saying that many of those who have a problem with HF’s recent successes are “do as I say, not as I do” folks.  Everyone that knows me on here knows I am a “let them play guy.”  Education is a parental decision and if it ain’t my kid, ain’t my business. 

3 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Fannett and Huffman will be battling it out for district ship this year!!!! Both teams will be loaded!!

Don't forget about HJ, they would be my favorite to win that district. Should be some great first round matchups in the playoffs between those 3 teams and the Silsbee/Lumberton district. 

2 hours ago, bballfan342 said:

Don't forget about HJ, they would be my favorite to win that district. Should be some great first round matchups in the playoffs between those 3 teams and the Silsbee/Lumberton district. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hardin-Jefferson is the favorite to win that district.

Agreed.  They may be the favorite to win the region, depending on what kind of roster Yates has.  I’m sure Coach Wise had some salary cap space open up due to all the graduates but seems like Hightower is cramping Yates’ style this year. 

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

There’s no logic to it.  I’m saying that many of those who have a problem with HF’s recent successes are “do as I say, not as I do” folks.  Everyone that knows me on here knows I am a “let them play guy.”  Education is a parental decision and if it ain’t my kid, ain’t my business. 

HF’s recent successes are a 4th place finish in a 7 team district. Stop the presses folks a new dynasty has been started. I personally don’t care who plays where but lord let’s not induct anyone into the Hall of fame here.

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

HF’s recent successes are a 4th place finish in a 7 team district. Stop the presses folks a new dynasty has been started. I personally don’t care who plays where but lord let’s not induct anyone into the Hall of fame here.

C’mon.  Beat silsbee and HJ in the same season the with the best player on campus on JV.  People were laughing before the season when some of us were saying that hire was a game changer.  They weren’t laughing anymore when they took that L.  I understand they took 4th in a district that was very strong.  They won 25 games which was more than the previous 6 seasons combined.  Then they beat a very strong 30-3 Huffman team no one gave them a shot against in bi-district.  So to downplay it as merely a 4th place finish in a 7 team district is either disingenuous, woefully uninformed, or perhaps a little more concerned about who plays where than one would lead others  to believe.  In any event, stay tuned.  They’re just getting started.  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

C’mon.  Beat silsbee and HJ in the same season the with the best player on campus on JV.  People were laughing before the season when some of us were saying that hire was a game changer.  They weren’t laughing anymore when they took that L.  I understand they took 4th in a district that was very strong.  They won 25 games which was more than the previous 6 seasons combined.  Then they beat a very strong 30-3 Huffman team no one gave them a shot against in bi-district.  So to downplay it as merely a 4th place finish in a 7 team district is either disingenuous, woefully uninformed, or perhaps a little more concerned about who plays where than one would lead others  to believe.  In any event, stay tuned.  They’re just getting started.  

What games did Fannett lose in district last year ?

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They beat HJ in Fannett with HJ’s best player on the sidelines with a boot on his foot. I’ve watched a lot of basketball over the Last 60+ years so I’d like to think I’m somewhat informed. HF is definitely better than they have been in several years but that doesn’t change the fact that they did finish 4th in the district. I just ain’t convinced we should have them cutting down the nets just yet.