SETX Player Rankings

Cardinal 1

15 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Fannett had success last year because of 2 move ins showed up after the coach got hired.

Not my arguement at all as I don't know their situation or reasons why they came. I know one was a park baller from what I was told and never played for any school. I'm on why a kid who is from the district was denied. He has nothing to do with kids moving into the district from Beaumont. He's from there and should have the right to play for his zoned school. So again what I'm seeing is he's being punished for the actions of others

Those of you making a totality of the circumstances argument (I.e., they’ve had too many transfers and we are going to put a stop to it), kindly remove your heads from your behinds so you can breathe.  IF what is being represented here is true (the kid lives in HFISD and is transferring from Tekoa to HF...private school to his zoned public school), then the DEC absolutely butchered this one.

I have no independent knowledge of this particular kid so that’s why I say “if.”  But again, “if” that is true and the DEC voted against this kid based on what they believe may be occurring at HF, despite the evidence for this kid to the contrary, they should be very, very ashamed of themselves.   And maybe reflect on why they got into the profession in the first place.  Just sayin...

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

So let me get this right. Folks are actually insinuating that no other basketball program in that district has players that transferred in? Or any good basketball program for that matter?

I don’t think anyone is insinuating that. This rule doesn’t apply to only certain schools. Every team in every district has the same options . The rule is pretty well cut and dry. Students can’t transfer for athletic purposes. If there’s an issue with that do away with the rule. 

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

I don’t think anyone is insinuating that. This rule doesn’t apply to only certain schools. Every team in every district has the same options . The rule is pretty well cut and dry. Students can’t transfer for athletic purposes. If there’s an issue with that do away with the rule. 

But how do you prove that a kid that has lived in your district but went to private school is returning to the district is for athletic purposes? How is that possible unless the ISD school is now academic performance school which I don't think HF is. Correct me if I'm wrong. I mean all I've read from folks is the rule that shouldn't apply here to this particular player. Maybe to the others, but not here.

1 minute ago, Zebra101 said:

His daddy been telling people for over a year that he was goin to Fannett to play for Tigee.  Thats why it's seen as an athletic move.  

So if his dad has said for over a year that he was going HF and Tigee only been there since last school year, then that means the decision was already made before last season right? 

1 minute ago, Cardinal 1 said:

But how do you prove that a kid that has lived in your district but went to private school is returning to the district is for athletic purposes? How is that possible unless the ISD school is now academic performance school which I don't think HF is. Correct me if I'm wrong. I mean all I've read from folks is the rule that shouldn't apply here to this particular player. Maybe to the others, but not here.

What’s worse, the DEC is saying that if your kid wants to play varsity athletics, he has to go to private school.   There is not even a public school option for him.  This can’t be right.  And if so, may be the dumbest DEC decision I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen some pretty idiotic ones.  

3 minutes ago, Zebra101 said:

His daddy been telling people for over a year that he was goin to Fannett to play for Tigee.  Thats why it's seen as an athletic move.  

Also his dad a coach right? Wouldn't he talk to the new head coach prior to his son moving the following year to get to know him? 

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

What’s worse, the DEC is saying that if your kid wants to play varsity athletics, he has to go to private school.   There is not even a public school option for him.  This can’t be right.  And if so, may be the dumbest DEC decision I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen some pretty idiotic ones.  

That's all I'm saying in this instance. They may have an argument for the others as one played JV due to UIL rules, but denying a kid coming from a private school to the school he's zoned to is a head scratcher to me and all I'm getting is "the trend" which is understandable if he was coming from another ISD school or just moving into the district but that's not the case at all

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

I wouldn’t think the UIL would have any control over an athlete leaving a UIL school going to a private academy. 

I don't think the UIL will have a problem with a kid going from a private school to the school they pay taxes at, but apparently so of the admins on the DEC of that district is hoping they do Lmbo! I hope they appeal and win. If so those district games are going to be very heated with some bad casualties lol

1 minute ago, Elvis Presley said:

Cardinal1 is on top of this thing!!  You should get with the boys family and represent them as they try to make this right.  Maybe Tx hoops could be part of your team too!  Heard he's a heck of a attorney!

If you notice I'm just repeating the same facts, but getting different answers from the same folks. That means they know this sounds fishy and just don't want to admit it lol

Im not going to lie. I'm not a fan of a couple fo the schools involved if that's not evident already lol. I think it was either Huffman or HJ that did this as HF is the only other team in that district that cam challenge them for the title and seeing that Huffman's superintendent may have a son or relative on the team makes it even more telling to the bias. They run that district 

5 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I would be willing to bet my entire paycheck that if he was a trash player or irrelevant on the scene, no one would say a thing. Just like they didn't challenge the transfer of HFs leading scorer last year because he was an unknown that hadn't played organized basketball before. Now all of a sudden he's relevant to the argument because he turn out to be coachable and athletic. Smh

He was there leading scorer?

7 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

He was there leading scorer?

Yes the kid that was their leading scorer and made 1st team all district had never played school ball before lol. He was a straight up park baller who only organized basketball experience was from summer league ball. That's actually scary. This kid is just learning how to play basketball and was first team all district 

5 hours ago, whsalum said:

I personally think kids should play high school sports where they live . It eliminates chasing programs and the attempts to follow coaches or programs. If a family decides to go to a private institution in search of a better education I can certainly respect that. If said transfer allows you to play for your dad that’s even better. My question would be did the academics suddenly deteriorate at said institution ? Does dad no longer coach where the young man attended school? Has anything changed at the UIL district where the player resides ? I personally don’t care one way or the other but I can see where there would be questions. I will say it was a lot more fun watching HF last year than it has been in the past few years. 

Dad was coach there but as far as Ie heard  Dad doesnt Coach there anymore.

14 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

He's still there. 

Still a Coach there or educator? Cause if my daughter wanted to play for me fine but if I wasnt a Coach anymore and wanted to attend school in the neighborhood where we reside i would understand that also. Just happens to have a new Coach there and has had instant success so now it looks as if it's a recruiting hotbed. Maybe the parent needs to talk to Coach Wise I think is his name at Yates Highschool...He gets it done and puts the Hammer on schools from this way unless its Silsbee of the past couple years or so.Ask HJ...they got hammered lastyear by the Boys from the Tre.....Carry On.

The Big Question is....if the U.I.L upholds the decision of the DEC and the kid is deemed ineligible to play Varsity at HF does he leave to go play elsewhere or does he stay and play JV and wait for Sr. year to do so? Cause if he leaves it was for athletics from my thinking but if not then he will get to play for the zoned school on Varsity 1 year. Either way he gets to play for zoned school with 1 year as a JV player  and 1 as a Varsity player. And as I said in earlier post if playing scholarships that comes thru AAU ball. 

Ok first off I can see where all these rumors are coming from now and why my son was denied. This absolutely disgusting what I'm reading. For the record my son was purely denied based on transfering for athletic purposes even though letters from myself, my wife, my wife, and his previous schools administrators stating why he left. My son is a 4.0 gpa honor society student who wanted to leave Tekoa because it is a STEM school and he wasn't interested in those fields of study like my other two children who also attended there, my oldest graduating with a scholarship from Motiva to attend Lamar. Jailan did not want to go to school for STEM and that is all Tekoa Academy offers. We do not have the same processes of other high schools as the schedules and curriculum is preset and students do not get to choose their classes or career paths. Jailan wanted to go where he had access to a guidance counselor that would introduce him to other academic options as like I said he's a true honor student!  He wanted to be a high school that has school dances, home coming, and prom. He wanted the normal high school experience that my oldest son didnt care for. All this was presented to the DEC along with family history as my both my sons attend HF elementary and my wife and I worked for the transportation department. HF has graduated 3 of my nephews and a niece as recently as last year and currently has my great niece and nephew at the high school and their siblings at the middle school! My oldest son is the one of only two grandchild to NOT GRADUATE FROM HAMPSHIRE FANNETT as my other nephew graduated from George Ranch in Katy. We have live in Cheeks for 14 years, my family owns 5 acres out there that we all live on!!! Stop with the BS rumors and false narratives about my family and son. Huffman, Splendora, Livingston, and Shepherd all voted against my son HJ and Liberty voted in favor of him. It was a collaborate effort between these schools administrators I know it as we had all the proof and they ONLY HAD RUMORS. The papf nor our residency was questioned. I was simply asked about a dang FB post between and another parent about basketball and being asked where my son was going. That was Huffman's proof and was asked about my son playing on an AAU team that he's been on since 7th grade and trains out of HJ! This summer for the first time a HF player was on the team and I was questioned about that one player. Not that 6 players were from HJ and that they practice at HJ facilities or that Clay Davis Jr plays on that team. My son knows Clay Davis and the HJ staff and players just as if he played there. But we had already filed our paperwork for him to attend HF early summer so who he played with in July shouldnt have matter because he was already going to HF. I had made the decision for him to attend HF prior to his sophmore year, didnt move him last year because of his advance math class that I wanted him to take from my colleague and mentor at Tekoa. I am an educator first always! I teach math as well as my wife who teaches in BISD. We hold out children to a high academic standard as all 3 hold a 3.8 gpa or higher. Currently my daughter is a freshman at Tekoa and a freshman at Lamar State College taking 3 classes. Yeah my kids nice like that! So all this bull crap about basketball and athletics needs to stop now! My son works his butt off both in the classroom and on the court to be the best he can be. The notion that he is just some basketball athlete trying to get over or by is insulting to me and my family! We are definitely appealing this decision purely on the principle that I, my wife, my son, and my administration at Tekoa were flat out called liars and dishonest! They also called Dr. Augustine a liar who did a complete background search on my family and went by our home in Cheeks. We had all the documentation and presented it. They call us liars to our face! This will not go away or stand! I refuse to have my family called fraudulent and liars. The administration at Tekoa Academy are extremely upset that they were called liars! So for the little spies and agents that these coward schools have in these forums, RUN TELL THAT! Yes your district "leaders" ignored documents and facts and instead went along with rumors and "heard through the grapevine" news. And yes these people actually used that terminology when asking me questions. They "heard through the grapevine" so their entire case was based on rumors and we had facts!!!! I'm assuming this little forum is part of their "grapevine" as I'm reading some of the same crap that was presented to me.

Once again we are from Cheeks, I work at Tekoa Academy, my children attend Tekoa, my son wanted to go to HF to look at other programs so my wife and I let him period!! They are attempting to rob my son of his junior year of varsity basketball behind personal feelings and stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with my son. My son has nothing to do with the other players there from last year or how they got there. HF is his home school, its were his family has recently been graduating from and where his cousins are currently at! 

Now once again GO RUN TELL THAT!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Still a Coach there or educator? Cause if my daughter wanted to play for me fine but if I wasnt a Coach anymore and wanted to attend school in the neighborhood where we reside i would understand that also. Just happens to have a new Coach there and has had instant success so now it looks as if it's a recruiting hotbed. Maybe the parent needs to talk to Coach Wise I think is his name at Yates Highschool...He gets it done and puts the Hammer on schools from this way unless its Silsbee of the past couple years or so.Ask HJ...they got hammered lastyear by the Boys from the Tre.....Carry On.

Yes I'm still the coach there. Why the heck wouldn't I be! Yes I gave up my son and best player in the entire TCAL conference! Why? Because my children's education is most important to me and my wife. I'm a father first not a dang coach!