Minneapolis

NetCat

I will say this: I've worked in a police type environment.. I speak in the past tense because I retired at the end of May.  I miss it, but gotta move on.  I would be remiss if I did not say that I have had police officers help me, white police officers at that.   I am in agreement with Romans 13.  God ordained  LE.  If there wasn't some type of restraint society would be in total chaos.  

Police have a hard job.  I had a chance to become an officer once.  But I know me.  I'd be sitting in prison right now for over reacting & blowing somebody away.   So, I salute what police do.  

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I am tired of this topic.  Nothing will really change.  The things like what happened to GF happen just about everyday, every night.  All I can say is do what's right, be wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove.  Stay prayed up.  Racism is a subset of evil. Satan is not about to let one of his prized tools of destruction fall by the wayside.  When he is destroyed evil will be totally destroyed.  As for GF and his short comings, dude is dead. He paid the ultimate price.  He can't feel.  Kicking him around now is a waste of time.

Hey, 

I don’t think that you’re racist. I think that you’re wary. If I tune into Rush, Hannity, and Mark Levin all afternoon every day, I’m gonna end up believing that the sky is falling and a Democrat is responsible.  

I think that you’re a smart guy, and think that you believe in God’s plan of salvation. I also think that it’s possible that you or someone that you love has experienced the the type of racism that southeast Texas was famous for. 

But if I think that somebody mistakenly sees evil where it doesn’t exist, or at least not at the levels that “they” would have us believe, it’s my obligation to show them that things aren’t as bad as “they” say. 

I feel sympathy for you if you believe that what happened to Mr Floyd happens “just about everyday, every night.” Because it doesn’t.Please notice that everyone here has agreed that what happened to Mr Floyd shouldn’t happen to anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I will say this: I've worked in a police type environment.. I speak in the past tense because I retired at the end of May.  I miss it, but gotta move on.  I would be remiss if I did not say that I have had police officers help me, white police officers at that.   I am in agreement with Romans 13.  God ordained  LE.  If there wasn't some type of restraint society would be in total chaos.  

Police have a hard job.  I had a chance to become an officer once.  But I know me.  I'd be sitting in prison right now for over reacting & blowing somebody away.   So, I salute what police do.  

I thought about becoming one when I was a kid, but I LOVED street racing too much... and I haven’t done that in years. But like you, I don’t think I could have survived in today’s world. I had lunch with two former LEOs in February (these are guys in their 50s) and both agreed that they would go to jail now if they policed the way that they did in the 80s and 90s. Things have changed, and they’ve gotten a lot better. 

The majority of teachers and nurses sign up because they want to help people. Same with cops. There are some bad apples who are in it for the power trip, though. What’s scary is that all of the drama going on these days isn’t scaring the power trippers from signing up, it’s preventing the ones that want to help for signing up. That just leaves you with the bad cops. I’ve got two sons that are in their early 20s, and I would strongly recommend to both of them to avoid police work because there’s no upside to the profession any more. Even though policing has gotten better, public perception has deteriorated to the point that LEOs are hated by half of the community. 

Race & racism is just one thing to be wary of.  Evil is colorblind.  it permeates every color and culture.  Someone who will sell drugs to you so that you will get hooked and they can make a profit is not your brother or friend.  Also many black people intrinsically know that the life of another black person is relatively cheap.   So, they can take you out, for whatever reason, and they get locked up.  Get out early for good behavior.  Meanwhile you are gone. The bullet didn't care what the color of the finger was that pulled the trigger.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Sure he did, if any other cop on the force had arrested Mr. Floyd besides Chauvin, I’m pretty sure he would be alive today.

that is your opinion and but can you prove it?

they are going have to prove the use of force caused the death and not all the drugs and heart condition he already had.

i don't see them getting a conviction on the murder charge. 

7 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

that is your opinion and but can you prove it?

they are going have to prove the use of force caused the death and not all the drugs and heart condition he already had.

i don't see them getting a conviction on the murder charge. 

So let me ask this, after seeing the video, do you feel like Chauvin had anything to do with Floyd’s death?  

1 hour ago, THE DUDE said:

or did he? 

This is the hidden content, please

All I can say is wow. Why even do an autopsy if no one believes it. Even Floyd's family and lawyers were behind releasing this info. Fentanyl.....WOW. One of the most deadly drugs out there. Someone got busted a while back with enough fentanyl to exterminate New Jersey. That’s pretty deadly.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

A possible blm / Geo Floyd rally in Vidor?   Nah.  Just the idea is way out there.  What will 2020 come up with next.

that would be like the KKK having a march downtown PA or BMT.

legal yes, smart no

these groups will keep picking a fight they can't win then they will expect the police to come in and save them.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So let me ask this, after seeing the video, do you feel like Chauvin had anything to do with Floyd’s death?  

chauvin was in the wrong for what he did we can agree on that.

did his action kill GF?  nothing i saw on the video gives me proof that it did.

GF had a lot of things going on that day.

to single out a knee to the back of the neck as the cause of death is going to be hard.

did i miss something? do you have proof the knee would be the cause of death?

4 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

chauvin was in the wrong for what he did we can agree on that.

did his action kill GF?  nothing i saw on the video gives me proof that it did.

GF had a lot of things going on that day.

to single out a knee to the back of the neck as the cause of death is going to be hard.

did i miss something? do you have proof the knee would be the cause of death?

The only proof I have is that he died after this incident...coincidence?

Let me ask another, if this video was of your grandfather and he had a heart condition, when the autopsy came out would you simply say, ah, pops had a heart condition so even though I don’t agree with his methods, I can’t really blame this cop for his death.

Simply looking for a yes or no.

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s possible. It’s also possible that mr Floyd would have died regardless. We just don’t know based on the evidence provided.  

I guess it is possible that it was Floyd’s time to go right after this cop kept his knee on his neck for an extended period.

9 hours ago, baddog said:

All I can say is wow. Why even do an autopsy if no one believes it. Even Floyd's family and lawyers were behind releasing this info. Fentanyl.....WOW. One of the most deadly drugs out there. Someone got busted a while back with enough fentanyl to exterminate New Jersey. That’s pretty deadly.

So you think he would have most likely died on the scene without Chauvin helping out?

I guess I could say why even video a murder if no one is going to believe it.

34 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I guess I could say why even video a murder if no one is going to believe it.

First off, whether what you witnessed a murder is up for investigation, prosecution, and possibly conviction. 

To answer your question... if my grandfather is having a heart attack while being arrested, then no, being handcuffed and restrained didn’t kill Pop-pop. Did the police have an obligation to get off of his back and check on him? Absolutely. Do I feel like the officer’s behavior should result in criminal punishment? Certainly. Do I believe that the officer killed grandpa? Nope... because he didn’t. 

We live in an era where you can drive to the snow cone stand and tragically back over our own child with our own vehicle and sue Ford Motor Company.... we’ve become masters at assigning blame where none (or little) lies. 

How is Mr Crump going to be paid for his services? Did Mr Floyd’s family pay a hefty retainer to secure the services of the most prolific attorney representing the deceased and their families after these events? He doesn’t get paid unless the family gets paid. The police HAVE to be responsible or the family and the attorneys (and “independent” medical examiner) go home broke. I knew what Mr Crump and his hired ME were going to say before any evidence was released. I was just hoping they there would be some physical evidence to bolster their claims... but there hasn’t been. 
On the other hand, I feel like it’s the same thing that the first two prosecutors in the Arbery case in Georgia were doing, too. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

First off, whether what you witnessed a murder is up for investigation, prosecution, and possibly conviction. 

To answer your question... if my grandfather is having a heart attack while being arrested, then no, being handcuffed and restrained didn’t kill Pop-pop. Did the police have an obligation to get off of his back and check on him? Absolutely. Do I feel like the officer’s behavior should result in criminal punishment? Certainly. Do I believe that the officer killed grandpa? Nope... because he didn’t. 

We live in an era where you can drive to the snow cone stand and tragically back over our own child with our own vehicle and sue Ford Motor Company.... we’ve become masters at assigning blame where none (or little) lies. 

How is Mr Crump going to be paid for his services? Did Mr Floyd’s family pay a hefty retainer to secure the services of the most prolific attorney representing the deceased and their families after these events? He doesn’t get paid unless the family gets paid. The police HAVE to be responsible or the family and the attorneys (and “independent” medical examiner) go home broke. I knew what Mr Crump and his hired ME were going to say before any evidence was released. I was just hoping they there would be some physical evidence to bolster their claims... but there hasn’t been. 
On the other hand, I feel like it’s the same thing that the first two prosecutors in the Arbery case in Georgia were doing, too. 

Couldn’t disagree more with your statements in bold, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree. If not for Chauvin‘s actions, Floyd would still be alive...can’t prove that at all but believe it 100%.

33 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The only proof I have is that he died after this incident...coincidence?

Let me ask another, if this video was of your grandfather and he had a heart condition, when the autopsy came out would you simply say, ah, pops had a heart condition so even though I don’t agree with his methods, I can’t really blame this cop for his death.

Simply looking for a yes or no.

i guess you over looked how many/much drugs GF had in his system?

plus GF had covid 19 and we all know how deadly that is.........

maybe those cops need to sue GF family for him exposing them to covid 19. they could die from that or have lung damage.

that is your problem along with many others. you are too emotionally attached to make unbiased decisions.

all i am saying is don't be surprised if they are not found guilty of murder.

was GF having shortness of breath due to his heart condition, drugs, covid 19, knee to the neck or all the above?

i don't  think putting a knee to the back of GF neck is right but the same actions done to a health person would not of caused their death. 

11 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

i guess you over looked how many/much drugs GF had in his system?

plus GF had covid 19 and we all know how deadly that is.........

maybe those cops need to sue GF family for him exposing them to covid 19. they could die from that or have lung damage.

that is your problem along with many others. you are too emotionally attached to make unbiased decisions.

all i am saying is don't be surprised if they are not found guilty of murder.

was GF having shortness of breath due to his heart condition, drugs, covid 19, knee to the neck or all the above?

i don't  think putting a knee to the back of GF neck is right but the same actions done to a health person would not of caused their death. 

Not emotionally attached, just simply watched the video.

Floyd didn’t die of covid 19, come on, man.

14 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Couldn’t disagree more with your statements in bold, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree. If not for Chauvin‘s actions, Floyd would still be alive...can’t prove that at all but believe it 100%.

Okay... by your logic if Mr Floyd ran from the scene and had a massive heart attack, the cops would still be responsible because Mr Floyd would still be alive if the police weren’t chasing him. Am I missing something?

Something I watched earlier said that Chauvin wanted to hurt Mr Floyd. That’s true, in my opinion. There’s no other reason to stay on him like that. Chauvin was feeding off of the negative reactions from bystanders. I have a feeling that the cop would have gotten up sooner if bystanders weren’t telling him to... and that’s messed up. 
I also think that Chauvin believed that the knee wasn’t endangering Mr Floyd’s life.  That confidence didn’t take into account the obvious reality that Mr Floyd was having a medical emergency. 

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not emotionally attached, just simply watched the video.

Floyd didn’t die of covid 19, come on, man.

He tested positive for it postmortem. It’s in the final autopsy report released yesterday. They made it sound like it was already resolved, though, and the autopsy didn’t mention COVID contributing to his death. 

31 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

He tested positive for it postmortem. It’s in the final autopsy report released yesterday. They made it sound like it was already resolved, though, and the autopsy didn’t mention COVID contributing to his death. 

The fact is that he was restrained in hand restraints, first aid was not rendered, he was not combative with two officer’s  having him pinned down by his lower extremities and one on his neck. Once the cuffs are on and you are flat on your stomach you are no longer a threat. Leg restraints could have been applied to place him in the vehicle. One Officer did suggest rolling him on his side. 
Four minutes without oxygen is a long time.

58 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Okay... by your logic if Mr Floyd ran from the scene and had a massive heart attack, the cops would still be responsible because Mr Floyd would still be alive if the police weren’t chasing him. Am I missing something?

Something I watched earlier said that Chauvin wanted to hurt Mr Floyd. That’s true, in my opinion. There’s no other reason to stay on him like that. Chauvin was feeding off of the negative reactions from bystanders. I have a feeling that the cop would have gotten up sooner if bystanders weren’t telling him to... and that’s messed up. 
I also think that Chauvin believed that the knee wasn’t endangering Mr Floyd’s life.  That confidence didn’t take into account the obvious reality that Mr Floyd was having a medical emergency. 

Nope

Running away = Floyd’s fault

Knee on the neck = Chauvin’s fault