UT Alum and Big girl

BS Wildcats

On 2/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, Big girl said:

White people don't suffer ;as a result of, systemic racism

How about a black student getting accepted into a college over a white student, when the white student has had better grades in high school and has outscored the black student on SAT's?  Is this not racism?  I know your answer, but thought I would ask anyway.

16 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

How about a black student getting accepted into a college over a white student, when the white student has had better grades in high school and has outscored the black student on SAT's?  Is this not racism?  I know your answer, but thought I would ask anyway.

There will be no response.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, stevenash said:

There will be no response.

If the white student graduates from a second university they will still have a statistical advantage for starting wage, and promotion. The dominant race in any culture will have advantages others don’t. Racism knows no nationality.

7 minutes ago, UT alum said:

If the white student graduates from a second university they will still have a statistical advantage for starting wage, and promotion. The dominant race in any culture will have advantages others don’t. Racism knows no nationality.

Then you are saying that it exists in all countries ?  Not sure where you got your claim about starting wages and promotions, but if it is legitimate, I am going to bet that the gap is closing rapidly.  Tell me where you got your stats and lets take a look at them and see if my contention is correct.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Then you are saying that it exists in all countries ?  Not sure where you got your claim about starting wages and promotions, but if it is legitimate, I am going to bet that the gap is closing rapidly.  Tell me where you got your stats and lets take a look at them and see if my contention is correct.

Not all countries, but not just this one, either. I’ll get back on the stats. However, I think a look at the top brass of any Fortune 500 company will pretty well confirm my claim concerning promotion.

If you are truly concerned about who is running the Fortune 500 companies ( by the way, your are NOT completely correct on that claim) I would have the same response.    I will bet you a dollar to a donut that the percentage of Fortune 500 companies being run by non Caucasians has increased substantially in recent years and that the trend is pointing in only one direction.  Do you believe that the government can solve this better than the free market can?  If so, I want to express a grievance regarding how "under represented" Caucasians are in the NBA.  The composition of the NBA does not mirror that of the general population.

14 hours ago, stevenash said:

If you are truly concerned about who is running the Fortune 500 companies ( by the way, your are NOT completely correct on that claim) I would have the same response.    I will bet you a dollar to a donut that the percentage of Fortune 500 companies being run by non Caucasians has increased substantially in recent years and that the trend is pointing in only one direction.  Do you believe that the government can solve this better than the free market can?  If so, I want to express a grievance regarding how "under represented" Caucasians are in the NBA.  The composition of the NBA does not mirror that of the general population.

Lol...You too funny...

5 hours ago, UT alum said:

You think affirmative action had no effect on those positive changes you’re talking about?

Any time a program exists that allows someone to obtain a position in a school or a workplace, a foundation of minority-based stereotypes can be built. Even if all people are qualified, Affirmative Action comes from the perspective that women or minorities are “inferior” to white men, which promotes a superior attitude from the majority class. For such a program to succeed, it must come from a viewpoint of pure equality.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:15 AM, stevenash said:

White Privilege at its best...