UT Alum and Big girl

BS Wildcats

17 hours ago, Magic Johnson said:

Any time a program exists that allows someone to obtain a position in a school or a workplace, a foundation of minority-based stereotypes can be built. Even if all people are qualified, Affirmative Action comes from the perspective that women or minorities are “inferior” to white men, which promotes a superior attitude from the majority class. For such a program to succeed, it must come from a viewpoint of pure equality.

While I agree that to succeed, it must come from a viewpoint of pure equality, my perspective is not one of inferiority. My perspective is that minorities, particularly African American, were denied educational opportunity for centuries, and only received access to “equal” education in the 1960’s. When you start a 100 meter race 30 meters behind the start line, how do you ever catch up? Even exceptional athletic superiority won’t win that race.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

While I agree that to succeed, it must come from a viewpoint of pure equality, my perspective is not one of inferiority. My perspective is that minorities, particularly African American, were denied educational opportunity for centuries, and only received access to “equal” education in the 1960’s. When you start a 100 meter race 30 meters behind the start line, how do you ever catch up? Even exceptional athletic superiority won’t win that race.

This sir, is a racist statement. In fact, it reeks.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

You, sir, are undoubtedly either a snowflake or a snowfake if you think that metaphor is racist. It is a perfect picture of why affirmative action cane into being.

The epitome of racism is to believe your race to be superior. Would that not include athletics or is it just for educational supremacy? You knew what you said and simply deny it.....typical of the lefty. Let’s see.....I took it out of context, or.....it didn’t come out the way you intended, or......I misunderstood. Lmao 

13 hours ago, UT alum said:

That race has been cancelled and started over several times.

22 hours ago, baddog said:

Lmao. Have it your way, but we both know that if I said anything like that, the “associates” would be all over me. 

To all of you. Please be safe as you go about your day. This virus has respect of no person, black, white, red, or yellow. I have high blood pressure, diabetic and I have to have surgery on my urethra due to trauma from a physical altercation with a thug. If you are like me and have health issues please be safe. Be mindful of the elderly and wash your hands. 

15 hours ago, Law Man said:

To all of you. Please be safe as you go about your day. This virus has respect of no person, black, white, red, or yellow. I have high blood pressure, diabetic and I have to have surgery on my urethra due to trauma from a physical altercation with a thug. If you are like me and have health issues please be safe. Be mindful of the elderly and wash your hands. 

I hope it all works out for you.