Nederland 10 Vidor 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

Nederland fans where were you? Your team will probably make the playoffs.

Vidor had a good showing one thing I’m always proud of the town supports the team win or lose home or on the road.

Several friends I know said at the deer camp for youth weekend, Others said cause of the Astros World Series is playing, and others said to cold... so a bunch of excuses. Lol 

Reading the posts and thinking back, Vidor gave away another game with penalties and ill timed mistakes. We scored with less than a minute left before halftime but kickoff mistakes let them start at midfield. Then bad defensive penalties allow Ned to get to the goal line and basically give them 3 free points before halftime. The Pirates were still in control of the game, with the ball and driving late in the fourth quarter when Ned striped the ball away from our RB. Then we held them to 3rd and 9 at midfield where they completed a long pass on busted coverage to the 15. Then 2 false starts created a 1st and 20 situation which we eventually give up a first down on 3rd and 2. So many chances this year but that’s at least the 3rd game where we give points away to lose the game. Montgomery, PNG and Nederland shoulda, coulda, woulda all been W’s. You could be looking at a 1 loss team and I hate to say it because there have been some bad calls go against us but we just lack the discipline this year.