Beaumont United 53 Houston St. Pius X 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

I'm happy with the win and I was the first to say....  payback completed.  They kicked our arses on our field last year, we got them on their field.

I was impressed with the DB Rivers on defense after two scrimmages and was high in him.   He didnt disappoint this game, only a sophmore, with the INT return for paydirt..

D-line played very well in stopping the run and getting after the QB.  I loved that we ended up making St Pius one dementional passing to get our secondary some work and they rose to the occasion.   Played mostly backups in the second half and they got a lot of burn.  You see, we didn't  have that luxury last year.  

Offense looked good with several options bat or disposal.  Both RB's did what I expected them to do.  O-line blocked well, especially on pass protection.   

I think I'm most impressed with special teams.  Kicker, besides the one missed PAT, did really well, especially in kickoffs booting in in the end zone every kickoff it appears.  

St. Pius obviously was a shell of themselves from last year with the hot shot QB graduating, but was still a good team, but was overwhelmed by the overall  team speed and athleticism.   

I do look for improvements in the passing game though.  The one long TD pass in the first half was underthrown by the QB, but relied on a hell of a jump catch by the WR, assisted by the St Pius DB falling down.  There was another pass that was thrown incomplete in the vicinity of TWO open United  receivers.   That can get better, and I'm sure it will as we play more games.  

Overall, I'm happy where we are at thia time and all I want is us to get better and be peaking un district play and beat the teams we need to beat.  Next up, Big Ned.  

#runwiththepack

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm happy with the win and I was the first to say....  payback completed.  They kicked our arses on our field last year, we got them on their field.

I was impressed with the DB Rivers on defense after two scrimmages and was high in him.   He didnt disappoint this game, only a sophmore, with the INT return for paydirt..

D-line played very well in stopping the run and getting after the QB.  I loved that we ended up making St Pius one dementional passing to get our secondary some work and they rose to the occasion.   Played mostly backups in the second half and they got a lot of burn.  You see, we didn't  have that luxury last year.  

Offense looked good with several options bat or disposal.  Both RB's did what I expected them to do.  O-line blocked well, especially on pass protection.   

I think I'm most impressed with special teams.  Kicker, besides the one missed PAT, did really well, especially in kickoffs booting in in the end zone every kickoff it appears.  

St. Pius obviously was a shell of themselves from last year with the hot shot QB graduating, but was still a good team, but was overwhelmed by the overall  team speed and athleticism.   

I do look for improvements in the passing game though.  The one long TD pass in the first half was underthrown by the QB, but relied on a hell of a jump catch by the WR, assisted by the St Pius DB falling down.  There was another pass that was thrown incomplete in the vicinity of TWO open United  receivers.   That can get better, and I'm sure it will as we play more games.  

Overall, I'm happy where we are at thia time and all I want is us to get better and be peaking un district play and beat the teams we need to beat.  Next up, Big Ned.  

#runwiththepack

That's why I do the play by play commentary and let you do the post game analysis.  We need to be in the booth bro.. 😀