Katy tigers vs northshore

I pick Katy in an upset. I believe it will be best for north shore chances for a repeat state championship to lose early to gather a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season. Coach Kay would use this to push them a little harder to defend their title . This Katy-north shore game isn’t as important as the impending re match in November. 

Do SETX contributors sit in a certain place at big games? I plan on going and would love to banter with the men whom I only know by website handle. I’ve been a lurker like most southeast’s Hs football coaches for 15 years and only since retirement last year been posting.

katy 24 north shore 21

17 minutes ago, BigD 95 said:

What happen to Banks?

From what im told he had surgery in the Spring on his right foot, healed up, then hurt his left foot. If he plays at all this season it'll be playoff time IMO. They still set at WR though. 

Guest ECBucFan

Look for a high scoring game. NS has the better team overall, but it will take some time for their D to jell. They lost tons off the D side of the ball, so inexperience will likely show up in the first game of the season. Katy seems to be a well oiled machine, and they will be a little more athletic than in years past. 

Rumor has it that Banks will not play his senior year, even if 100%. Seems like he may be "saving himself" for college ball. Thats just the word out on the street.      

Guest ECBucFan
On 8/26/2019 at 3:12 AM, coach bear said:

I pick Katy in an upset. I believe it will be best for north shore chances for a repeat state championship to lose early to gather a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season. Coach Kay would use this to push them a little harder to defend their title . This Katy-north shore game isn’t as important as the impending re match in November. 

Do SETX contributors sit in a certain place at big games? I plan on going and would love to banter with the men whom I only know by website handle. I’ve been a lurker like most southeast’s Hs football coaches for 15 years and only since retirement last year been posting.

I got a gut feeling Katy pulls the upset too. They are loaded and should have a good year. In fact, I think Katy could actually be favored at home, but thats just a guess. I agree 100% November is much more important. BTW it would be nice to meet you at the game, and I am sure I would enjoy talking some FB with you, but I cannot make it Thursday after all. I will see one or both of them later in the playoffs!

12 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I got a gut feeling Katy pulls the upset too. They are loaded and should have a good year. In fact, I think Katy could actually be favored at home, but thats just a guess. I agree 100% November is much more important. BTW it would be nice to meet you at the game, and I am sure I would enjoy talking some FB with you, but I cannot make it Thursday after all. I will see one or both of them later in the playoffs!

Anyone know how many d1 recruits will be in this game

NS will not have Banks so that only means that Evans and Gentry will get those 8 or 9 touches. Evans first game last year he had 15 carries for 150 and missed a lot of the second half due to cramping. Don't see that this year. I can see him getting 20 carries and Gentry (Arkansas commit) at the WR or slot. So no big drop off. The key will be the NS O line versus the front 7 of Katy. If they cannot pressure Davis and if the next level is tackling Evans then NS will roll. Also Katy likes to pinch their safeties up for run support and when they do Davis will exploit the center of the field in which we had a bunch of long gains last year because of it.  NS is just as good this year if not better so being the homer that I am.... NS 45 to 31. Could possibly see the seconds in like last year.  

4 minutes ago, North Shore Mike said:

NS will not have Banks so that only means that Evans and Gentry will get those 8 or 9 touches. Evans first game last year he had 15 carries for 150 and missed a lot of the second half due to cramping. Don't see that this year. I can see him getting 20 carries and Gentry (Arkansas commit) at the WR or slot. So no big drop off. The key will be the NS O line versus the front 7 of Katy. If they cannot pressure Davis and if the next level is tackling Evans then NS will roll. Also Katy likes to pinch their safeties up for run support and when they do Davis will exploit the center of the field in which we had a bunch of long gains last year because of it.  NS is just as good this year if not better so being the homer that I am.... NS 45 to 31. Could possibly see the seconds in like last year.  

Preach!!  +1

11 hours ago, North Shore Mike said:

What?