BIG SANDY TOURNAMENT/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

6 players and when they get in foul trouble, which they have, Kountze is in big trouble.

Kountze with only six players?  I wonder why.  It has such a rich tradition in basketball.  It's a head scratcher to me, especially when there are 2A schools with 10 are more players.

34 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Kountze with only six players?  I wonder why.  It has such a rich tradition in basketball.  It's a head scratcher to me, especially when there are 2A schools with 10 are more players.

I think he meant six deep. They have other players but not a lot of skill after the six. I think they also have another player that was injured in football that not back yet. 

46 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Plays just 6, had 8 suited out. Best player in Edwards along with another player is still out with injuries.

Thanks for the correction guys.  Even though the two that didn't play aren't skilled players, you'd think when they get big leads, they could put them in one at a time just to give a few starters some rest.  But hey, I'll admit I know little about basketball and certainly shouldn't second guess a Coach.  Just seems strange to an uninformed outsider.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Thanks for the correction guys.  Even though the two that didn't play aren't skilled players, you'd think when they get big leads, they could put them in one at a time just to give a few starters some rest.  But hey, I'll admit I know little about basketball and certainly shouldn't second guess a Coach.  Just seems strange to an uninformed outsider.

Reb, once you reach legend status as with most of us you can critique players and second and third guess coaches. Lol

4 hours ago, no-look said:

Reb, once you reach legend status as with most of us you can critique players and second and third guess coaches. Lol

Lmbo, I stand in awe of y'all able to look down from your lofty perches.  All I get to do is holler at the refs on those rare occasions they miss an obvious (has to be obvious for me to see it) call, while TxHoops finds many reasons to correct them.  I feel like a guy at a comedy show and don't understand the jokes.  But I have a good tutor!

12 hours ago, whsalum said:

I'm surprised to see Kountze getting in foul trouble. I watched them earlier in the week at HJ and they had 3 second half fouls with not a lot of pressure. 

Might have just been the officials that game. Kountze has always known for their aggressive play style.