Racism Scandal in World Series

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

Is this over the top, or is the punishment?  At least baseball is making a statement that the NFL won't even address.  Makes me wonder what the baseball commissioner would do if a player kneeled for the National Anthem?  Kapertwit claims to kneel for social injustice.  I see his kneeling as comparable to the black Olympians who raised their fist in Mexico City.  He's black, and thus had the power to disgrace our country.  Does he care about injustice in the black community?  Idk. He didn't vote, that might help.  Does he give his own money to help the black community?  Idk.  Does he spend time working with black youths?  Again, idk, but I doubt he does any.  So is he kneeling for injustice, or is he giving the finger to all who love this country?

22 hours ago, no-look said:

people are way too sensitive these days... I'm continually finding I'm a relic in a different age. 

What a breath of fresh air no-look, and well spoken.  I've wondered if it was just me.  Feel like I need to find a taxidermist so I could be put in the Smithsonian.  

Houston Texans prime example.  Owner says (about kneeling for Anthem), Inmates running the prison.  Most of team starts kneeling.  Why?  That's a fairly common expression.  He's not comparing the goofballs to inmates, just saying the employees are running the business.  I stated in another thread, many people were goofy as a glass eyed dog.  I wasn't calling them dogs.  Good freaking grief, to sensitive, or to stupid.  The statement was being critical of Goodell, and the NFL, not the players.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Houston Texans prime example.  Owner says (about kneeling for Anthem), Inmates running the prison.  Most of team starts kneeling.  Why?  That's a fairly common expression.  He's not comparing the goofballs to inmates, just saying the employees are running the business.  I stated in another thread, many people were goofy as a glass eyed dog.  I wasn't calling them dogs.  Good freaking grief, to sensitive, or to stupid.  The statement was being critical of Goodell, and the NFL, not the players.

pretty sure these guys call each other a lot worse names when their on the field.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Why didn't he say we can't let the employees run the business if that is what he meant? Yes, he did call them inmates, and you don't get to dictate when someone should feel insulted.

11 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Why didn't he say we can't let the employees run the business if that is what he meant? Yes, he did call them inmates, and you don't get to dictate when someone should feel insulted.

NFL players seem to feel they can dictate when someone should feel insulted, that is how this all started.

24 minutes ago, Big girl said:

You've never heard that expression before?  Fairly common.  No, I can't dictate what insults an individual, but unlike them, I'd hope I have enough sense to understand what someone is implying.  When people call someone a sob, do you automatically think they're referencing that persons mother is a female dog?  Well duh, I hope not.  

Imo, they knew what he meant, they just wanted to have their 15 minutes in the slum, oh, the sun.

55 minutes ago, Big girl said:

The inmates are running the asylum is the correct phrasing. Forget  who can't or refuses to understand this. It's like saying killing two birds with one stone. Uh oh, someone is killing birds.