The NFL

Reagan

Private business?  On the surface it appears to be.  But, is it really?  From the article:  "The NFL is a "private enterprise" whose "rights" are being violated by those who dare to challenge the league's political radicalization. The anti-Trump Democratic Coalition has even filed an ethics complaint alleging that the president's comments constitute a criminal violation against using government offices "to influence the employment decisions and practices" of a private entity.

Funny. These fair-weather friends of corporate free speech and the First Amendment were nowhere to be found when Boston Mayor Tom Menino and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel were vowing to shut down Chick-fil-A in their towns as government retaliation against the founders' private religious beliefs.

As for the NFL's status as a "private" enterprise? That's some Super Bowl-sized audacity right there. I first started tracking publicly subsidized sports boondoggles with my very first watchdog website, Porkwatch, back in 1999. Since then, taxpayers at all levels of government have footed the bill for football stadiums to the tune of an estimated $1 billion every year.

Over the past decade, new tax-supported NFL stadiums rose up for the Indianapolis Colts (the $720 million Lucas Oil Stadium), the Dallas Cowboys (the $1.15 billion AT&T Stadium) the New York Jets and Giants (the $1.6 billion MetLife Stadium), the Minnesota Vikings (the $1.1 billion U.S. Bank Stadium), the Atlanta Falcons (the $1.5 billion Mercedes-Benz Stadium), and the San Francisco 49ers (the $1.3 billion Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara).

Next in the works: a whopping $2.6 billion stadium for the Los Angeles Chargers and Rams and a $1.9 billion stadium for the Oakland Raiders when they move to Las Vegas. Left behind? An $83 million taxpayer debt on two-decade-old renovations to the Alameda County Coliseum that the Raiders are abandoning."

This is the hidden content, please

It is my understanding that the NFL has a "personal conduct" policy.  If so, these American-hating players are violating this policy.  Even more troublesome, is that the NFL is letting them!

It's interesting, and I'll say again, that after 9-11 the NY Giants and NY Jets wanted to honor either the fallen or the first responders, I don't remember which, but the NFL said NO!   After cops were killed in Dallas, the Cowboys wanted to honor them.  The NFL said NO!  So, my question is:  WHY IS THE NFL ALLOWING AMERICA-HATING ANTICS??!!

From the article:

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National 

must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

It's important to note the use of the word "may" here. The NFL is not considering punishing fines on players or teams who choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the national anthem, the spokesperson says.

Blah Blah Blah...don't mean nothing.

58 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Saw where Johnny will not be able to play in CFL till next season.

Yeah he applied for his option and the CFL shot him down because of a court case he has pending over tearing up his rental mansion in California.  

It’s crazy some countries actually have laws as to who can work within their borders.  

The lefties are very sure that they are right on this issue.  Reminds me of about a year ago when they were "sure" on the general election as well.  I stated a long time ago  that if you carry this progressive social agenda too far too quickly, it will bite you in the a$$ and it appears to me that another "bite" will be taken out of that condescending, dismissive, arrogant collective a$$.

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

It is my understanding that the NFL has a "personal conduct" policy.  If so, these American-hating players are violating this policy.  Even more troublesome, is that the NFL is letting them!

It's interesting, and I'll say again, that after 9-11 the NY Giants and NY Jets wanted to honor either the fallen or the first responders, I don't remember which, but the NFL said NO!   After cops were killed in Dallas, the Cowboys wanted to honor them.  The NFL said NO!  So, my question is:  WHY IS THE NFL ALLOWING AMERICA-HATING ANTICS??!!

Big girl doesn't believe this happened.  She only hears and sees what fits her racist tendencies.