Jasper playing Crosby

fishcat

23 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Don't be surprised when Jasper wins this one. Despite the hype, Crosby is only a shell of what they have been the past couple of years. The RB is solid, but everything else is suspect. The QB has yet to prove he can actually play and the receiver that was mentioned is just a decent player. These guys have proven over the years to be nothing more than weight room heroes. They run fast on the track, they utilize social media to make sure everyone thinks they're special, and they play cheesy videos at their home games to try and create a college-like atmosphere. As far as the substance on the football field, it's often pretty average. Crosby has never proven that they can play any defense at all and that is what will get them beat on Friday. I think Jasper will punch them in the mouth and run the ball for as much as they want whenever they want it. I think this unproven Crosby offense will prove to be anemic in the passing game allowing Jasper to stack the box and contain the RB. If you force the QB to throw, you will quickly learn that he cannot do it.

Jasper wins by a touchdown and sets Crosby up to have a 6-4 year.

I'd agree that Crosby is not an elite program but 50 wins in 5 years does make us a very good program. I do think Crosby wins this game relatively easily but I do think Jasper will play hard and if the Cougars take them lightly I think Jasper will make us pay for that. 

I don't think that will happen as this will be Crosby's first game and they will be very excited to play. I also think your opinion of the Cougars' QB's throwing ability will change after the game. I believe he is the best pure passer that Riordan has had since he's been in Crosby. 

Crosby's weakness currently is our defense. Jasper and every other team we play will score until someone or several someones step up to the Friday night level. They may grow into a good defense but I can't say they are there yet. 

I think this will be a fun game and a good one for both teams in getting ready for district play. 

23 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

I'd agree that Crosby is not an elite program but 50 wins in 5 years does make us a very good program. I do think Crosby wins this game relatively easily but I do think Jasper will play hard and if the Cougars take them lightly I think Jasper will make us pay for that. 

I don't think that will happen as this will be Crosby's first game and they will be very excited to play. I also think your opinion of the Cougars' QB's throwing ability will change after the game. I believe he is the best pure passer that Riordan has had since he's been in Crosby. 

Crosby's weakness currently is our defense. Jasper and every other team we play will score until someone or several someones step up to the Friday night level. They may grow into a good defense but I can't say they are there yet. 

I think this will be a fun game and a good one for both teams in getting ready for district play. 

You think he's a better pure passer than Tristan Cotton?

Ok what I've learned as of Wednesday of game week... Crosby has a whole lot of haters in east texas... I guess since jasper isn't in 5a we don't know the back story... 

my hope is that Crosby is as good as the hype.. this should be a good measurement of how far our defense has come since Gilmer put it on us.. if it becomes a shoot out then we're in trouble.. I think our big unknown is our defensive line Crosby will be bigger and stronger hopefully we will be quicker and can get pressure on the QB.. the other unknown is our new OC Barbay I know everyone is excited to have him here in jasper and I'm really looking forward to watching his offense.. I know the kids are having fun and learning more everyday and have nothing but respect for their coaches

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, WOSgrad said:

Have a feeling that there are gonna be a whole bunch of Jasper Bulldog fans by the time Friday rolls around!

it all goes back to Crosby is the best show on turf bs and that a smaller number school cant compete. I hope Jasper tears them a new one lol just so we can hear the excuses, should be thankful that they have a game to play, im upset that my INDIANS didn't get to go to Silsbee, I had planned on sitting on the tigers side to argue with Soulja1 lol

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

just for fun heres a comparison of the two schools football history. granted jasper did start football 8 years before crosby in 1915 which is  that being equal to 27 games.

jasper 612 wins 345 losses 37 ties.  7th all time of all classifications in playoff appearances with 46  9th all time of all classifications with 37 district championships.

the "mecca" (as we have come to know them) 442 wins 416 losses 34 ties.  not ranked in top 50 of all classifications in playoff appearances or district championships

I love the ancient history the SETX fans always bring up right before they play us. Y'all literally reach back to times before integration. Then we put 40 or 50 you and you realize how much all that tradition matters.

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

it all goes back to Crosby is the best show on turf bs and that a smaller number school cant compete. I hope Jasper tears them a new one lol just so we can hear the excuses, should be thankful that they have a game to play, im upset that my INDIANS didn't get to go to Silsbee, I had planned on sitting on the tigers side to argue with Soulja1 lol

Yea...  I circled that game on the calender, brother...

7 minutes ago, fishcat said:

How about Crosby's JV & freshman teams I'm planning on making the trip tomorrow. Jasper's JV & freshman are pretty good

I have no idea about the jv and freshman.  The backup qb for varsity is a sophomore, so I'm not sure who is on the jv.  

5 hours ago, biaplayer said:

The best show on turf was Summer Creek dude. At least if you're going to chime in be talking about the right team. Now that you don't play Silsbee I would be a lot more concerned with my own game and starting 0-1.

3 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

success! (jasperdawg gets yet another rub of the super fan.  this is fun!)

Ah, ever since you've looked dumb with those 19-1 posts you switched up the style like you were trying to get a rise instead of just being wrong. I got you now, you're right though. It is fun.

3 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

"Most importantly the Cougars are 19-1 at the Jungle during that time."   as per the cougars school website. 

accomplishing nothing but 1 or 2 rounds deep into the playoffs  with the one exception of a cinderalla  season which still didnt get a title.  we did though get just dandy explanation of why the juggernaut hasnt  reached the top with all of the exceptional talent they have. (lmfao and call me dumb because of the 19-1 statement i quoted from the school website....................i do see that quiet a few of you are also enjoying getting what 14.2 thinks are the wonderfull witty statements he gives back.  such an elite program that is barely over .500 in win/losses.     ok i am waiting..........................................................

51 wins to Jasper's 38 and 3 consecutive district titles, 23-1 at home the last five years with last loss coming in 2012. 30+ NCAA signees with Raelon Singleton about to be drafted in the next couple of years with Chance Casey making three starts for the Raiders in he secondary.

12 consecutive post-season appearances and only 1 first round loss the last nine years. Reached #2 in the AP poll and the last 5A in this coverage area to win the region since Dayton nearly a decade ago. Find me another 5A school in Houston that can match that besides Manvel. 

Your failed to do research which is why you continuously made false post on our record which is the dumb part. If the only thing you can point to are state championships and records beginning nearly a century ago you just told me we're pretty damn salty. Unlike y'all, we don't worry about the history over here because we're legit right now. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long . . . 

17 hours ago, 2wedge said:

You think he's a better pure passer than Tristan Cotton?

Tristen Cotton was a great QB. Very accurate from 25 yards in. He struggled getting the ball deeper than that. Tristen's strongest attribute was his leadership. Great kid that the team listened to and respected. 

25 yards in id give Tristen the slight edge (for now). We'll see how the year goes for Jaiden. But on balls 25 yards out, Jaiden is a much better passer than Tristen. I also believe that Jaiden will show to be a more effective runner than Tristen. 

Note that I said that Jaiden was a better pure passer. As of right now, if I had my pick, I'd take Cotton as my QB. But if Jaifen has the year I think he will have my opinion might change. Don't forget that Tristen got to play behind probably the best O-Line in Crosby history. That O-Line made all skill players look good!!!

17 hours ago, T-daddy said:

Ok what I've learned as of Wednesday of game week... Crosby has a whole lot of haters in east texas... I guess since jasper isn't in 5a we don't know the back story... 

my hope is that Crosby is as good as the hype.. this should be a good measurement of how far our defense has come since Gilmer put it on us.. if it becomes a shoot out then we're in trouble.. I think our big unknown is our defensive line Crosby will be bigger and stronger hopefully we will be quicker and can get pressure on the QB.. the other unknown is our new OC Barbay I know everyone is excited to have him here in jasper and I'm really looking forward to watching his offense.. I know the kids are having fun and learning more everyday and have nothing but respect for their coaches

We have had a very good program for the last 5 or so. I'm not saying we are the Meca of football. Just saying we are a solid 5A program. I will say that this year's team is the most unknown that we've had in a while. I think the offense will be good to very good. Defensively we just don't know yet. I do think the Cougars will beat Jasper but I don't think it will be a "waxing". 

Im looking forward to the game and getting to experience some Jasper Bulldog football.