Jasper playing Crosby

fishcat

13 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Don't be surprised when Jasper wins this one. Despite the hype, Crosby is only a shell of what they have been the past couple of years. The RB is solid, but everything else is suspect. The QB has yet to prove he can actually play and the receiver that was mentioned is just a decent player. These guys have proven over the years to be nothing more than weight room heroes. They run fast on the track, they utilize social media to make sure everyone thinks they're special, and they play cheesy videos at their home games to try and create a college-like atmosphere. As far as the substance on the football field, it's often pretty average. Crosby has never proven that they can play any defense at all and that is what will get them beat on Friday. I think Jasper will punch them in the mouth and run the ball for as much as they want whenever they want it. I think this unproven Crosby offense will prove to be anemic in the passing game allowing Jasper to stack the box and contain the RB. If you force the QB to throw, you will quickly learn that he cannot do it.

Jasper wins by a touchdown and sets Crosby up to have a 6-4 year.

None of this is true according to the 14.2 bible.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

None of this is true according to the 14.2 bible.

Don't you hear this every year? Yet we were a three point OT loss on the road without Netherly and Williams away from four consecutive 10+ win seasons. Dude said we can't play defense yet we had the best defense in the region when we won it a few years ago. Remember all that unproven stuff when the Twins and Singleton left, yeah that led to the semifinals. 

I mean we're literally being told we can't play defense by a team that gave up 700+ rushing yards in three games to Silsbee, HJ and Gilmer. When it's 52-21 I'll ask hm about that post and I'm sure his answer will be, "That's what Crosby was supposed to do". 

Hey Ag, you rember how good Marte Allison, 21-5A's leading rusher, was last year right? Yeah, he had 15 carries for 19 yards in the district championship game n all this softness. He also mentioned an anemic passing game. Write it down, Howard will be close to 300 yards before they pull him. 

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

seriously, with all the talent u speak of why no state titles in these recent glory years? i dont need/want an arguement nor a how bad jasper is  spin for an answer. just a crosby super fan/historian answer will do.

IDK, I would assume the same reason Manvel, Cy-Ranch, Westfield, Skyline, Calallen, etc. don't have one. They're hard to win, especially when you play from part of the bracket Crosby does where you get the #1 seed from the Fort Bend district or Central Texas in the second round.

While FB Marshall has a smaller enrollment, just on offense alone their qb, Jabari James is committed to Texas Tech, his top receiver Henry Thomas is committed to Houston, his other receiver Korey King hasn't committed yet but has FBS offers already, one guard Barton Clement is committed to A&M, I can't remember the other lineman's name but he's got FBS offers and both rbs are going D1 also. That's 7 D1 kids on ONE side of the ball, they probably have 11 total on the roster that will eventually sign D1. That's just Marshall, don't even get me started on the talent the FB Ridge Point team we lost had with kids like Mustapha Muhammad and the three 300+ pound D1 linemen playing on side of him who were all blocking for BJ Rainford who I think ran for right at 2k that year. In '14 we lost to a very talented Cedar Park team, in '12 we lost to a loaded Manor team who eventually lost to Cedar Park in the quarters.

While Crosby has their fair share of talent, a lot of years we are dwarfed talent-wise by teams from the south and southwest sides of Houston or Central Texas. I hope that was super fan/historian enough?  

33 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The MECCA OF FOOTBALL as we know it - 28

Jasper - 19

We'll probably start with some early read option, Howard and Williams will gash them in the running game due to the way they line up, after they change we'll score 28 on screen plays alone. Japer runs the same offense Angleton does but doesn't have near the depth or talent, and the last couple times we lined up with them the score has been a combined 72-15 with the last matchup being a 34-0 shutout. It was comical watching PNG trying to stop their ground and pound before they made it to the regional final that year.  

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We'll probably start with some early read option, Howard and Williams will gash them in the running game due to the way they line up, after they change we'll score 28 on screen plays alone. Japer runs the same offense Angleton does but doesn't have near the depth or talent, and the last couple times we lined up with them the score has been a combined 72-15 with the last matchup being a 34-0 shutout. It was comical watching PNG trying to stop their ground and pound before they made it to the regional final that year.  

Jasper's  offense keeps Mecca's offense off the field and leads time of possession.   Watch out for the Short QB of Jasper.  He's ultra quick.

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Jasper's  offense keeps Mecca's offense off the field and leads time of possession.   Watch out for the Short QB of Jasper.  He's ultra quick.

I'm not sure Crosby ever leads a game in time of possession? We probably had the ball for a total of 15 mins last year against Vidor and scored 33 points on twenty-something offensive plays with two tds called back. All I'm going to say is that even though our last qb is at LSU now, Crosby's qb play will be significantly better this year and will raise the level offense from last season.    

7 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Don't be surprised when Jasper wins this one. Despite the hype, Crosby is only a shell of what they have been the past couple of years. The RB is solid, but everything else is suspect. The QB has yet to prove he can actually play and the receiver that was mentioned is just a decent player. These guys have proven over the years to be nothing more than weight room heroes. They run fast on the track, they utilize social media to make sure everyone thinks they're special, and they play cheesy videos at their home games to try and create a college-like atmosphere. As far as the substance on the football field, it's often pretty average. Crosby has never proven that they can play any defense at all and that is what will get them beat on Friday. I think Jasper will punch them in the mouth and run the ball for as much as they want whenever they want it. I think this unproven Crosby offense will prove to be anemic in the passing game allowing Jasper to stack the box and contain the RB. If you force the QB to throw, you will quickly learn that he cannot do it.

Jasper wins by a touchdown and sets Crosby up to have a 6-4 year.

Man, I really do appreciate this. Your paragraph has made it to the players, in particular the qb Tulsa just contacted today you said is suspect. Riordan may have shut them down early but with the players and staff using this as motivation y'all probably just worked your way into a more serious arse whipping than what you already had coming.   

45 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wow, I'm glad you put me on that Soulja. Lol, I don't think Crosby's kids have seen an o-line like that since the ones that got to play on JV and that's with no shade. I thought the kid was going to look like Jordan Cooper or something. I'm changing my prediction to 49-14 or 56-14.

Crosby fans, I think we're ok despite having to go to the "Dawg House", lol. This is Jasper's starting QB but just take a look at the offense in total. Scroll down to the Newton scrimmage earlier this year and watch:

This is the hidden content, please

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, I really do appreciate this. Your paragraph has made it to the players, in particular the qb Tulsa just contacted today you said is suspect. Riordan may have shut them down early but with the players and staff using this as motivation y'all probably just worked your way into a more serious arse whipping than what you already had coming.   

I stand by my statements and will be here on Saturday to remind you of what I said. I have seen this team plenty of times and have never been really impressed. They tend to dry up under pressure and that is why the second round is a black hole for Crosby. This Jasper team is no joke and Crosby will be in for a fight on Friday. Finesse teams usually don't do too well in dog fights and this will be one for sure.

In other news, will this game be available to be streamed online? I know there is a radio broadcast, but will internet broadcast be available?

51 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I stand by my statements and will be here on Saturday to remind you of what I said. I have seen this team plenty of times and have never been really impressed. They tend to dry up under pressure and that is why the second round is a black hole for Crosby. This Jasper team is no joke and Crosby will be in for a fight on Friday. Finesse teams usually don't do too well in dog fights and this will be one for sure.

In other news, will this game be available to be streamed online? I know there is a radio broadcast, but will internet broadcast be available?

SETXsports will be broadcasting this game online, audio only.

5 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Perfect. Thanks a lot Mike. This site is a great resource to keep all of us who have moved out of the GT connected with what's happening back at home. Will you be on the broadcast?

My apologies. SETXsports is not broadcasting this game. I was confused with the Silsbee/Newton game.

Again, SETXsports will not broadcast Crosby at Jasper.

My bad

I've got a son on the jasper team and they have nothing but respect for Crosby and know going into this game it will be tough, but plan to use it as any predistrict game should be as a prep to get ready for district opponents such as Rusk, Tatum and if we get to gilmer for the spread offenses.  I admire barbay for scheduling a tough opponent like Crosby because the last few years our early schedule hasnt been the toughest.  It's not what happens in week 2 but in December that really counts.  So Crosby fans our players are not the ones disrepecting you I can tell you that they know your players are good athletes and they plan to be prepared and ready for a good ball game so we as fans let's hope we get our money's worth with a great ball game on the field.  

1 hour ago, Booster said:

I've got a son on the jasper team and they have nothing but respect for Crosby and know going into this game it will be tough, but plan to use it as any predistrict game should be as a prep to get ready for district opponents such as Rusk, Tatum and if we get to gilmer for the spread offenses.  I admire barbay for scheduling a tough opponent like Crosby because the last few years our early schedule hasnt been the toughest.  It's not what happens in week 2 but in December that really counts.  So Crosby fans our players are not the ones disrepecting you I can tell you that they know your players are good athletes and they plan to be prepared and ready for a good ball game so we as fans let's hope we get our money's worth with a great ball game on the field.  

Amen!

On 9/3/2017 at 6:53 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

I don't think anybody is throwing shade. Crosby is over twice the size of Jasper. I think calling a matchup between the two teams a great game is just fan-speak because the two schools are in the coverage area, no other reason.

Playing up may be great and help out Jasper but o think there's a reason Crosby hasn't dropped down to play anybody in 15+ years. I will say I'm very thankful we're actually playing a game though. 

Hell skip on east another 15 miles so little tiny Newton can double that big  school up