New health care bill

westend1

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

While you are sitting on your high horse, you need to pray that you and your family members dont get seriously ill. Watching someone you love ,die, because of inadequate healthcare is an earth shattering experience.

If someone you love died because of inadequate healthcare, you are to blame for taking healthcare designed for the needy when you could afford your own. You should be proud. It's the greedy people like you who think they are entitled to use the programs that make them fail. Then all you can muster is to point the finger at Republicans or whites in general. It's never your fault, but this time it is. Your greed caused a death.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

What about the massive cuts in Medicaid and Medicare? The pre existing condition clause. The fact that babies that are born with health problems wont be able to obtain coverage? Do you like that?

Is any of that really in the bill or are you merely repeating the daily Democratic talking points?

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Yes. I do research. What about you? Do you receive Medicare benefits?

Not for three more years. That is meaningless (not surprisingly) since no law has been changed. A person on Medicare cannot say that he/she has lost anything as nothing has yet changed, if ever. "Do you receive Medicare benefits" proves absolutely nothing even for a person that is on it. By the way, my mother is for many years and I have yet to see her lose anything..... maybe because the law hasn't changed. 

Oh well, to heck with the facts............ 

Now that you have researched it, please show the passages that say Medicare will be ended for millions of people. 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

If someone you love died because of inadequate healthcare, you are to blame for taking healthcare designed for the needy when you could afford your own. You should be proud. It's the greedy people like you who think they are entitled to use the programs that make them fail. Then all you can muster is to point the finger at Republicans or whites in general. It's never your fault, but this time it is. Your greed caused a death.

Thank God the ACA was there in my time of need dummy. That' s the whole point.  My husband suffered heart attacks and was still able to get insurance.Who took health insurance from other people? Can you read on more than a 5th grade level. Please explain your comment in detail

6 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Not for three more years. That is meaningless (not surprisingly) since no law has been changed. A person on Medicare cannot say that he/she has lost anything as nothing has yet changed, if ever. "Do you receive Medicare benefits" proves absolutely nothing even for a person that is on it. By the way, my mother is for many years and I have yet to see her lose anything..... maybe because the law hasn't changed. 

Oh well, to heck with the facts............ 

Now that you have researched it, please show the passages that say Medicare will be ended for millions of people. 

I never said Medicare would be ended. I said if the bill passed, there would be massive cuts. Look at the article i posted. Read Tx Hoops comments.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Yet you support the Hollywood celebrities and their "casting couches". You have no stance. You simply spew the flavor of the day. Simple.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Are we doing this again?   I call you out and you run and hide?

You've admitted multiple times on this site that both you and your husband are RN's yet somehow make less than the $52k a year combined so your family can qualify for Obamacare.   Either you are the 2 lowest paid RN's in the state or you are committing insurance fraud.  Which is it?  

I also mentioned that my husband lost his job at that time, and i was teaching Health Science and Medical Terminolgy at a high school

10 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

2 hours ago, baddog said:

22 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

Really? You are dumber than i thought you were. He lost his coverage when he lost his job. Wow!!

RN is one of the most high-demand jobs in our area.  I can make a few calls right now and have him multiple jobs lined up for next week.  He would have to be out of work for over a year in order for your family to force me to pay for your Obamacare.  If he is an RN and out of work for that long, he wasn't truly looking for work.  

What's so wrong with this?

HERE'S HOW THE HOUSE BILL WOULD CHANGE HEALTH CARE FROM THE CURRENT LAW, by Kevin Ryan

REPEAL - The American Health Care Act, if passed by the Senate and signed into law, will dismantle most core aspects of ObamaCare, including:

The employer mandate and penalties for not insuring employees who work more than 30 hours a week at companies with more than 50 employees are repealed.
The individual mandate and penalties for not having insurance are repealed.
Obamacare's expansion of Medicaid will effectively be reversed in 2020 when the federal government stops funding it. States that have not already expanded would not be allowed to do so, starting immediately.
Obamacare's income-based subsidies are ended.
The 3.8% tax on investment income is repealed.
The 0.9% tax on higher income Americans is repealed.
The tax on medical devices is eliminated.
The tax on prescription medications is repealed.
The tax on health insurance premiums is ended.
The tax on Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) is repealed.
The tax on tanning salons is repealed.
The tax on retiree prescription drug coverage is repealed.
The tax deduction on expenses exceeding 7.5% of a family's income is reinstated (Obamacare had increased the threshold to 10%).
Obamacare's prohibition on using Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account (HSA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medicines is repealed.
The tax penalty on withdrawing money from Health Savings Account for non-qualified medical expenses is repealed.
State Medicaid plans will no longer have to cover some Obamacare-mandated essential health benefits.
Planned Parenthood funding is eliminated.

KEEP - The law will keep several features of Obamacare:

People with preexisting conditions cannot be denied coverage. The measure would provide states with federal funds to help set up high-risk pools to provide insurance to the sickest patients and to help those with pre-existing conditions pay for insurance.
Dependents can still stay on their parent's health insurance plan until age 26.
Insurers are still prohibited from setting annual and lifetime limits on individual coverage.
The "Cadillac tax" on generous healthcare plans will remain, but be postponed from 2020 to 2025.
Current Medicaid enrollees will be grandfathered in when the federal government stops providing the extra federal funds that allow for expansion in 2020.

REPLACE - The replacement part of the bill includes several major changes to existing law:

Obamacare's income-based subsidies are replaced by age-based tax credits of $2,000 to $4,000 per person per year, increasing with someone's age. The credits would start to phase out for individuals earning $75,000 and households earning $150,000, and would be unavailable for individuals who earn more than $215,000.
Although the annual penalty for not having insurance is repealed, people who wait until they become sick or let their coverage lapse for more than 63 days can be charged a 30% surcharge on premiums for one year when they do finally sign up.
The amount people and employers can contribute to tax-free health savings accounts will double.
Private plans are still required to offer ten essential health benefits, but states can now opt out of the requirement.
States will now be able to opt out of Obamacare's mandate that insurers charge the same rates to sick and healthy people.
Under Obamacare, insurers could only charge seniors up to 3 times more than they charged young people. The new law changes that restriction to 5 times more.

MEDICAID REFORM - The GOP bill would also significantly overhaul the Medicaid program.

The bill would end Medicaid as an open-ended entitlement and would put the program on a budget.
States would receive an allotment of federal money for each beneficiary, or, as an alternative, they could take the money in a lump sum as a block grant, with fewer federal requirements.
States will also be able to require able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work, participate in job training programs, or do community service.
The Congressional Budget Office projects that bill would cut the federal government's spending on Medicaid by 25% by 2026 as compared to current law.

SOURCES: 

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

What's so wrong with this?

HERE'S HOW THE HOUSE BILL WOULD CHANGE HEALTH CARE FROM THE CURRENT LAW, by Kevin Ryan

REPEAL - The American Health Care Act, if passed by the Senate and signed into law, will dismantle most core aspects of ObamaCare, including:

The employer mandate and penalties for not insuring employees who work more than 30 hours a week at companies with more than 50 employees are repealed.
The individual mandate and penalties for not having insurance are repealed.
Obamacare's expansion of Medicaid will effectively be reversed in 2020 when the federal government stops funding it. States that have not already expanded would not be allowed to do so, starting immediately.
Obamacare's income-based subsidies are ended.
The 3.8% tax on investment income is repealed.
The 0.9% tax on higher income Americans is repealed.
The tax on medical devices is eliminated.
The tax on prescription medications is repealed.
The tax on health insurance premiums is ended.
The tax on Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) is repealed.
The tax on tanning salons is repealed.
The tax on retiree prescription drug coverage is repealed.
The tax deduction on expenses exceeding 7.5% of a family's income is reinstated (Obamacare had increased the threshold to 10%).
Obamacare's prohibition on using Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account (HSA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medicines is repealed.
The tax penalty on withdrawing money from Health Savings Account for non-qualified medical expenses is repealed.
State Medicaid plans will no longer have to cover some Obamacare-mandated essential health benefits.
Planned Parenthood funding is eliminated.

KEEP - The law will keep several features of Obamacare:

People with preexisting conditions cannot be denied coverage. The measure would provide states with federal funds to help set up high-risk pools to provide insurance to the sickest patients and to help those with pre-existing conditions pay for insurance.
Dependents can still stay on their parent's health insurance plan until age 26.
Insurers are still prohibited from setting annual and lifetime limits on individual coverage.
The "Cadillac tax" on generous healthcare plans will remain, but be postponed from 2020 to 2025.
Current Medicaid enrollees will be grandfathered in when the federal government stops providing the extra federal funds that allow for expansion in 2020.

REPLACE - The replacement part of the bill includes several major changes to existing law:

Obamacare's income-based subsidies are replaced by age-based tax credits of $2,000 to $4,000 per person per year, increasing with someone's age. The credits would start to phase out for individuals earning $75,000 and households earning $150,000, and would be unavailable for individuals who earn more than $215,000.
Although the annual penalty for not having insurance is repealed, people who wait until they become sick or let their coverage lapse for more than 63 days can be charged a 30% surcharge on premiums for one year when they do finally sign up.
The amount people and employers can contribute to tax-free health savings accounts will double.
Private plans are still required to offer ten essential health benefits, but states can now opt out of the requirement.
States will now be able to opt out of Obamacare's mandate that insurers charge the same rates to sick and healthy people.
Under Obamacare, insurers could only charge seniors up to 3 times more than they charged young people. The new law changes that restriction to 5 times more.

MEDICAID REFORM - The GOP bill would also significantly overhaul the Medicaid program.

The bill would end Medicaid as an open-ended entitlement and would put the program on a budget.
States would receive an allotment of federal money for each beneficiary, or, as an alternative, they could take the money in a lump sum as a block grant, with fewer federal requirements.
States will also be able to require able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work, participate in job training programs, or do community service.
The Congressional Budget Office projects that bill would cut the federal government's spending on Medicaid by 25% by 2026 as compared to current law.

SOURCES: 

Hey Lamont, look at this^^^^^^. What do you have to cry about now? Lmao

22 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Yes.  I have no issue with a portion my tax dollars being used to fund programs for those most in need.  I pay taxes for lots of things, e.g., the military, highways, federal and state parks, etc., all of which I appreciate, am thankful for, and enjoy.  Why not use a portion of tax dollars to help something more important than material things ---> people.  I'm not for funding welfare kinds and queens, but I am for helping others that need it.  I'm all for finding the proper balance.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I have no problem if my money goes to only those who need it.  My problem, and probably millions more, is so many able bodied folks who just won't work. I don't know if those are in your reference to Kings & Queens, but they don't deserve welfare.  Imo, if only the actual needy received aid, we'd have more than enough money to take care of them like Kings and Queens.  

And not directed at you 1989NDN, just venting here.  Govt healthcare - any advocates should go back and read all the horror stories at our Govt run VA facilities.  And those folks in particular should be getting the best our Govt can do - and evidently, as pathetic as it is, it must be the best they can do.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

Paul Ryan and his cronies don't give a crap about working class people!

Does one "prove" he cares about working class people by giving them lots of free stuff or does one prove he cares about working class people by creating an environment where they can raise their families in an environment that does not include things like what is happening in Venezuela where "compassion" was "allegedly" a key component to the way that country operates/operated?