New health care bill

westend1

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy

— Proverbs 31:8-9

If we are only talking about helping those in REAL need, that can't help themselves...I'm all in.

It's already happening in Churches everywhere...at no cost to taxpayers.

There are not tens of millions in this country that NEED assistance...and you know it.

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them—he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free, the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

— Psalm 146:5-9

"If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

— Isaiah 58:11

And then there is this one ;) 

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches?

— Isaiah 10:1-3

Give generously to the poor, and do so without a grudging heart, then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land.

— Deuteronomy 15:10-11

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Give generously to the poor, and do so without a grudging heart, then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land.

— Deuteronomy 15:10-11

AHCA cuts $1 trillion in ObamaCare taxes

This is the hidden content, please

I'm still waiting for the "take from the rich to give to the poor" Biblical quote. That is the whole discussion. I don't think there is anyone on here that doesn't want to help the truly needed. But taking (through taxation) from hard working folks to give to those the elitist deem "needy" (with little to no verification) is not one of the tenants of the Bible that I'm aware of. Every one of your quotes deal with personal actions. The discussion is more on the lines of should the government force everyone to contribute to the needs of others. But I did enjoy reading those quotes.

I have a couple of thoughts to ponder.

I heard Chuck Schumer complain that the GOP passed the bill with no Democratic support. NEWSFLASH CHUCK!!. The Dems passed Obamacare without a single GOP vote. 

Nancy Pelosi was complaining that they were bringing back a dead issue. NEWSFLASH NANCY!!. It took the Dems almost a year and a half to pass Obamacare and then they had to bribe several Democrats at the end to vote for it with pork projects for those states. They act like if the GOP can't pass it in a month, it should be over. 

The complaints are from the same people that incessantly repeated the mantra of, "you can keep your doctor and keep your insurance". It was all an outright lie. It was not even close to the truth and the cost is way more than the CBO claimed. These same people now want you to trust them when they want you not to believe the GOP and the costs. I guess it would be better if the Dems said, "We outright lied to fool you and the GOP is doing the same so don't fall for it". 

Back to your rants...........