New health care bill

westend1

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I know nothing about scripture.  However, since it is being quoted frequently in this thread, I wonder if there is any scripture that defines marriage and deals with abortion?

I wonder if there are any that deal with grabbing women by the vaginas?  Or I wonder if all of the above are off topic for this thread?

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I wonder if there are any that deal with grabbing women by the vaginas?  Or I wonder if all of the above are off topic for this thread?

I'm still waiting for the scripture that says it's okay to forcibly confiscate money from the haves to support the have-nots. You've adequately shown where it is an individual duty for those who follow the Bible to help the poor, but is it the government's job to forcibly apply this duty to all Americans, especially in a country where freedom OF and FROM religion are both a guaranteed right (as interpreted throughout American history)?

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm still waiting for the scripture that says it's okay to forcibly confiscate money from the haves to support the have-nots. You've adequately shown where it is an individual duty for those who follow the Bible to help the poor, but is it the government's job to forcibly apply this duty to all Americans, especially in a country where freedom OF and FROM religion are both a guaranteed right (as interpreted throughout American history)?

I guess we all, be it voters or politicians, have to vote our own conscious.  Just a little peculiar to me when the GOP likes to strut around as the keepers of the Word (see most recent executive order), even if they somehow can't accurately pronounce a book in said Word.  I couldn't have voted for this particular legislation but that's just me.  I answer to a higher, non-orange power.  

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I guess we all, be it voters or politicians, have to vote our own conscious.  Just a little peculiar to me when the GOP likes to strut around as the keepers of the Word (see most recent executive order), even if they somehow can't accurately pronounce a book in said Word.  I couldn't have voted for this particular legislation but that's just me.  I answer to a higher, non-orange power.  

Do you think the higher power would advocate for government run single-payer healthcare in which everyone has their wages forcibly confiscated to support the have-nots, or do you think He would support a capitalistic free-market approach in which catastrophic and pre-existing conditions are dealt with by charity organizations? (I don't think it's possible to load a question more than that.)

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Point being selective scripture adherence rather than over all adherence. 

Point being you are profiling if you assume someone's beliefs on a topic based on his belief on another topic.  I would think you of all people wouldn't want to take that route.  I don't subscribe to the "all republicans are racist" line.  Point being that those issues weren't the point of this thread at all. 

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Do you think the higher power would advocate for government run single-payer healthcare in which everyone has their wages forcibly confiscated to support the have-nots, or do you think He would support a capitalistic free-market approach in which catastrophic and pre-existing conditions are dealt with by charity organizations? (I don't think it's possible to load a question more than that.)

I think you and I would most definitely disagree on what the Higher Power would advocate ;).  Hopefully we both find out one day on the right side of the gates!

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Point being you are profiling if you assume someone's beliefs on a topic based on his belief on another topic.  I would think you of all people wouldn't want to take that route.  I don't subscribe to the "all republicans are racist" line.  Point being that those issues weren't the point of this thread at all. 

I made no assumptions.  I asked a question.   It appears to me that you made an assumption about what you believed I was assuming.  Your avoidance of my question is sufficient as an answer.

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I think you and I would most definitely disagree on what the Higher Power would advocate ;).  Hopefully we both find out one day on the right side of the gates!

I'm not so sure we totally disagree about that. I think the Higher Power would advocate for individual freedom to decide to be charitable, and that most people would observe this duty...in which case we would have zero need for government run health care.

38 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I made no assumptions.  I asked a question.   It appears to me that you made an assumption about what you believed I was assuming.  Your avoidance of my question is sufficient as an answer.

So you asked a question to which you already knew the answer, even though it was off topic of the discussion at hand.  Some might call that trolling my friend!

49 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

So you asked a question to which you already knew the answer, even though it was off topic of the discussion at hand.  Some might call that trolling my friend!

Like quoting 100 bible scriptures in a topic about Health Care?

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Where are these women? Someone inappropriately grab my wife, she will put marks on him herself, then he will be arrested pronto.

3 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I would never support President Obama saying that he could grab women by the p. He has two daughters, that alone would prevent him from saying something so asinine.

Did you see his woody video? He's a real pip.

On 5/4/2017 at 1:05 PM, Tigers2010 said:

It did not help the majority of people.

IT IS NOT MY JOB TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD THEIR OWN PLAN. Do you believe it is fair that I put all my money into college, attended 5 years of school (while working), get a career job only to have to shell out more than I can afford to pay for those who chose not to make life decision to better their financial status?

B.S. it helped people with pre-existing conditions who couldnt obtain coverage if they we ill in the past. It also helped people with chronic illnesses. Before the ACA, once the  insurance company spent 3 million dollars on your care, they would kick you off of their plan. It has helped college students by allowing them to stay on their parents health plan until the age of 26. My son hopes to get into medical school, so this is great. It helped the working poor, people who made to much to receive medicaid, but not enough to afford other coverage through Medicaid expansion. How can someone make a  comment about the ACA when they know nothing about it?