New health care bill

westend1

20 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Is this what you voted for?   Do you like it?

I have not read the new bill. I do know before ObamaCare, coverage for my family was roughly $450 a month. After ObamaCare, my coverage got worse, and my premiums moved to roughly $1,250 a month. You tell me WestEnd, would you like that? Would you vote for or against that. I have a family to support and ObamaCare is robbing them blind. Tell me how did ObamaCare help me? Explain that to me. 

8 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I have not read the new bill. I do know before ObamaCare, coverage for my family was roughly $450 a month. After ObamaCare, my coverage got worse, and my premiums moved to roughly $1,250 a month. You tell me WestEnd, would you like that? Would you vote for or against that. I have a family to support and ObamaCare is robbing them blind. Tell me how did ObamaCare help me? Explain that to me. 

Obamacare didn;t help you.  It helped those who couldn't afford insurance or those who had pre existing conditions.   I don't care about Obamacare.  I was just asking if this new bill is what you were expecting.

2 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Obamacare didn;t help you.  It helped those who couldn't afford insurance or those who had pre existing conditions.   I don't care about Obamacare.  I was just asking if this new bill is what you were expecting.

It did not help the majority of people.

IT IS NOT MY JOB TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD THEIR OWN PLAN. Do you believe it is fair that I put all my money into college, attended 5 years of school (while working), get a career job only to have to shell out more than I can afford to pay for those who chose not to make life decision to better their financial status?

10 minutes ago, westend1 said:

It will be hard for this new bill to triple my premiums. So to answer your question, it can't worsen my situation, and can't be worse than what Obama did for me.

13 minutes ago, westend1 said:

If you were in my shoes, would you be an Obama supporter? Would you really support somebody who was directly responsible for taking $1,000 out of your paycheck a month? Honestly?

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

Is this what you voted for?   Do you like it?

The bill would eliminate tax penalties Obama's law which has clamped down on people who don't buy coverage

I love it. Now, I can just do like those who are too lazy to work for their own plan, not have one

The bill would block federal payments to Planned Parenthood for a year.

Love this too.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

It did not help the majority of people.

IT IS NOT MY JOB TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD THEIR OWN PLAN. Do you believe it is fair that I put all my money into college, attended 5 years of school (while working), get a career job only to have to shell out more than I can afford to pay for those who chose not to make life decision to better their financial status?

Is a preexisting condition a life decision?  I went to school for 7 years.  Still doesn't bother me to try to get everyone covered. Btw.   You will still pay for their health coverage.   Nobody goes without

15 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Is a preexisting condition a life decision?  I went to school for 7 years.  Still doesn't bother me to try to get everyone covered. Btw.   You will still pay for their health coverage.   Nobody goes without

The number of people who don't have insurance because a lack of effort is greater than the ones who have pre-existing conditions. You can make yourself feel better by "trying to cover" everybody, but by duty and responsibility is giving my kids and my family a decent life.

Answer my question. Would you support a president who directly is responsible for $1,000 less in your pay per month than the last? 

$1,000 per month for 12 months, $12,000

4 years of his crap, $48,000

$48,000 is what Obamacare would have cost me in increased premiums from my previous plan.

Would you support that candidate?  

6 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The number of people who don't have insurance because a lack of effort is greater than the ones who have pre-existing conditions. You can make yourself feel better by "trying to cover" everybody, but by duty and responsibility is giving my kids and my family a decent life.

Answer my question. Would you support a president who directly is responsible for $1,000 less in your pay per month than the last? 

$48,000 is what Obamacare would have cost me in increased premiums from my previous plan.

Permit me to add that the $48000 you refer to is an after tax figure.

2 hours ago, westend1 said:

As somebody who went to college and then spent YEARS in careers I didn't care for exclusively so that I could keep coverage on my family, I have a hard time supporting legislation that was crafted to benefit people who haven't made similar sacrifices, and is financed through cost increases that I have to soak up. 

Im not even the biggest fan of coverage for pre-existing conditions. How is it fair for some people to pay car insurance every month, but then the jerk who never bothers to buy insurance can run out and buy it AFTER he crashes into somebody? 

The real solution to the healthcare coverage crisis is to stop forcing medical providers to treat people who can't or won't pay. The system is flooded with people who don't have coverage and go straight to the ER for treatment (which costs a fortune over a DR visit). People know that the providers are obligated to treat them, yet the patient is under no similar obligation to pay. The system is rigged. Mix in runaway malpractice litigation and it's no wonder my family's coverage costs over a thousand per month, unless we actually need help... then it gets really expensive. 

I'm like everybody else that hasn't read the bill. 

I haven't heard much about cost- saving measures in the new plan. That was one of my big gripes about Obamacare. Everybody feels like healthcare costs are too high in the US. Instead of tackling cost AND expanding coverage to those who didn't have it, Obamacare just made sure that EVERYBODY could receive care that costs way too much... the costs are just passed on to the ones who are already trying.  

Want to help the healthcare system? Reroute the money that goes towards paying for Obamaphones towards Medicaid. You'd find out quickly just exactly where poor people's priorities are. There would be riots in the streets. 

36 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Anyone who thinks Obama started the free cell phones don't give a damn about facts.

I'm aware that it didn't start with President Obama. Unfortunately, that's what the free phones for those who can't buy their own have been labeled. 

The program did explode under Obamacare, though. 

37 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Well the American health care act belongs to REPUBLICANS!

Nah, it belongs to everybody... just like Obamacare did. My hope is that when there inevitably are problems with this new legislation, both sides can work together for the American people to make adjustments as needed. For seven years Obamacare was the golden calf that dems refused to admit had any shortcomings or changes needed.... despite rising premiums, crashing exchanges, closing hospitals and rising costs. 

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

No, I wouldn't, Tiger.   

3 hours ago, new tobie said:

Well the American health care act belongs to REPUBLICANS!

There is no new healthcare act. There is a bill that has yet to be decided and has not even begun debate in the Senate. 

Obamacare is still the law of the land.... unfortunately.