Lack of posts

Chester86

Baseball is by far my favorite sport.    The time we spend with our dads (sometimes mom too) growing up lead to so many memories.  My son is a senior this year, and we have lived in many different communities.  He has played little league, all-stars and travel ball leaving us with great connections all over the Golden Triangle.  We love keeping up with all those old friends and seeing how their HS careers have progressed.  

It seems this year there has been a marked decrease in posting.  You can get 20 pages in the HS Football thread on who the better back-up punter would be.  But you get major district games at large schools and have 3 generic posts.  HS Basketball will generate views on who's gym has the best nachos.  You've got some great district rivalries, and some close district races. Take some time, brag on your school.  Boast on your kids, and let us know what's happening in these games.  You might think no one is interested, but I guarantee someone will appreciate you posting and it will be read.

45 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

23-3A Rankings

Kirbyville 9-0

Buna 6-3

Hardin 5-4

East Chambers 5-5

Anahuac 4-5

Warren 4-6

Kountze 3-5

Bob Hope 0-8

Thanks, Coach.  But you are NOT one of the problems.  I would be completely in the dark with regard to Bob Hope sports if it weren't for your diligence.  In fact, I find lately that for the most part, the smaller schools are the most consistent in getting reports in.

I try to go through Game Changer to atleast give final scores west of the Trinity. To be honest, HS ball this year has been boring, 21-5a district is atrocious. Wish BH played in 22-5a for baseball for sure. After BH and Crosby it nose dives. The majority of games aren't even close. BH is 52-5 between our Soph, JV, and varsity with 0 loses in district.

3 minutes ago, WhenitMattersMost said:

Got East Chambers covered here.  They are a very young team with only one starting Senior, 2 or 3 starting juniors 4 or five starting sophomores and 2 starting freshman and are in the middle of a playoff race holding the 4th spot one game out of 3rd.  Should have a few more good years. 

Mine is one of the Freshman.  Super proud of him.

14 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I try to go through Game Changer to atleast give final scores west of the Trinity. To be honest, HS ball this year has been boring, 21-5a district is atrocious. Wish BH played in 22-5a for baseball for sure. After BH and Crosby it nose dives. The majority of games aren't even close. BH is 52-5 between our Soph, JV, and varsity with 0 loses in district.

Thats a typical BH comment. will win the district in baseball for the 1st time since the 2013 season and now they are too good for the district? If any program should go to a better district it should be Crosby. They have been doing it longer and their new baseball and softball complex blows all others away. That's whos been the dominant school, not BH.

21 minutes ago, NCEagle1 said:

Thats a typical BH comment. will win the district in baseball for the 1st time since the 2013 season and now they are too good for the district? If any program should go to a better district it should be Crosby. They have been doing it longer and their new baseball and softball complex blows all others away. That's whos been the dominant school, not BH.

Typical BH response? It's the truth in baseball. Btw, did you read where I said BH and Crosby? We usually split with Crosby, but only played them once this year. We won that game btw. I tried to look back at New Caney games and can't find when y'all ever beat BH in baseball. I think I know the reason for your post. Don't worry, we'll represent our current district well in the playoffs again this year. You do realize went 4 rounds deep last year although we didn't win district? I'll take that over a district champioship any day. A couple more wins and you're in Round Rock. Good luck to New Caney this week.

15 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

You are correct about 22- 5a. Something needs to be done about the baseball side of this district for sure. This year you have PNG & Nederland and that's it. When it comes Memorial, Central & Ozen baseball it is BAD. What can be done to improve these three teams?  

35 minutes ago, Shiner said:

You are correct about 22- 5a. Something needs to be done about the baseball side of this district for sure. This year you have PNG & Nederland and that's it. When it comes Memorial, Central & Ozen baseball it is BAD. What can be done to improve these three teams?  

22-5a is usually competitive. Vidor, Lumberto, PNG, Nederland, and Livingston is usually competitive to very competitive.  What I've seen is teams like Central, Ozen, and Memorial is the lack of kids and baseball knowledge.  For example, one of my boys is on JV and we played Ozen this year. Ozen pitcher didn't know how to pitch from the stretch. Our team stole bases every pitch. When he tried from the stretch, he didn't come set and balked. BH has over 70 kids on 3 teams, with five kids on JV pumping 80+ mph. I've also noticed that the majority of school put alot of under classman on varsity to be able to compete, which should be the case, but the sub varsity teams are terrible. I have a friend that is a coach at West Brook, a 6A dchool and he told me they barely get enough kids tryout to fill their teams. Not sure if kids are starting to just play summer ball instead of high school or the talent level has went down the last couple of years overall.

1 hour ago, Shiner said:

How do you figure? Lumberton beat Nederland and if not for 2 errors would have swept them and Vidor (if I'm not mistaking) played Nederland pretty close as well.. I get it about PNG, they are good but to say its PNG and Nederland and that's is...come on.

Standing as of today.

PNG 10-0

Lumberton 7-3

Nederland 7-3

Livingston 7-3

Vidor 5-5

PAM 2-8

Central 0-10

Ozen 0-10 

All I am really saying is this district is down this year and the three teams at the bottom a real bad. PNG is good this year but I don't think they are great. Having those teams in this district does not do anyone who is good any justice when more than likely the game is over by the 10 run rule.