Colmesneil breaking its contracts for football season?

jv_coach

37 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

Rumor has it that Colmesneil is breaking their football contracts with  Price-Carlie, Overton and Grapeland next year during football season.  Sounds shady, but it is Colmesneil ,and if half of what I hear about that place is true...Wow, all I can say is wow. 

Never will understand not keeping with the schedule for one more year. Just play it out then make your own schedule in next realignment.

Dropping one team is bad enough, but three??? I also heard that Colmesneil talked an Evadale opponent to drop them in order to play Colmesneil next year. Not sure if that's true or not. If so, that's pretty bad.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I also heard that Colmesneil talked an Evadale opponent to drop them in order to play Colmesneil next year. Not sure if that's true or not. If so, that's pretty bad.

It's true.....probably why Evadale put 86 on them last year.........lol

This is the prime example of WHY you get game contracts signed.........

3 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

It's true.....probably why Evadale put 86 on them last year.........lol

And will probably this year as they are again district opponents.

As difficult as it is to get a 10 game schedule every two years, you would think that coaches would stay away from jilting opponents mid alignment and even worse, encouraging other schools to do so.

Now, I would only say that in Coach McMurry's defense, he took over the football program after these games were agreed to and given that they were 1-9 last year, he would need to preserve some enthusiasm in the program.  Dropping the 3 games from your pre-district schedule where you lost by an average of 61-10 might do that.

But I still find that no defense to keeping your word.  Colmesneil not doing so in this case might make it more difficult for them to find games when February 2018 rolls around.

20 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

And will probably this year as they are again district opponents.

As difficult as it is to get a 10 game schedule every two years, you would think that coaches would stay away from jilting opponents mid alignment and even worse, encouraging other schools to do so.

Now, I would only say that in Coach McMurry's defense, he took over the football program after these games were agreed to and given that they were 1-9 last year, he would need to preserve some enthusiasm in the program.  Dropping the 3 games from your pre-district schedule where you lost by an average of 61-10 might do that.

But I still find that no defense to keeping your word.  Colmesneil not doing so in this case might make it more difficult for them to find games when February 2018 rolls around.

I'm thinking the only way around it is to not take the job.  Double edged sword.  Someone applies wanting to be a head coach but the schedule is already set.  So...take the job knowing you're going to get embarrassed?  Because let's face it...we all have a pretty good idea (most of the time) which teams are good and which aren't.  We at least know what they had the previous year, how many returning, and how many lost.So have to weigh being an AD/HC vs getting your brains beat in.  Don't know..

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm thinking the only way around it is to not take the job.  Double edged sword.  Someone applies wanting to be a head coach but the schedule is already set.  So...take the job knowing you're going to get embarrassed?  Because let's face it...we all have a pretty good idea (most of the time) which teams are good and which aren't.  We at least know what they had the previous year, how many returning, and how many lost.So have to weigh being an AD/HC vs getting your brains beat in.  Don't know..

Take the job, take the beating, and give those parent coaches reason to say "see, told you this guy was a bum". No thanks.

22 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Take the job, take the beating, and give those parent coaches reason to say "see, told you this guy was a bum". No thanks.

I hear you.. but what's the alternative?  No guarantee that you replace teams on the schedule that you'll actually beat.  I know that it's probably stressful because you only get 10 games per year and there is a lot of pressure to succeed, but, at the same time I feel as though the games should be honored.  The other coach that agreed to play doesn't have anything to do with the school haveing a job change.  I don't think that when football coaches create schedules they say "Alright.  We're going to play next year at my place during week 3 and the year after at your place week 3.  Unless one of us gets fired or finds a better job...in which case the opposite will get screwed and have to find someone else to play.  Even though everybody else's schedules will be done"

What does Winter Break and Spring Break have to do with football season? The only one of those things you mentioned that may interfere is the Tyler County Fair. So, scheduling tough 2A schools is not exposing the parents, it is putting the kids in a position that they are not going to be successful or have a chance to.  The scheduling had nothing to do with exposing parents and their commitment. Now the new guy is trying to find some "sisters of the poor" schools they can beat, so he can say look at the "improvement" we made from last year, now we are 4-6 instead of 1-9. It is to make himself look better and to give the facade of they are getting better, when in reality they are still a very weak football program. Their last best run for the foreseeable future was when Fancy Johnson was at the helm. That team was legit. 

You are right the team under Johnson was legit. But you are missing my point , these parents are different from the parents that were there under fancy. And I am talking all sports not just football. I know for a fact these current and former coaches had problems with parents putting the fair and vacations and anything that came up above games and practice they expect a coach to be a miracle worker while doing little to nothing to improve their children. The current 8th grade class soon to be freshman class . Will work and play circles around the upperclassmen. Playing down now will only retard this classes ability. Again they have parents that are investing in their kids not just talking.

I love how the first thing to happen is place blame or success on a coach.  Didn't Johnson have a really good group of mostly upper classmen...that were fairly successful in all sports all the way up to that year?  And when the next coach came in wasn't that group gone?  It's not a coincidence.  Good players = success.  Colmesneil didn't have a good year last year?.. Yeah well, it's because there wasn't a whole lot of talent relative to their competition.  Sorry.

And the parents were no different.  Winning is a cure all.  And winning hides complaints.  Under Fancy the parents were parents of a group of kids that were good enough to win games.  That's the difference.  

Longball24, based on your evaluation of the current 8th grade class. it looks like the current regime of coaches is looking to retard the upcoming freshman class's abilities by playing down next year in football. If they were wanting to develop them into the next great class, they would not be backing out of games in the middle of an alignment.

As for the current 8th graders running circles around the current upperclassmen, I don't think that will be hard in football and basketball. They still have some quality upperclassmen in baseball. But, based on their record in football there is not much to work with currently in the high school and in basketball, if they do not get the senior kid from Woodville, they are a mediocre basketball team at best this year. So, it will not take much to be one of the better football or basketball players for Colmesneil.

But how long will the current AD get to leave his mark on the program?

And also the Special Ed comments, really people? I didn't see eye to eye with Coach Trotter on a few things, but that was between him and I only(which also was handled properly and not blasted on social media, much respect for Coach Trotter). But to put the blame on him just shows the level of intelligence. He isn't to blame for what is happening now.